PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Recently Register Republican in CA?

MarcMadness
10-04-2007, 11:23 AM
I recently registered Republican in CA. The registration card I got in the mail does not say anything about being Republican. On the back of the card it says something to the effect of 'the party you are registered to will appear on the reverse side of this card', yet it does not.

Just wondering if anyone else is registered in CA recently and has had a similar issue. I have a big fear I will show up on primary day and be told 'oh , you're not a registered Republican, sorry son, time to go home...".

blubolt
10-04-2007, 11:29 AM
I just recently changed from independant to republican. I did it online at the state sight. I am now waiting to get the card stating I made the change. I'll let you know what happens. I think you could call the local voter registrar office and ask.

chris

Danny Molina
10-04-2007, 11:32 AM
I registered republican last year. I didn't even a get a voter registration card in the mail, but when I went for the midterm elections I didn't have a problem voting.

mdh
10-04-2007, 11:33 AM
I recently registered Republican in CA. The registration card I got in the mail does not say anything about being Republican. On the back of the card it says something to the effect of 'the party you are registered to will appear on the reverse side of this card', yet it does not.

Just wondering if anyone else is registered in CA recently and has had a similar issue. I have a big fear I will show up on primary day and be told 'oh , you're not a registered Republican, sorry son, time to go home...".

The cards here in WV don't state party affiliation either, but you are definitly affiliated (I have voter rolls, they definitly have your party affiliation recorded, but it isn't printed on the card.)

empirenine
10-04-2007, 11:39 AM

I'm wiling to bet that its on your card if you got the same one I did. If you registered online, it's on there. VERY hard to find, but it should show your previous affiliation and your new affiliation. As I recall, the previous affiliation was much easier to find than the new one.

MarcMadness
10-04-2007, 11:44 AM
But I don't see it. I will make a call to try and confirm.

SeanEdwards
10-04-2007, 12:29 PM
I got a card that said "rep" on it somewhere. Took some effort to find.

wbbgjr
10-04-2007, 01:48 PM
I got a card that said "rep" on it somewhere. Took some effort to find.

I changed to Republican in CA a couple of months ago. Never got anything back. Should I be worried? Where do i go to get it verified?

Abobo
10-04-2007, 01:52 PM
I changed to Republican in CA a couple of months ago. Never got anything back. Should I be worried? Where do i go to get it verified?

I changed last month and got nothing as well. When I first registered to vote a few years ago I also never received anything.

jj111
10-04-2007, 01:54 PM
I called voter reg and they confirmed that I was registered Republican.

Abobo
10-04-2007, 01:57 PM
I called voter reg and they confirmed that I was registered Republican.

What information did they require to confirm?