PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Real News Suggestions

NPursuit357
10-04-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm looking for a news site that focuses on actual news. For example notifications of current legislation going through the congress, what new laws are being signed by fuck head, new deals and alliances being formed by other countries. You know the stuff that really matters. I'm looking for a true unbiased factual based site, and hopefully something I can get it all from one source, because I'm sick of spending half my day weeding through the crap to find out something important and factual. Any suggestions? The conspiracy theorists need not respond. I know of all of those sites already, thanks.

kalami
10-04-2007, 11:25 AM
"true unbiased factual based site"
does not exist

you can always visit congresses site to see what laws are being passed and you can pay 80 bucks a month for a subscription to one of those private companies that put out reports on foreign countries that rival government intelligence

Bryan
10-04-2007, 12:18 PM
does not exist
I'll basically agree on that. The best that I've seen are finding those with a news gathers interest that suits your taste. Here's an example of one that I look at some, while it proclaims to have a liberal slant it brings up some good stories and it's all presented in a simple manner: http://www.oldamericancentury.org

NPursuit357
10-04-2007, 01:05 PM
Thank you. That site looks promising.

saku39
10-04-2007, 01:53 PM
does not exist

Sadly, this is true. All media is biased. It just what side their on and how much they're biased.

Personally, I switch between the local paper, the internet, CNN, FOX, MSNBC, CBS and the BBC. I take all these sources and just put it through the filter in my head. This might seem a bit extreme, but I don't completely trust a single network or newspaper to give me unbiased information.