PDA

View Full Version : Could we stop ridiculing Primary opponents?

samforpaul
12-26-2009, 02:30 PM
I wonder if there are others like me who wish when discussing Trey Grayson, Bill Johnson, or even Cathy Baily that they were spoken of respectfully and in a civil manner as opposed to terms such as Smayson, Jill Bohnson, etc.? Even today harsh words were directed at Cathy Baily when tragedy just recently came to her family. To me it casts us not them in a negative light. When I promoted Ron Paul two years ago I had to fight comments which disparaged his age and appearance. I'm thinking that there are others who wish we could have a discourse that was respectful as opposed to childish name-calling? Surely we know that supporters of our Primary opponents will be people we hope join us in the General Election. Just a few weeks ago wasn't there a youtube up where Rand said he would support Trey if he was the nominee? How about in the future we make it about issues and not them personally?

LibertyEagle
12-26-2009, 02:42 PM
I think that is an excellent idea. When we stoop to such levels, all it does is make ourselves look bad and some of that has already been used to ding Rand. Sometimes, we are our own worst enemy.

Though, the reason most people are changing a letter of Grayson's name is so that we don't drive Google hits for him.

klamath
12-26-2009, 02:47 PM
I wonder if there are others like me who wish when discussing Trey Grayson, Bill Johnson, or even Cathy Baily that they were spoken of respectfully and in a civil manner as opposed to terms such as Smayson, Jill Bohnson, etc.? Even today harsh words were directed at Cathy Baily when tragedy just recently came to her family. To me it casts us not them in a negative light. When I promoted Ron Paul two years ago I had to fight comments which disparaged his age and appearance. I'm thinking that there are others who wish we could have a discourse that was respectful as opposed to childish name-calling? Surely we know that supporters of our Primary opponents will be people we hope join us in the General Election. Just a few weeks ago wasn't there a youtube up where Rand said he would support Trey if he was the nominee? How about in the future we make it about issues and not them personally?

I agree, but you are dealing with Libertarians you know.

Malachi
12-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Is Billy OK?

TCE
12-26-2009, 03:01 PM
Though, the reason most people are changing a letter of Grayson's name is so that we don't drive Google hits for him.

That is part of the reason. The other part is pretty much unnecessary. We could definitely lower the amount of negativity towards candidates around here. The attack on that woman who supports Johnson, for instance, is pretty disgraceful.

Epic
12-26-2009, 03:02 PM
We could compromise and have "Jill Johnson".

Malachi
12-26-2009, 03:05 PM
The attack on that woman who supports Johnson, for instance, is pretty disgraceful.

She brought it on herself, she is the one who is attacking Rand Paul on Christmas for Pete's sake...!

TCE
12-26-2009, 03:08 PM
She brought it on herself, she is the one who is attacking Rand Paul on Christmas for Pete's sake...!

Why double or maybe even triple her web traffic? In politics, you ignore the people who get less than 5% in a poll.

Malachi
12-26-2009, 03:10 PM
Why double or maybe even triple her web traffic? In politics, you ignore the people who get less than 5% in a poll.

Just so you know, I'm not visiting her attack site, I'm chastising her on this forum. Because, I know the vulture is here reading this!

Matt Collins
12-26-2009, 03:16 PM
Though, the reason most people are changing a letter of Grayson's name is so that we don't drive Google hits for him.That's why I do it. The further off of the correct spelling the better. And Google understands things like Rick=Rich=Richard=Dick. Or that Matt is shorthand for Matthew. And Billy is short for Bill or William.

LibertyEagle
12-26-2009, 03:19 PM

Do you think she cares what you think of her? I seriously doubt it, but everything you say here in Rand Paul's candidate subforum can be used to hurt Rand.

Your choice, though.

Malachi
12-26-2009, 03:20 PM
The real Billy Johnson:
YouTube - Billy ' White Shoes ' Johnson (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0EVm7fi0iQ)

Flash
12-26-2009, 03:24 PM
I think we should be respectful while campaigning for Rand Paul. IE if you run into a Grayson supporter in KY don't start calling him "Trey Gayson." But making up little nicknames on the forum isn't going to do any harm imo.

