PDA

View Full Version : Cash on hand counts

Zydeco
10-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Giuliani: $10.5 million (for the primaries)
Paul: $5.3 million
McCain: $3.6 million (I don't think this takes campaign debts into account, though)
Huckabee: $600,000

Hey, we're doin' pretty good! Once we get the word out about the biased "scientific" poll methodologies, that will be the last reason they have to not consider Ron Paul "top-tier"!

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8S2HUN00&show_article=1

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Rasmussen_Polls_Rigged_against_Ron_Paul_unbelievab le

njandrewg
10-04-2007, 11:54 AM
we should definetly beat Romney after you subtract the debt. He'll be going in with 18mm in personal loans...so shouldn't be that hard

Sematary
10-04-2007, 11:55 AM
we should definetly beat Romney after you subtract the debt. He'll be going in with 18mm in personal loans...so shouldn't be that hard

Romney has a personal fortune we can't hope to match.

Danny Molina
10-04-2007, 12:06 PM
more than half of Romney's money came from Romney himself.

Zydeco
10-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Yes, the number we're aiming for with Romney is cash on hand MINUS his personal donations. That's the true gauge of interest in his candidacy.

Considering that he gave himself $9 million in the first two quarters and another $8.5 million this quarter, and that he spends a LOT of money to pay people to support him, I think it's safe to say Ron Paul has him beat, too.

I'd be curious to see what Thompson has. We might very well be trailing only Giuliani in cash on hand if you don't count Romney's personal contributions.

Amazing. :D

njandrewg
10-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Yes, the number we're aiming for with Romney is cash on hand MINUS his personal donations. That's the true gauge of interest in his candidacy.

Considering that he gave himself $9 million in the first two quarters and another $8.5 million this quarter, and that he spends a LOT of money to pay people to support him, I think it's safe to say Ron Paul has him beat, too.

I'd be curious to see what Thompson has. We might very well be trailing only Giuliani in cash on hand if you don't count Romney's personal contributions.

Amazing. :D
I don't think Thompson will be doing that hot in cash on hand either. If he only raised 8 million, and that includes Q2 too...then he probably has 2-3 mil in cash on hand

Zydeco
10-04-2007, 12:21 PM
I don't think Thompson will be doing that hot in cash on hand either. If he only raised 8 million, and that includes Q2 too...then he probably has 2-3 mil in cash on hand

I suspect you're right, we'll see on the 15th.

Now wouldn't that be awesome, Ron Paul in 3rd in cash on hand -- and in 2nd if Romney hadn't written himself $18m in checks? THAT would be something we'd need to prod the media to play up...

Original_Intent
10-04-2007, 12:21 PM

I think Thompson it was 8 mill in Q3 and 11 mill if you add his Q2 money.

ghemminger
10-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Romney is not happy about sinking money into the campaign and has been very vocal about it

Zydeco
And another thing: candidates like Obama and Hillary get the lion's share of their money from big corporate donors who want something from an Obama or Hillary Administration, but then they try really hard to attract smaller donations, too, so they can claim their $$ is from "the people." They both do a fair amount of actual collecting from the people for a variety of reasons, so it's not completely bogus as a claim.

For Rudy, though, he has very few donations from the people. He jets into a city, does a private corporatist fundraiser, and jets out. So that is another asterisk by his name when the fundraising totals come out.

ghemminger
The only way he gets paid on his investment is if he gets Elected then he can triple his fortune like the BUSH's

ghemminger
10-04-2007, 12:24 PM
And another thing: candidates like Obama and Hillary get the lion's share of their money from big corporate donors who want something from an Obama or Hillary Administration, but then they try really hard to attract smaller donations, too, so they can claim their $$ is from "the people." They both do a fair amount of actual collecting from the people for a variety of reasons, so it's not completely bogus as a claim.

For Rudy, though, he has very few donations from the people. He jets into a city, does a private corporatist fundraiser, and jets out. So that is another asterisk by his name when the fundraising totals come out.

