PDA

View Full Version : U.S Soldiers Are Waking Up!

qwerty
12-24-2009, 11:27 PM
YouTube - U.S Soldiers Are Waking Up! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQfoFzJUsb0)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/aiduw/us_soldiers_are_waking_up/

Please send this to everyone you know!

Magicman
12-25-2009, 12:10 AM
This video needs to be watched by all one of the best speeches I've ever heard.

tog2476
12-25-2009, 12:18 AM
sent it out to all my contacts, simply one of the most concise speeches I have seen. Thank you!!!

newbitech
12-25-2009, 12:41 AM
bravo, wow.

qwerty
12-25-2009, 12:43 AM
sent it out to all my contacts, simply one of the most concise speeches I have seen. Thank you!!!

Yeah! Post this to other messageboards too!

BillyDkid
12-25-2009, 05:41 AM
There's a reason why Ron Paul got more supports from the members of the armed forces than any other candidate. Of course, the media glossed over that fact. I wish that every chicken hawk in the entire country could be put on the front lines and see what it really is. The people who love war should be made to fight them and leave the rest of us out of it.

Pericles
12-25-2009, 11:51 AM
That came across as poor propaganda to me. Using footage and photos from past wars to say the current operations are bad was a really bad move, IMO. It distracts from the message to the target audience.

Magicman
12-25-2009, 12:22 PM
That came across as poor propaganda to me. Using footage and photos from past wars to say the current operations are bad was a really bad move, IMO. It distracts from the message to the target audience.

How do you figure? War is war if we don't follow history we're doomed to repeat ourselves.

Pericles
12-25-2009, 12:56 PM
How do you figure? War is war if we don't follow history we're doomed to repeat ourselves.

How many of the posters who think this is a great clip have been in the military? That clip sounded like John Kerry on Vietnam>

Danke
12-25-2009, 01:20 PM
How many of the posters who think this is a great clip have been in the military? That clip sounded like John Kerry on Vietnam>

I was in the military, and never felt racism, as in that was a motivating factor to take on the enemy.

I'd say the military, like our federal government, is very politically correct. My first exposure to diversity training was in the military.

nobody's_hero
12-25-2009, 04:20 PM

Anti-war propaganda.

Anti-war propaganda.

I'm repeating it over and over trying to find out where the 'bad' is in that phrase. If nothing else, we're still far from balanced. The pro-war propanda has never taken a day off, except in cases where the apathy of the masses have led to passive support for the war, leaving no need to continue to sell the war.

They don't have to sell this war anymore. Everyone feels hopeless to change the situation.

I say, let there be anti-war propaganda. It can't possibly hurt at this point.

DAFTEK
12-26-2009, 08:16 AM
The American Empire wont win these occupations and it will only make more enemies! Its only a matter of time before it will all collapse on itself and the free world wont be in America!

qwerty
12-26-2009, 10:47 AM
Bump!

StudentForPaul08
12-26-2009, 12:48 PM
See I agree with that. But I bet that soldier and most in that audience don't understand economic freedom one bit. His sentiment that ALL CEO's are our enemy is misleading. Only those who are in bed with government to protect their companies usually are bad. The anti-war movement is just like the Tea-party movement. We agree with some of the sentiment, and rhetoric but the Right does not understand personal freedom and the Left doesn't understand economic freedom and sometimes both don't understand...either!

sluggo
12-26-2009, 12:53 PM
What's the song used for the background music?

Bodhi
12-26-2009, 02:30 PM

I was in the military, served in Operation Iraqi Freedom and I thought this was a darn good video. I left the military for many of the reasons this man is talking about, so did many others. We raised our hand to defend the constitution from enemies foreign and domestic. The biggest threat to our liberties is very much domestic in my opinion.

Reason
12-26-2009, 07:11 PM
//

Liberty Star
12-26-2009, 10:52 PM
This is one remarkable video clip, where did this gathering take place? I don't recall this covered by Fox, CNN or MSNBC.

I was in the military, and never felt racism, as in that was a motivating factor to take on the enemy.

I'd say the military, like our federal government, is very politically correct. My first exposure to diversity training was in the military.

One of the fine things about our military training programs is that life of an American/Iraqi/ Israeli/Palestinian/Afghan civilian is made to look exactly equal in the eyes of our soldiers.

Unfortunately our neocons don't get it, they need to be sent to special training classes.

surf
12-26-2009, 11:47 PM

you may have a much better perspective than i do, but i have always assumed that "dehumanizing" the "enemy" seems to have been a part of war and war propaganda forever.

whether it's gooks or "freedom-hating ragheads," i've always summized that such thoughts implanted into soldiers' minds make it easier to follow orders and become killing machines. and, in a broad sense, this is racism.

it's easier to shoot a duck or a deer if you do not take into consideration bambi (or huey, duey, and louie).

qwerty
12-27-2009, 10:53 AM
Bump!

Liberty Star
12-27-2009, 12:53 PM
Using footage and photos from past wars to say the current operations are bad was a really bad move, IMO.

Could it be they used past images because current images were too explosive?

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&um=1&sa=1&q=iraq+prisoner&btnG=Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g-sx2&start=0

Rumsfeld should have given a lecture on war and racism motivation but he seems to have been tied up with other things since Obama election.