PDA

View Full Version : Romney is loaning away - 17.5

Johnnybags
10-04-2007, 11:23 AM
million investment in himself all tolled. I hope he squanders it fast with joggin commercials. LOL.

LarryWhite
10-04-2007, 11:29 AM
If you subtract the loan, Paul has more cash on hand than Romney.

Romney reports $9.5M 3QPosted: Thursday, October 04, 2007 12:55 PM by Domenico Montanaro
Categories: 2008, Mitt Romney
From NBC's Domenico Montanaro
Romney is reporting about $9.5 million for the third quarter.

The campaign sent out an e-mail touting "$18 million in total receipts for the third quarter," but then it reads that "the total receipts include Governor Romney's loan of $8.5 million." By subtraction, that's $9.5 million raised. The campaign is also reporting 23,000 new donors and $9 million cash on hand with the loan.

Johnnybags
10-04-2007, 11:32 AM
If you subtract the loan, Paul has more cash on hand than Romney.

Romney reports $9.5M 3QPosted: Thursday, October 04, 2007 12:55 PM by Domenico Montanaro
Categories: 2008, Mitt Romney
From NBC's Domenico Montanaro
Romney is reporting about $9.5 million for the third quarter.

The campaign sent out an e-mail touting "$18 million in total receipts for the third quarter," but then it reads that "the total receipts include Governor Romney's loan of $8.5 million." By subtraction, that's $9.5 million raised. The campaign is also reporting 23,000 new donors and $9 million cash on hand with the loan.

he gets in and then making a loan to look competitive with the Ghouls? Hes got 500k without loans.

LarryWhite
10-04-2007, 11:34 AM
Mccain has $3 million, Romney has $500,000 without his loan, that puts us at least 3rd overall in cash on hand.

enjerth
10-10-2007, 11:33 AM
I've been thinking about this for some time and I really have to ask.

Is it actually legal for a candidate to withdraw funds from his campaign donations, even to repay himself for what he "loaned" his campaign? If so, (begin anti-Romney ad) this sounds like the most scummy thing a candidate can do. I mean, really. He has loaned his campaign how much, $17.5 million? That means he expects his campaign contributors to pay him back. That means when you donate to Romney, you're putting money INTO HIS POCKET and not to his campaign.

Do you really want to donate to Romney just so he can put your money in his pocket? (/end anti-Romney ad.)

ghemminger
10-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Problem (for him) is that it is not working - 10,000 ads and no real message - with the logcabin ad and his debate performance it is only cementing his flip-flop/chickenhawk appearance.

He has indicated many times that he is severly dissapointed with having to loan money to his campaign...this is all about a twisted sort pride for Mitt

kylejack
10-10-2007, 11:38 AM
I've been thinking about this for some time and I really have to ask.

Is it actually legal for a candidate to withdraw funds from his campaign donations, even to repay himself for what he "loaned" his campaign? If so, (begin anti-Romney ad) this sounds like the most scummy thing a candidate can do. I mean, really. He has loaned his campaign how much, $15 million? That means he expects his campaign contributors to pay him back. That means when you donate to Romney, you're putting money INTO HIS POCKET and not to his campaign.

Do you really want to donate to Romney just so he can put your money in his pocket? (/end anti-Romney ad.)

He has the option of relieving the debt to the campaign.

enjerth
10-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Just had to come back and add some more as I had another thought.

Romney has put his campaign financiers $17.5 million in debt. He claims he's loaned his campaign $17.5 million, and that he would consider it a disaster if he actually had to put his own money up for the election campaign.

That means 3 things.
1. He doesn't think his campaign for president is worth spending his own money on.
2. He expects his campaign donors to repay him, thereby claiming that they are indebted to him (since most of that money is spent and he can't just reclaim it).
3. He is fiscally irresponsible, borrowing money from future support. This is a good indicator of how he will run the country, substituting campaign donors with tax payers. He is not a conservative. He will spend today at the cost of the next generation.

ghemminger
10-10-2007, 11:50 AM
Just had to come back and add some more as I had another thought.

Romney has put his campaign financiers $15 million in debt. (I don't know the actual numbers, but lets play with that one because I know it's $8.5 million in the last quarter alone.) He claims he's loaned his campaign $15 million, and that he would consider it a disaster if he actually had to put his own money up for the election campaign.

That means 3 things.
1. He doesn't think his campaign for president is worth spending his own money on.
2. He expects his campaign donors to repay him, thereby claiming that they are indebted to him (since most of that money is spent and he can't just reclaim it).
3. He is fiscally irresponsible, borrowing money from future support. This is a good indicator of how he will run the country, substituting campaign donors with tax payers. He is not a conservative. He will spend today at the cost of the next generation.

I have said this before: Romney has 2 motivations for spending so much money (risk)
1. Sort of twisted delusion that his family will be political type dynasty (kennedys, bushes, clintons)
2. Becoming President will probably allow him to increase his networth easily 4x from 250 M - 1 Billion either during the duration or soon after his stint....