PDA

View Full Version : How Much Does My Family Need To Make Before Im Forced To Buy HC?

ItsTime
12-24-2009, 07:24 AM
What is the limit my family of 3 is allowed to make before we are forced to buy health insurance or get fined via the IRS without due process and face jail time?

tangent4ronpaul
12-24-2009, 07:27 AM
I believe it's 133% of poverty level. But in that case, all the rest of us get to pay for your health care insurence.

-t

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-24-2009, 07:29 AM
Will this finally jolt some people into Civil Disobedience and Agorism? I hope so.

ItsTime
12-24-2009, 07:29 AM
I believe it's 133% of poverty level. But in that case, all the rest of us get to pay for your health care insurence.

-t

Really that low? America is f-ed.

jrkotrla
12-24-2009, 07:41 AM
:( this is truly a most disappointing Christmas present.... I'm think I'm going to go back to bed

Ricky201
12-24-2009, 07:43 AM
Will this finally jolt some people into Civil Disobedience and Agorism? I hope so.

Let's hope so. Great time to educate others about what a real solution would be as well. I sense more talks of secession coming soon when the federal government tells the states that they can't nullify this legislation...

angelatc
12-24-2009, 07:45 AM
What is the limit my family of 3 is allowed to make before we are forced to buy health insurance or get fined via the IRS without due process and face jail time?

You have to buy it, but if you are poor you will get it subsidized.

I've often wondered why the slaves on the plantations didn't simply revolt, and now I am starting to wonder about it again.

tangent4ronpaul
12-24-2009, 07:49 AM
Really that low? America is f-ed.

I think that's the Senate version, IIRC the House version is 400% of the poverty level. But keep in mind that if you are just under 400% of the poverty level, you will get hit with MOST of the cost - it's a sliding scale. You basically have to be broke or dirt poor for the government to cover most of it - and I believe even at the lowest bracket, you still have to pay 5-10% of the bill....

-t

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-24-2009, 07:55 AM

I've often wondered why the slaves on the plantations didn't simply revolt, and now I am starting to wonder about it again.

They'll make me buy Health Insurance over my dead body.

Dianne
12-24-2009, 03:24 PM

I don't think anyone knows the answer to that question, including those who voted for the Bill. After all, no one has read what they signed yet.

Keller1967
12-24-2009, 11:34 PM

They were controlled with both physical violence and mental violence, plantation owners did fear their slaves killing them while they slept, and the economic value of having slaves loses it's value if you have to keep armed guards 24/7. They were controlled by breaking their will across generations, you can read about some methods that were used here:

http://www.timewake.com/africanhistoryinamerica.htm

I think you will see that similar tactics are being used on society at large.

Chaohinon
12-25-2009, 01:51 AM
http://www.woosk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/medic.jpg

devil21
12-25-2009, 03:44 AM
The bill doesn't go into effect until 2011 or later...

Are you sure about that? All Ive seen is indications that the taxes and fines will get rolling asap but no services will be paid out for a period of 3 to 6 years. Ugh...we won't know until the final bill is passed and immediately signed by Maobama. This shit is getting ridiculous.

ChaosControl
12-25-2009, 11:08 AM
It was pointed out to me that the fine is unenforceable. So just don't pay it.

pcosmar
12-25-2009, 11:32 AM
It was pointed out to me that the fine is unenforceable. So just don't pay it.
Nothing is unenforceable.
Tax lean on property. Drivers license renewal. Attached bank accounts.
They own the system,,,, it can and will be used against you. :(

nobody's_hero
12-25-2009, 04:23 PM
http://www.woosk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/medic.jpg

Amazing, amazing. Never seen that one before.