Yeah it's Attorneys and Financials - suprised me

Zydeco
10-04-2007, 12:28 PM
Yeah, the Bushes are in "politics" like the Corleones were in "olive oil"! :mad:

leipo
10-04-2007, 12:30 PM

Is there anyway we can break down the totals? Like how much totalling from the people, how much from corporations and how much from abroad (nice one, Rudy).

ronpaulitician
10-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Does Paul's $5.1 million include funds for general election?

If Giuliani raised $11 million in the third quarter, has $16 million on hand, but $5 million of that is for the general election, how much did he raise for the PRIMARIES in the third quarter? Should we subtract 1/3 from that $11 million number, which moves him down to about $8 million?

kylejack
10-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Does Paul's $5.1 million include funds for general election?

If Giuliani raised $11 million in the third quarter, has $16 million on hand, but $5 million of that is for the general election, how much did he raise for the PRIMARIES in the third quarter? Should we subtract 1/3 from that $11 million number, which moves him down to about $8 million?

Tough to say. It will get a lot easier on the 16th, when the official financials are released. Then we can see how much comes from where. Or go dig it up from Q2 financials.

ronpaulitician
10-04-2007, 12:54 PM
Tough to say. It will get a lot easier on the 16th, when the official financials are released. Then we can see how much comes from where. Or go dig it up from Q2 financials.
Actually, I may have misread the article. It doesn't say tht $10.5 million of his cash on hand is for the primaries, but that $10.5 of his fundraising (third quarter? total of first, second and third quarter?) was for the primary.

Never mind :)

Dary
10-04-2007, 01:02 PM
Romney has a personal fortune we can't hope to match.

The question is, how much is he prepared to lose?

ronpaulitician
10-04-2007, 01:15 PM
Cash on hand (http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/giuliani-leads-gop-field-third-quarter/story.aspx?guid=%7BA03C02E1-6141-43B1-8B8E-04719B48A39F%7D)

Giuliani: $16 million
Romney: $9 million (which is really $0.5 million, as he's loaned himself $8.5 million*)
McCain: $3.6 million (is that minus the debt?)
Thompson: ?

*How much did Romney loan himself in the first two quarters?

jj111
10-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Thus:
NET cash on hand (cash minus debts)
McCain: $3.6 million minus unknown level of debt
Romney: negative $9 million ($9 million cash minus $18 million debt)

Ron Paul beats both McCain and Romney on cash on hand minus debts! Ron Paul is in second place, second only to Giuliani in this measure!

ronpaulitician
10-04-2007, 01:27 PM
My bad. I think Romney's personal loan is only $8.5 million, although that may be just for the third quarter (iffy info).

That still places Paul second (or third, depending on how much Thompson has on hand).

kylejack
10-04-2007, 01:28 PM
Thus:
NET cash on hand (cash minus debts)
McCain: $3.6 million minus unknown level of debt

Ron Paul beats both McCain and Romney on cash on hand minus debts! Ron Paul is in second place, second only to Giuliani in this measure!
The cash on hand figure is important because it reveals how much they can spend on ads and such. So in that context, Romney is beating Paul by double. Sure, he has debt, but if he wants to, he can relieve that debt to himself if he wants. Its not really debt. John McCain has real debt that has to be repaid.

jj111
10-04-2007, 01:42 PM
The cash on hand figure is important because it reveals how much they can spend on ads and such. So in that context, Romney is beating Paul by double. Sure, he has debt, but if he wants to, he can relieve that debt to himself if he wants. Its not really debt. John McCain has real debt that has to be repaid.

To the extent that Romney lent himself so much money, the cash on hand minus debt figure is more a show of how much money the candidates have earned and saved as a result of true support from the electorate, as opposed to gifts to themselves.

Lord Xar
10-04-2007, 01:43 PM
It is said McCain raised 6 million.. HOW DID HE RAISE THAT???? His fundraisers never have alot of poeple. who the hell is pumping money INTO his campaign.. argghh.... that guy needs to go...

recess
10-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Romney only raised 500,000 if you minus personal loans? how could that be?
if its true its pathetic

ronpaulitician
10-04-2007, 01:49 PM
Romney only raised 500,000 if you minus personal loans? how could that be?
He raised $10 million. He loaned himself $8.5 million on top of that.
Cash on hand being $9 million means he spent $9.5 million to raise that $10 million and to get 7% in the Gallup poll.