PDA

View Full Version : Stung by Criticism He's Abandoning Black Poor, Pres. Obama Ignores Best Solution

stu2002
12-26-2009, 08:31 AM
By Roy Beck, Tuesday, December 22, 2009, 5:25 PM EST - posted on NumbersUSA

Pres. Obama is under attack from some Black leaders for allowing Black poverty and unemployment to remain agonizingly high.

Blinded by the open-borders ideology that afflicts most of the nation's political and media elite, Mr. Obama can't see that he really could deflect the criticism and stick with his stated principles merely by being willing to reduce the importation of foreign workers.

President Barack Obama deflected criticism Monday that he has not been attentive enough to the African-American community, telling American Urban Radio Networks that he was unconcerned to see that kind of message coming from former supporters such as actor Danny Glover.

"Is there grumbling?" he asked rhetorically. "Of course, there's grumbling, because we just went through the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression."

"We were some of the folks who were most affected by predatory lending. There's a long history of us being the last hired and the first fired. As I said on health care, we're the ones who are in the worst position to absorb companies deciding to drop their health care plans,” Obama said. “So, should people be satisfied? Absolutely not. But let's take a look at what I've done."

-- "POTUS's Outlook On Black America" by Carol E. Lee, Politico, 21DEC09

What he hasn't done is reduce horrible joblessness among Black Americans whose U-3 unemployment rate is 50% higher than for the rest of Americans.

There are limits to what a President can do about such calamities. But one thing Mr. Obama does not have to do is allow his Administration to give away 125,000 new work permits each month to new foreign workers.

Halting all new work permits would not solve unemployment problems for Blacks or the rest of America, but it would mean moving hundreds of thousands more jobless Americans into jobs over the next year.

Because foreign workers are disproportionately in competition with Black Americans, reducing immigration would disproportionately help Black Americans, something Mr. Obama said he didn't think he could do.

Obama repeatedly used the pronoun "we" in discussing America's black community, but insisted that he shouldn't be expected to target policies exclusively to African-Americans.

"The only thing I cannot do is, by law I can't pass laws that say I'm just helping black folks," Obama said. "I'm the president of the entire United States. What I can do is make sure that I am passing laws that help all people, particularly those who are most vulnerable and most in need. That, in turn, is going to help lift up the African-American community."

-- Politico

The great thing about the immigration solution is that anything that helps fight the jobs disaster among Black citizens will also end up helping Americans of all races and ethnicities.

Pres. Obama has repeatedly said he will consider any reasonable idea to put more Americans back to work. His refusal to consider reducing immigration shows that he is not really serious. It shows that he has been infected with radical open borders ideology that causes him to inflict great political harm on himself and on the people he claims to care so much about -- all unemployed Americans, including the most victimized Black Americans.

But until more Black leaders specifically point out that Mr. Obama is refusing to use the immigration solution to the problem, it is unlikely that the President will move to truly respond to the pain in too many of the Black communities of this nation.

ROY BECK is Founder & CEO of NumbersUSA
Views and opinions expressed in blogs on this website are those of the author. They do not necessarily reflect official policies of NumbersUSA.
Subscribe to our Blog Feed

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/nusablog/beckr/december-22-2009/stung-criticism-hes-abandoning-black-poor-pres-obama-ignores-easiest

Dunedain
12-26-2009, 08:54 AM
Obama can't even keep blacks happy. Who then can support him?

I will admit he hasn't made a lot of overt gestures towards the black community. He hasn't come to Detroit yet America's largest black city. He hasn't stated the need for reparations based on skin color. He has screamed and cried racism. Lots of covert stuff though. Just look at the health care bill. Every black baby mama will get free health care. Now they won't need to dig out of their welfare money to pay for health services.

james1906
12-26-2009, 09:31 AM

I will admit he hasn't made a lot of overt gestures towards the black community. He hasn't come to Detroit yet America's largest black city. He hasn't stated the need for reparations based on skin color. He has screamed and cried racism. Lots of covert stuff though. Just look at the health care bill. Every black baby mama will get free health care. Now they won't need to dig out of their welfare money to pay for health services.

I think it's reached the point where he is known in the black community as the first half-white president.

cheapseats
12-26-2009, 09:38 AM
By Roy Beck, Tuesday, December 22, 2009, 5:25 PM EST - posted on NumbersUSA

"Of course, there's grumbling, because we just went through the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression."

The "Great Recession" is OVER, and no one TOLD me?

"We were some of the folks who were most affected by predatory lending.

Did Obama just call Blacks out-of-the-ordinary STOOPID?

There's a long history of us being the last hired and the first fired.

