PDA

View Full Version : SPLIT: Anarchy derail of "Twitter is the epitomy of libertarianism"

Met Income
12-26-2009, 11:33 PM
So is ebay. But ZOMGZ! that is anarchy!

Yeah, government is better. Right.

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-27-2009, 12:45 AM

The Market itself is anarchy. We should welcome this, not shoo it away.

Austin
12-27-2009, 12:48 AM

Nah, eBay is more of what we have now -- a relatively free market with a ton of restrictions.

craigslist, with its self-moderation system, reminds me of direct democracy..

but anyway, I think twitter is a pretty cool guy, eh embodies libertarianism and doesn't afraid of anything

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-27-2009, 12:55 AM
Nah, eBay is more of what we have now -- a relatively free market with a ton of restrictions.

craigslist, with its self-moderation system, reminds me of direct democracy..

but anyway, I think twitter is a pretty cool guy, eh embodies libertarianism and doesn't afraid of anything

Why do people believe anarchy is chaos, lawlessness, unfettered anti-social individualism, without law, etc. Yes, it can mean those things, but as we all know words in the English language often times have multiple meaning.

Anarchy - A theory that regards the absence of all direct or coercive government as a political ideal and that proposes the cooperative and voluntary association of individuals and groups as the principal mode of organized society.

The Free-Market is anarchy. The Free-Market is wholly voluntary.

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-27-2009, 01:39 AM
Twitter is people willingly signing up for 1984.

Says the man who advocates for a total Police State.

revolutionisnow
12-27-2009, 01:44 AM
Says the man who advocates for a total Police State.

...because a secure border is a police state. I guess practically every other nation in the world is a police state, as they have secure borders. :rolleyes:

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-27-2009, 01:46 AM
...because a secure border is a police state. I guess practically every other nation in the world is a police state, as they have secure borders. :rolleyes:

Because we all know those who "illegally" come into this country all stay on the border. Also, stop assuming outcomes. I have no faith that the Government can secure thousands of miles of border let alone run the DMV, the USPS, or Amtrak.

3 Months well publicized amnesty period to get their life in order and move back to their home country. After that strict penalties for both employers and illegal aliens. Offer rewards to people who call in successful tips to ICE for 6 months or so. Police patrol places like Home Depot and day labor places for a few months. Have parents of children attending public schools show proof of legal residence. With all the money saved you will be able to beef up border patrol troops. There is probably all sorts of technical solutions also, maybe a motion sensors that attach to huge floodlights and sirens, or trained attack dogs/wild wolves that roam along the border inside an electronic fence.

Isn't that a frightening scenario folks?

revolutionisnow
12-27-2009, 03:33 AM
Because we all know those who "illegally" come into this country all stay on the border. Also, stop assuming outcomes. I have no faith that the Government can secure thousands of miles of border let alone run the DMV, the USPS, or Amtrak.

Isn't that a frightening scenario folks?

Or we could use Mexico's own policy.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=14632

Foreigners with fake papers, or who enter the country under false pretenses, may be imprisoned:

* Foreigners with fake immigration papers may be fined or imprisoned. (Article 116)

* Foreigners who sign government documents "with a signature that is false or different from that which he normally uses" are subject to fine and imprisonment. (Article 116)

Foreigners who fail to obey the rules will be fined, deported, and/or imprisoned as felons:

* Foreigners who fail to obey a deportation order are to be punished. (Article 117)

* Foreigners who are deported from Mexico and attempt to re-enter the country without authorization can be imprisoned for up to 10 years. (Article 118)

* Foreigners who violate the terms of their visa may be sentenced to up to six years in prison (Articles 119, 120 and 121). Foreigners who misrepresent the terms of their visa while in Mexico -- such as working with out a permit -- can also be imprisoned.

Under Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony. The General Law on Population says,

* "A penalty of up to two years in prison and a fine of three hundred to five thousand pesos will be imposed on the foreigner who enters the country illegally." (Article 123)

* Foreigners with legal immigration problems may be deported from Mexico instead of being imprisoned. (Article 125)

* Foreigners who "attempt against national sovereignty or security" will be deported. (Article 126)

Mexicans who help illegal aliens enter the country are themselves considered criminals under the law:

* A Mexican who marries a foreigner with the sole objective of helping the foreigner live in the country is subject to up to five years in prison. (Article 127)

* Shipping and airline companies that bring undocumented foreigners into Mexico will be fined. (Article 132)

UnReconstructed
12-27-2009, 03:43 PM
you advocate government intervention when government consistently fails to control anything other than YOU