PDA

View Full Version : Progressives are getting worried...

ronpaulhawaii
12-22-2009, 12:10 PM
http://www.progressiveelectorate.com/diary/1992/time-to-get-our-hands-dirty

I have to highlight part of one comment...

Perhaps the only campaign, aside from Paul's congressional campaigns, that they're undertaking now that they'll end up winning is Adam Kokesh's run for Congress in New Mexico, which I'm kind of following.

:D

Here is the top of the article...

Have we become too comfortable, sitting behind our keyboards and silently typing away our anger? Has the progressive movement embraced the wonderful technology of the internet at the expense of real world activism and organizing?
I'm afraid this might be so. And it's time to turn that around. On Bill Moyer's Journal this past Friday, economist Robert Kuttner brought up a striking fact that is missing from nearly all of the plethora of analyses - ranging from Obamapologist to Obama hater to everything in between - that I've seen of this presidency:

Epic
12-22-2009, 12:23 PM
Rand Paul will likely win. He has a much better chance than Kokesh. Kokesh is in a tough district, though he has a slim chance in a "tidal wave" election.

Schiff probably has a better chance than Kokesh too.

And there are various other contests for House seats around the country - too many I'm losing track of them all. RJ Harris just has to win a primary vs. the incumbent to get the seat. Same with several others.

ronpaulhawaii
12-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Rand Paul will likely win. He has a much better chance than Kokesh. Kokesh is in a tough district, though he has a slim chance in a "tidal wave" election.

Schiff probably has a better chance than Kokesh too.

And there are various other contests for House seats around the country - too many I'm losing track of them all. RJ Harris just has to win a primary vs. the incumbent to get the seat. Same with several others.

I think it is unfair to use the Obama year as a metric of support for the NM incumbant. (He is a local joke...) Especially considering the Dem Machine here spent $1.5 million, compared to $190,000 for the GOP contender and $55,000 for the independent (who got 13% of the vote.)

GO GRASSROOTS!

Stary Hickory
12-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Kokesh may not win this first time around, but he needs to keep at it. He will get elected at some point that much I am sure of.

Epic
12-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Rand Paul looks to be in pretty good control. Let "normal" conservatives fund a lot of his campaign now... Schiff needs help, and also you can get better bang for the buck in funding various house candidates, including Adam Kokesh and RJ Harris.