PDA

View Full Version : An Alternative Take on Immigration

Zippyjuan
12-27-2009, 02:30 PM
Yeah, like we really need another thread on immigration. But hey- people like the topic it seems so I thought I would jump in on the bubble issue before it gets burned out and deflated like the housing market.

Some claim that illegal immigration is a sign that the country is heading to the crapper. Maybe this is backwards. Maybe the way to deal with immigration is to put the country in the crapper. Why do people come here - undertaking for them large expenses and high risks? Because they find opportunities they do not find in their own countries. Even at our worst, we are better than what they experience. If we were say worse off than Mexico, why would they come here? It is not likely that we can make Mexico a more desirous place to be than the US so boosting up their country won't really work. So why don't we pay everybody $5 a day and quite cleaning up the environment and fixing roads and things. Think of all the money this will also save us in government expenditures.

Trying to do things to improve the country are counter-productive when it comes to illegal immigration. If we make it better, even more people will want to come here. Don't worry about those darn deficits and taxes. Crank them up! Totally devalue that currency- don't make it more stable by backing it up with gold.

Or we can just moan about everything. Afterall- we need somebody to blame for problems. They aren't all the Fed's fault. Must be at least partly the fault of illegal immigrants. Surely it isn't capitalism seeking maximum profits.

I will now open the floor for comments.

Anybody?

sratiug
12-27-2009, 02:45 PM
It is all the FED's fault.

Dunedain
12-27-2009, 05:37 PM
You are saying to ruin the country and then the illegals won't be dumb enough come here? That would probably work. We could also atom bomb every city in the country and have the same effect. Kill the host, then the parasite dies. Drink some posion then you don't have to worry about things in your life getting worse. But I'd rather just solve the problem directly.

How 'bout this? Enforce the law; Kick them the hell out, bring our troops home, put them on the southern border then the problem is solved.

lynnf
12-27-2009, 07:40 PM
won't work, zip. no matter how bad it gets, it will always be better than where they came from. as long as employers hire them instead of citizens because they are cheaper and the government lets them get away with it, they'll have jobs.
they can get free health care (and more is on the way with Obamacare!) so for someone that is sick or has a sick family member, that is another draw for them to come here.

:D

lynn