TheTyke
12-26-2009, 03:40 PM
I support ending ridicule. Disagreement is one thing, but some of the statements on here are just too much lately.

I do think we should keep changing letters in their names - not to make it an insult - but so they show up less online.

t0rnado
12-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Ridiculing people who want to impede upon our rights is the least worst thing we could do. To say that they deserve a modicum of respect, simply because they're politicians, is as pathetic as saying that Obama deserves respect because he has a title.

beazy
12-26-2009, 04:46 PM
the reson people started saying Grey Trayson and things like that is so Google results for Trey Greyson wouldnt return this forum

Flash
12-26-2009, 05:23 PM
Ridiculing people who want to impede upon our rights is the least worst thing we could do. To say that they deserve a modicum of respect, simply because they're politicians, is as pathetic as saying that Obama deserves respect because he has a title.

Agreed.

TCE
12-26-2009, 05:30 PM

Yeah! If I ever meet Johnson, I'm gonna refuse to shake his hand. That will promote the cause of liberty!

samforpaul
12-26-2009, 05:52 PM
the reson people started saying Grey Trayson and things like that is so Google results for Trey Greyson wouldnt return this forum

This is something I hadn't thought much about. However I can see the logic to that. Sometimes this is legitimate while at other times IMO it seems that names are written in a way that are used to denigrate that individual.

Matt Collins
12-26-2009, 05:59 PM
Ridiculing people who want to impede upon our rights is the least worst thing we could do. To say that they deserve a modicum of respect, simply because they're politicians, is as pathetic as saying that Obama deserves respect because he has a title.I completely agree. But if it hurts our cause (such as during an election) then it would be something that would be best if at lest temporarily stifled. We are tying to win people over here to vote for Rand and some people are turned off by negative campaigning.

Eric21ND
12-26-2009, 06:19 PM
Is pancakes behind this thread?

Imperial
12-26-2009, 09:03 PM
I find it funny we deride primary opponents like Bill Johnson for having barely any support, and then back liberty candidates who run under 10% in a similar fashion.

Gage
12-27-2009, 12:22 AM
Yeah! If I ever meet Johnson, I'm gonna refuse to shake his hand. That will promote the cause of liberty!
He has a really weak handshake anyway :p.

t0rnado
12-27-2009, 01:06 AM
I find it funny we deride primary opponents like Bill Johnson for having barely any support, and then back liberty candidates who run under 10% in a similar fashion.

Perfect example of doublethink!

Aratus
12-27-2009, 11:57 AM
i try to keep the words "Bill" and "Kentucky" sorta
seperate from JOHNSON! --- my inspiration is "KY-Bill" or "KY-bill"
because its new, and it does not pull up the website of mister number three...

Promontorium
12-28-2009, 04:50 AM
I'll be honest, I just finished off the rum, but I'm pretty sure an individualist didn't start this thread.

I don't care about your politics. Some of you are childish. Some of me is childish. Who fucking cares who writes 'treyson'? And Treyson is the number 1 missspelling and it has absolutely no personal connotations to it.

You know what? I'm not being paid $10,000 every 3 months and I'll say whatever the fuck I want. My logic, rationality, and objectivism is incidental.

Cowlesy
12-28-2009, 05:49 AM
My guide going forward for the purpose of avoiding google-hits will be

CM-III (Trey)
B-Johns (Bill J.)
C-Bails (Bailey)

Malachi
12-28-2009, 11:09 AM
I'll be honest, I just finished off the rum, but I'm pretty sure an individualist didn't start this thread.

I second that.

Agorism
12-28-2009, 11:32 AM
There is one more real Bill Johnson. He was the first American man to win an olympic gold in the downhill.

YouTube - Bill Johnson Freak Stunt Wengen 1984 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3We3lQcAiSU)

Malachi
12-28-2009, 11:40 AM
There is one more real Bill Johnson. He was the first American man to win an olympic gold in the downhill.

YouTube - Bill Johnson Freak Stunt Wengen 1984 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3We3lQcAiSU)

Billy has done it all....!