That is the mark of a Loser Class, yes? Remaining last hired and first fired, DESPITE the arrival of newer immigrants/minorities who would "naturally" supplant Low Man On The Totem Pole, points to a problemo inherent in the class that remains at the bottom. It stands to Reason, right?

LET ME BE CLEAR. I do NOT hold that Blacks are Stoopid or that Blacks are Losers. I hold that politicians, Barack Hussein Obama included, sustainedly EXPLOIT Blacks to their personal political advantage and their group's socioeconomic advantage.

I also contend that JEWS EXPLOIT BLACKS. Not every Jew, not every Black. Still, I contend systematic exploitation of Blacks by Jews.

There are limits to what a President can do...

From his lips to God's ears.

Halting all new work permits would not solve unemployment problems for Blacks or the rest of America, but it would mean moving hundreds of thousands more jobless Americans into jobs over the next year.

This makes no effing sense.

Halting all new work permits will ABSOLUTELY mitigate crisis-grade unemployment among American citizens.

I would remind my gullible and forgetful countrymen that Barack Hussein Obama DOES have a history of LYING.

Because foreign workers are disproportionately in competition with Black Americans, reducing immigration would disproportionately help Black Americans, something Mr. Obama said he didn't think he could do.

Barack Hussein Obama is not noted for his economic prowess.

Obama repeatedly used the pronoun "we" in discussing America's black community, but insisted that he shouldn't be expected to target policies exclusively to African-Americans.

So what was all that FREE OBAMA MONEY in Detroit, if it wasn't pandering to Blacks?

Barack Hussein Obama shouldn't use the pronoun WE when discussing America's Black community BECAUSE HE ISN'T BLACK.

"The only thing I cannot do is, by law I can't pass laws that say I'm just helping black folks," Obama said.

Does His Lordship imply that every other action under the sun DOES fall under his Umbrella Of Execution?

"I'm the president of the entire United States.

Without that birth certificate, I absolutely do NOT acknowledge this man as MY president.

What I can do is make sure that I am passing laws that help all people...
-- Politico

What's he waiting for?

The great thing about the immigration solution is that anything that helps fight the jobs disaster among Black citizens will also end up helping Americans of all races and ethnicities.

While true, it is ALSO true that anything that helps fight the jobs disaster among LOW END AMERICAN CITIZENS will end up helping ALL AMERICANS.

I have HAD IT with allblackallthetime.

Pres. Obama has repeatedly said he will consider any reasonable idea to put more Americans back to work. His refusal to consider reducing immigration shows that he is not really serious.

Obama is PLENTY serious. Just not about helping LOW END AMERICANS.

But until more Black leaders specifically point out that Mr. Obama is refusing to use the immigration solution to the problem, it is unlikely that the President will move to truly respond to the pain in too many of the Black communities of this nation.

Until more Black PEOPLE start calling Barack Hussein Obama out as the FRAUD that he is, Black Leaders will have about as much success as White People in pointing out the OBVIOUS failings of the Great Non-White Hope.

erowe1
12-26-2009, 10:18 AM
That article makes it sound like there's some finite amount of work to do and when people are already doing it all, then nobody else can do any.

The last thing we need is more central management of the economy, with some brainiac deciding how many people should be working in every industry and imposing his plan on the rest of us from his commanding heights. He'll never do as good of a job as the free market, ever.

YumYum
12-26-2009, 10:45 AM
It is obvious that Obama doesn't know whether he is a pancake or a waffle.

Stop Making Cents
12-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Why is it ok for blacks and other groups to demand that their specific race get special treatment but if whites ever said anything remotely similar, they'd be branded neo-nazis, charged with a hate crime, and they'd be fired from their jobs and lives ruined?

Freedom of speech and freedom of association only applies to certain groups i guess. :mad:

YumYum
12-26-2009, 10:52 AM
Why is it ok for blacks and other groups to demand that their specific race get special treatment but if whites ever said anything remotely similar, they'd be branded neo-nazis, charged with a hate crime, and they'd be fired from their jobs and lives ruined?

Freedom of speech and freedom of association only applies to certain groups i guess. :mad:

Because Zionists lawyers and judges said so.

cheapseats
12-26-2009, 11:06 AM

Discriminatory Policies R Us.

I would be ever so curious to witness the "Black Community" reaction to a WHITE CONGRESSIONAL CAUCUS.

angelatc
12-26-2009, 02:19 PM

The first bill he signed undid every bit of welfare reform that Bill Clinton's Congress put into effect.

And he came to Warren, which is a suburb of Detroit. I'm sure that wasn't close enough to actually suit the haughty city, but it's essentially the same thing.