PDA

View Full Version : Idea - Johns4Ron

thomaspaine23
10-04-2007, 09:58 AM
While I was "occupied" today I noticed something. The restroom had a number of small laminated signs, i.e. "the gubment says please wash your hands" with a sticky back.

Why not make a bunch of these and put them in stalls? As long as the signs don't have extreme glue, they can come off, so its not like you are destroying the proprietors property.....

A small sign with Paul's byline,

no to iraq,
no to taxes
does not use congressional pension
etc.

could be very effective....

Thoughts?

nullvalu
10-04-2007, 10:01 AM
hahaha i think that's very creative! cool idea..

micahnelson
10-04-2007, 10:04 AM
I thought this was the companion program to the "Prostitutes for Ron Paul" movement...

Seriously though... why not get small magnets and use em?

Elwar
10-04-2007, 10:06 AM
I believe that's what the Ron Paul Nuggets are for:

http://ronpaulhq.com/paulmart.php

about half way down.

nullvalu
10-04-2007, 10:10 AM
"Vote for Ron Paul and FLUSH Out Evil"

shadowhooch
10-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Heck, even simpler......

Just leave a Ron Paul flyer or slimjim in the stall every time you visit one. Tape it to the door on the inside, put it on top of the toilet paper dispenser, or just leave it on the floor.

People are always looking for stuff to read and you will have their undivided attention (for the most part).

We can OWN the voters who use restrooms!:D

thomaspaine23
10-04-2007, 10:11 AM
"Vote for Ron Paul and FLUSH Out Evil"

How about :

"google Ron Paul, before the Constitution goes down the drain."

nullvalu
10-04-2007, 10:12 AM
How about :

"google Ron Paul, before the Constitution goes down the drain."

another good one ;)

jjockers
10-04-2007, 10:13 AM
Similar: Don't flush the constitution. Vote Ron Paul.

nullvalu
10-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Heck, even simpler......

I think something custom for bathrooms would be much more effective.. would be humorous and informative.. especially if these were taped to the back of stall doors..

Dave Wood
10-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Now you know you have a brilliant idea here!

We could have a lot of fun with it too. Larry Craig and toe tapping has to be mentioned somewhere:D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek:

nullvalu
10-04-2007, 10:18 AM
Now you know you have a brilliant idea here!

We could have a lot of fun with it too. Larry Craig and toe tapping has to be mentioned somewhere:D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek:

emm... no i think that can be excluded!! :p

nullvalu
10-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Make something up.. something that would be 1/2 of a 8.5x11 sheet of paper... so you could get 2 on a sheet would work well i think.. post it up to a stall door with 2 peices of scotch tape & you're done..

mavtek
10-04-2007, 10:24 AM
I thought about that too, there are several bathroom ads in many restaurants and other places we could get. We just need to pay for them.

Chester Copperpot
10-04-2007, 10:24 AM
I believe that's what the Ron Paul Nuggets are for:

http://ronpaulhq.com/paulmart.php

about half way down.

A Ron Paul *NUGGET* in a bathroom stall? HAHAHA... HEy why not...

With Ron Paul and NO IRS we'll have less constipation in America...

Silly but probably true

Dave Wood
10-04-2007, 10:29 AM
We need to get on this quick!

We already have the candidate that is trying to remove taxes from tips etc. Let the bartender or owner or the est. know what he is doing and see if he will allow us to put up legitimate ads in their biz. Slim jims, Rp napkins, Rp coasters?

Still think the stall idea is very strong because of the "captive" audience:o

nullvalu
10-04-2007, 10:33 AM
i'll try to work something up

nullvalu
10-04-2007, 11:09 AM
Ok, here's a first draft.. How's it look? http://s188349088.onlinehome.us/Johns4Ron.doc

LibertyEagle
10-04-2007, 11:12 AM
Just don't do the Johns4Ron thing. Seriously, that just goes along too easily with the stripper. I know that's not what you mean, but it is way too easy to use that slogan against us.

Please folks, stay away from that slogan. It's horrible.

nullvalu
10-04-2007, 11:15 AM
You're horrible. Stop being a dictator, please.

nullvalu
10-04-2007, 11:59 AM
Any suggestions? (other than "don't do it") http://s188349088.onlinehome.us/Johns4Ron.doc

TechnoGuyRob
10-04-2007, 12:03 PM
Always carry some Ron Paul flyers, and whenever you go to a bathroom, hang them up in each toilet booth. People are busy pooping, so the only thing they can do is read whatever there's to read (and they will). It's very effective. :-)

ACJohn
10-04-2007, 12:08 PM
RP literature in combination with a Rudy Piss Cookie in the urinal. Can't lose.

John

uncloned21
10-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Any suggestions? (other than "don't do it") http://s188349088.onlinehome.us/Johns4Ron.doc

It really could do without the toilet humor completely. I think a simple business card or slim jim would be best, along with web addresses or the suggestion to "google ron paul"

nullvalu
10-04-2007, 12:24 PM
oh you're all so boring.. :D

thomaspaine23
10-04-2007, 12:24 PM
It really could do without the toilet humor completely. I think a simple business card or slim jim would be best, along with web addresses or the suggestion to "google ron paul"

The problem with slim jims IMO is people can take them, so if you only put one in the other customers won't see it. If you put in a stack they'll likely get thrown out.

Thats why I was thinking of small laminated signs with a light sticky back. If it is stuck to the wall people will be less likely to pull it off. (Plus when you are sitting down the door will be just out of reach ;-)

uncloned21
10-04-2007, 12:30 PM
The problem with slim jims IMO is people can take them, so if you only put one in the other customers won't see it. If you put in a stack they'll likely get thrown out.

Thats why I was thinking of small laminated signs with a light sticky back. If it is stuck to the wall people will be less likely to pull it off. (Plus when you are sitting down the door will be just out of reach ;-)

Pros and cons to everything, my friend. The sticky one will cost more and can be thrown away just as easily by the first person who does not like RP or prefers another candidate. Also, it is doubtful that most people will remember the name they are supposed to google unless they take it home with them. Any method you apply to someone else's property is not likely to remain for more than 2-3 views anyway. Leaving something in a bathroom stall should be viewed as equivalent to handing out a flyer on a street corner - someone disinterested in or objecting to the content given to them will likely throw it away. If you want to do something more permanent, speak with the owner or manager of the facilities you are looking at and ask to place a plexiglass frame with a more secure but removeable adhesive. Without permission, I assure you nothing will last more than 1 day.

nullvalu
10-04-2007, 12:42 PM
Also, it is doubtful that most people will remember the name they are supposed to google unless they take it home with them.

That's the point of making it humorous, better chance of them remembering the name that way than some serious slim jim..

uncloned21
10-04-2007, 12:44 PM
I know I would think it's distasteful, but have fun posting them...

gornandez@yahoo.com
10-04-2007, 01:32 PM
HAHAha yeah.... Ive been doing this for a while, every stall i pass gets some kind of RP flyer wegded behind the TP holder.
that JonsForRon is pretty goofy.. i might suggest you change the "evil" line to something less...... overzealous sounding. like "corruption" or something

nullvalu
10-04-2007, 01:46 PM
HAHAha yeah.... Ive been doing this for a while, every stall i pass gets some kind of RP flyer wegded behind the TP holder.
that JonsForRon is pretty goofy.. i might suggest you change the "evil" line to something less...... overzealous sounding. like "corruption" or something

Good Idea.. I updated the Word Doc and uploaded a PDF version here:

http://s188349088.onlinehome.us/Johns4Ron.pdf