PDA

View Full Version : Received Census Crap at School

t0rnado
12-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Apparently the Census Bureau is hiring in NJ:

http://unelected.org/img/Census.jpg

The school handed that out to everyone today. It would be hilarious if someone took the job and went door to door handing out pocket constitutions or something.

__27__
12-22-2009, 03:39 PM
I'd be interested to know what the 'test' consists of. You should call and conduct a recon for us.

Dieseler
12-22-2009, 03:41 PM
I'd be interested to know what the 'test' consists of. You should call and conduct a recon for us.

It's probably similar to the one they give Cops to make sure they aren't "over qualified" for the job.
Also keep in mind, ACORN got its Federal funding back on the 15th of this month, at least that was the date they were supposed to get it back.

ItsTime
12-22-2009, 03:41 PM
I would rather have people like us doing the census. Then others that have no respect for the constitution.

__27__
12-22-2009, 03:43 PM
It's probably similar to the one they give Cops to make sure they aren't "over qualified" for the job.
Also keep in mind, ACORN got its Federal funding back on the 15th of this month, at least that was the date they were supposed to get it back.

What test for cops is that? When I took the POST test in Minnesota it was 100% covering applicable laws and statutes.

Dieseler
12-22-2009, 03:44 PM
It's gonna look like a weigh in stare down when they show up at my door this time.

Dieseler
12-22-2009, 03:45 PM
What test for cops is that? When I took the POST test in Minnesota it was 100% covering applicable laws and statutes.
I don't know, but it is more than just a little known fact that most departments appreciate their officers a little on the dumb side.

t0rnado
12-22-2009, 03:51 PM

It's 28 multiple choice questions that test basic reading, math, and map reading skills. It's about 30 minutes long and you can retake it if you fail once.

__27__
12-22-2009, 03:53 PM
I don't know, but it is more than just a little known fact that most departments appreciate their officers a little on the dumb side.

Must be an east coast thing, where you can get on the force with a birth certificate and a heartbeat. In Minnesota a college degree is a requirement, though they are generally smart and well educated, it doesn't stop the thuggery. Having been in the career, and having seen what it did to me, I stand by my assessment that most in LE are genuinely good people who don't understand what they are doing and why it is so wrong.

"The Matrix is a system, Neo, and that system is our enemy. When you are inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters, the very minds we are trying to save. Until we do, these people are part of that system and that makes them our enemies. You have to understand that most of these people are not ready to be unplugged and many are so hopelessly dependent on the system, they will fight to protect it. The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth."

Dieseler
12-22-2009, 03:56 PM
Must be an east coast thing, where you can get on the force with a birth certificate and a heartbeat. In Minnesota a college degree is a requirement, though they are generally smart and well educated, it doesn't stop the thuggery. Having been in the career, and having seen what it did to me, I stand by my assessment that most in LE are genuinely good people who don't understand what they are doing and why it is so wrong.

"The Matrix is a system, Neo, and that system is our enemy. When you are inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters, the very minds we are trying to save. Until we do, these people are part of that system and that makes them our enemies. You have to understand that most of these people are not ready to be unplugged and many are so hopelessly dependent on the system, they will fight to protect it. The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth."

My apology for being rude.

__27__
12-22-2009, 04:04 PM
My apology for being rude.

No apology necessary. I have more distaste for modern LE than probably anyone, I simply try to keep the distinction between the people and the job. Much in the same way that as a veteran I try to keep the distinction between soldiers and war.

Just the other day in the break room at work I was reminded of how sick our society really is. There was an episode of COPS on TV, and as a gentlemen stepped out of some brush with his hands up to surrender, he was tazed, tackled/kneeled on/beaten by no less than 7 officers, and the group in the break room thought that the appropriate response to this was laughter and making fun of the guy on the bottom of the pile. It is that society which has caused these good people to act as they do, and continue to reinforce that they are acting in an appropriate manner that is to blame.

bkreigh
12-22-2009, 05:40 PM
I would rather have people like us doing the census. Then others that have no respect for the constitution.

I agree. I have nothing against census. Just a lot of the bull shit on it. If some of us were to work then we could possibly be the voice of reason for some of the others there.