PDA

View Full Version : DONATE DONATE DONATE only at 155K need MORE MORE MORE !!

Falseflagop
10-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Guys we need to step it up, as they are planning to railroad RP, stating things like Hillary too far ahead, RP is great but has no Shot,

We have come to far now, no heading back, full steam ahead and since its fall College kids in school this is OUR TIME!! I smell and feel teh FEAR in MSM mouths as RP and the gang looking to take them down we can this!!

Spread the RON PAUL REVOLUTION!

At 155,000 / 4 we are at $38.750 per day which would equate to x 90 days = 3,487,500. See what I mean this is good but NOT GREAT!

cujothekitten
10-04-2007, 12:00 PM
True, let's step up some donations. The widget codes are posted now so lets spread them around the web. More widgets = more donations and exposure.

TechnoGuyRob
10-04-2007, 12:01 PM
I agree! I'm doing a coding job that will max me out, though.

wgadget
10-04-2007, 12:13 PM
I can't count the times I've heard radio personalities say

"Ron Paul isn't going anywhere..."

It's almost like it's been programmed into them...same exact words every time.

csen
10-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Guys we need to step it up, as they are planning to railroad RP, stating things like Hillary too far ahead, RP is great but has no Shot,

We have come to far now, no heading back, full steam ahead and since its fall College kids in school this is OUR TIME!! I smell and feel teh FEAR in MSM mouths as RP and the gang looking to take them down we can this!!

Spread the RON PAUL REVOLUTION!

At 155,000 / 4 we are at $38.750 per day which would equate to x 90 days = 3,487,500. See what I mean this is good but NOT GREAT!

I think this is pretty encouraging actually. It's the start of the quarter after a massive fundraising drive, and we're almost back to our Q3 pace. Things will pick up later, don't worry.

Mordechai Vanunu
10-04-2007, 01:15 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like a lot to ask to sustain a $1 million per week donation pace? I know everyone pulled through at the end of the quarter, but sustaining that for another 3 months seems to be a hard goal to achieve.

yoshimaroka
10-04-2007, 01:16 PM
The thing is why can't 45,000 meetup members pitch-in 100$ each for this month?

ItsTime
10-04-2007, 01:18 PM
you are all thinking only people in the past are the ones that are going to donate this time around. Ron Paul is pulling in more and more people everyday. It will be slow at first but then will take off.

Plus they will be adding mail ins from the 1st on so the pace will start to pick up. If we get to the 15th and we are way under 2 million panic then :) jk

McDermit
10-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like a lot to ask to sustain a $1 million per week donation pace? I know everyone pulled through at the end of the quarter, but sustaining that for another 3 months seems to be a hard goal to achieve.
You can't go from surpassing a 1mil/week goal to only expecting half a mil/week. No way. We have to keep up the momentum. Letting it drop off would be a huge mistake.

Now they're counting on a stream of new donators from the MSM coverage we're getting from Q3 announcements. Then we have the big debate fast approaching... as long as we keep getting new blood, we'll be fine.

I do wish they'd set weekly 1mil goals though, as opposed to the big seemingly unattainable monthly goal. It's basic motivational marketing... I'm really surprised they dropped the ball on that.

Thrice
10-04-2007, 01:20 PM
The thing is why can't 45,000 meetup members pitch in 100$ each for this month?
Exactly, especially considering how only really wealthy people support free trade advocates such as Ron Paul, right? Nah, just kidding. I don't know about $100 a month (that's part of my goal without taking into account specific financial obligations per month) but like I said in another thread, I'm making it a point to tuck away $20 a week to donate. Ideally, I can hit maybe $50 a week. I'd think even tucking away $10 a week would be helpful.

Really, there's something awfully encouraging about seeing tangible results in the thermometer and now the Statue of Liberty.

The one mil/week might seem ambitious, but it's better to set that sort of goal than to encourage mediocrity. That, and look at all the press Paul's getting for making 5 mil this quarter. Free advertising (and this time it's positive)!

jblosser
10-04-2007, 01:21 PM

We have one shot at this.

One.

kylejack
10-04-2007, 01:21 PM
If you don't donate to Ron Paul and he loses, the money you invested is lost. If you do donate more and he wins, you get it all back, and then some, because you never pay income tax again. Keep in mind that after Ron Paul is gone, we can expect perhaps another 20 years before a pro-liberty candidate ever appears again. This could be our last chance before all the things we fear envelop us.

csen
10-04-2007, 01:28 PM
I think the most likely trend is $2.5-3mln for October, $4mln for November, and $5-6mln for December...if we achieve the October goal I'll be really impressed.

kylejack
10-04-2007, 01:32 PM
I think the most likely trend is $2.5-3mln for October, $4mln for November, and $5-6mln for December...if we achieve the October goal I'll be really impressed.
The media blitz may help. Just think, somewhere in America right now, there's someone who just heard about Ron Paul's fund-raising results and asked, "Who is Ron Paul?" That person is currently watching Youtube videos and reading articles Paul has written and looking at his voting record. In another few days or a week, they're going to become a hard-core Ron Paul supporter. How much of a bump will we get when these people start donating?

We can only imagine.

cujothekitten
10-04-2007, 01:36 PM

I know it seems like a lot but in all honesty he's not going to get the major press he deserves unless he starts bringing in these kinds of numbers. We can do this it's just time to work. We've hit the big time now... not only do I think we can hit 12 million but I bet we'll get more.

Spread the word, Ron Paul has given us a challenge :D

ronpaulitician
10-04-2007, 01:38 PM
If they play it smart, they'd change the dynamics of the meter.

I'd like to see the names of the people displayed again.
I'd like to see weekly targets (instead of monthly), and start out with lower weekly goals, building up to the larger weekly goals that we need to get $10+ million in this quarter.

Week 01: $0.5 million
Week 02: $0.5 million
Week 03: $0.5 million
Week 04: $0.6 million
Week 05: $0.7 million
Week 06: $0.8 million
Week 07: $0.9 million
Week 08: $1 million
Week 09: $1.25 million
Week 10: $1.5 million
Week 11: $1.75 million
Week 12: $2 million
-----------------------------
Total 4th: $12.1 million

$500 a week is doable for the first few weeks.
If we overshoot our goal, the goal for the next week will automatically increase. Say we hit $600k this week, then next week we'd go for $700k. If that week we hit $900k, the next week we'd go for $900k.

SpicyItalian739
10-04-2007, 01:40 PM
Yeah, come on guys! I only donated $50 during the 1 million push but I already came up with another $50 for this month, and I only work 15 hours a week!!!!

I may only have a couple extra bucks a month but Im foregoing luxuries for this cause now!

I cut back on food and have been eating a ton of Ramen Noodles just for Ron Paul

I cut back on smoking from a pack a day to 2 packs a week just for Ron Paul

I cut back on drinking expensive microbrew and imported beers just for Ron Paul

I returned a new widescreen ipod nano that I bought last week just for Ron Paul

I quit going to Starbucks and started making cheap instant coffee just for Ron Paul

Make some concessions... keep the donations coming in every week!

Stealth4
10-04-2007, 01:41 PM

I'd like to see weekly targets (instead of monthly), and start out with lower weekly goals, building up to the larger weekly goals that we need to get $10+ million in this quarter.

If we overshoot our goal, the goal for the next week will automatically increase. Say we hit $600k this week, then next week we'd go for $700k. If that week we hit $900k, the next week we'd go for $900k.

email this idea to the campaign

cujothekitten
10-04-2007, 01:42 PM

This is a good solid pace that can be achieved.

john_anderson_ii
10-04-2007, 01:42 PM
We simply can't make these numbers with the supporters we have currently.

The campaign knew this when they set the challenge. This whole challenge is designed to get us off this forum and out getting more supporters which means more donors. We'll need our warm body count to grow exponentially to make these goals. So encouraging forum members to donate is good, but getting more forum members is better.

I work all day, but this weekend I'm going to try to pilot an Arizona "Servers For Ron Paul" campaign using the Tax Free Tips legislation as an Ice breaker.

If we can get "1 million from MySpace", how much can we get from the entire food service industry?

Here's the email I sent to Ed, my meet up coordinator to let him know what I plan to do. It's entirely based of the success other forum members had in the food service area with Ron Paul's message.

I have an idea, that I'd like to present to the meet up group.

As you know, Ron Paul introduced the Tax Free Tip Act a little while ago. Some guys on a forum I frequent went to local bars and restaurants to spread the word about this piece of legislation. As you can imagine, they became just about instant heroes. They were offered, and no doubt accepted, free food & drinks. This is an excellent tool to use to break the ice with service industry workers. Since at least 50% of a service industry worker's job is to talk to people, we could reach a lot of people by infecting the service industry with Ron Paul on the brain syndrome. If they seem really interested, maybe asking them to hand out slim jims to their regulars.

My plan is to use the attached .pdf, along with slim jims to put together an information packet, and then spend Sunday driving to area bars & restaurants during their non-peak hours to speak with the wait staff. I'm going to start off by introducing them to the Tax Free Tips Act and Ron Paul, and by letting them know that a 5 minute phone call or a letter to their representative can make this Act a reality. Then I'm going to let them know that Ron Paul has a lot more great ideas where this one came from, and that he's running for president. Then I'm going to drop a hint about the fund raising drive, and that any donation will be an investment since they will make it back if this and other tax saving legislation passes.

I know some waiters and waitresses don't make much, but $25 from a hundred thousand of them adds up. I put myself through school waiting tables, and after that I installed point of sale systems, so I know the lingo and how to talk them. I hope it's enough.