PDA

View Full Version : Michael Badnarik is unconscious and in serious condition

LittleLightShining
12-22-2009, 12:00 PM
Just got this email:

Your prayers are needed at this time for Michael Badnarik.

Jessica,

I just received word that the President of the 2009 Continental Congress and 2004 Presidential candidate for the Libertarian Party, Michael Badnarik had a Heart Attack this morning and in an unconscious state. His condition is serious.

His Mother, Elaine, reported to me that Michael was in Madison, Wisconsin attending a hearing regarding a raw milk case. After the hearing he got in a car to go to lunch with friends, He then slumped over. His friends attempted CPR and contacted the paramedics. They attempted to revive him 3 times with no success. Upon the 4th attempt his heart was revived yet with erratic behavior.

He was taken by helicopter to Gunderson Lutheran Hospital CCU in Lacrosse, WI. Please do no call or visit the hospital, only family is allowed.

He has been fitted with a temporary pacemaker and a balloon pump to ease stress on his heart.

I have no further details at this time. Please watch your email box for an update.

Michael is a true asset and leader in our movement who works tirelessly and selflessly for freedom. Please pray for Michael at this time.

In Freedom,

Gary Franchi
National Director
Restore the Republic

Cowlesy
12-22-2009, 12:03 PM
uggh that's terrible.

Will say a prayer for Mr. Badnarik.

Liberty Rebellion
12-22-2009, 12:05 PM
Yeah, that guy is an inspiration. Would suck to lose him at this point in the game.

MelissaCato
12-22-2009, 12:27 PM
I hope he recovers. America needs him.

My thoughts and prayers.

Epic
12-22-2009, 12:37 PM
This would be a huge loss.

pacelli
12-22-2009, 12:41 PM
Noo!! It is a good sign that he was stable enough to implant a pacemaker, but we need the stepfather of the constitution around for a few more decades.

Link to his archives on WTPRN: http://mp3.wtprn.com/Badnarik08.html

itshappening
12-22-2009, 12:45 PM
this doesn't sound good,.. wish him well

Matt Collins
12-22-2009, 12:52 PM
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I can't even begin to tell you how sad this is. Along with the Judge, Michael was one of my most significant influences prior to the Ron Paul '08 campaign on matters of limited government and the Constitution. I remember watching his Constitution class back in 2006 and it completely shifted my paradigm regarding ideas of liberty. He is the one who originally made it "click" for me in my head and truly "lights the fires of liberty, one person at a time". And he received my vote in 2004 too.

The irony is that just yesterday I was speaking with some people about bringing Mike back to TN to do another class. Mike was in Oak Ridge, TN earlier this year and I was fortunate enough to meet him. I took his Constitution class even though I had watched it for free online. It was his largest ever to date with 120+ people. He is a very intense individual and right now that is what this country needs.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Badnarik-final.jpg

AdamT
12-22-2009, 12:55 PM
I hope he recovers.

Matt Collins
12-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Everyone should watch his Constitution class. It's brilliant:

Constitution Class By:Michael Badnarik Part 1 of 7 (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5085838350268647159&ei=LhYxS5GEKKCOqwKd_pCcAQ&q=michael+badnarik)

AZ Libertarian
12-22-2009, 12:59 PM
If it were not for this GREAT STATESMAN I would still be completely unknown to anyone but my immediate family and a scant few friends.

I, like many, knew something was wrong with America, but lacked the knowledge to be able to 'put my finger on it'.

This man put my HAND on the problem, and taught me much in what I needed to know as a basis for Constitutional Governance.

When he got the Libertarian Nomination for President, I went out [I]the very next day [I]and registered to vote for the first time in my life at age 46! I joined the Libertarian Party the same day, and have never looked back since. Men like him and Bob Schulz are the torch-bearers that light the way for many of us Freedom Fighters, and we need the landscape as bright as possible for the millions to see their way also.

I am one of COUNTLESS stories of the results of this one man's dedication to do everything in his power to make our WORLD better, and to lose him at this most critical juncture in the Restoration of Constitutional Rule of Law in America would be THE most debilitating setback one could ever imagine!

Granted, the Earth turns for no one man. Each of us are gifted with abilities that can either create or destroy, and are moved by our individual consciences to do as we will. Michael, from all appearances, has nothing but goodness in his heart, and I am forever the better man for standing with him in what WE BELIEVE - TOGETHER.

My most fervent prayers are for his swift and complete recovery.

Sincerely,

Ed Vallejo
AZ Congressman and State Coordinator,
Continental Congress 2009

Matt Collins
12-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Oh by the way, Ron Paul wrote the forward to his book "Good to be King" (http://constitutionpreservation.org/book.htm)

ramallamamama
12-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Sending Creative Energy his way.

The CIA is a terrible drug.

johnrocks
12-22-2009, 01:54 PM
This is sad, my prayers for him and his loved ones.

It seems we have lost several good ones these past couple of years, I so hope he recovers fully.

speciallyblend
12-22-2009, 02:06 PM
my best wishes. they should study the effect of being a registered republican or dealing with the gop as a side effect for heart disease... I am sure his steady fight against the system and gop/lp leaders had somewhat of an effect. if possible side effects are found. we should use the study to outlaw the gop like marijuana. a lil sarcasm to try to deal with the sad news... best wishes

Matt Collins
12-22-2009, 03:17 PM
If anyone wants to send e-mail to his inbox:
scholar@constitutionpreservation.org

jmdrake
12-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Just saw this on Infowars.

http://www.infowars.com/libertarian-party-candidate-michael-badnarik-suffers-heart-atttack/

I pray he recovers. It's a good thing his friends knew CPR.

AdamT
12-22-2009, 04:07 PM
Any updates on Michael?

ClayTrainor
12-22-2009, 04:08 PM
:(

I hope he recovers.

0zzy
12-22-2009, 04:47 PM
Don't know the guy, never followed him, but my goodness if I hear that the NWO did this via CIA im going to explode.

tonesforjonesbones
12-22-2009, 05:05 PM
Oh I love Michael Badnarik and am praying hard for him ! I have had several telephone converstations with him...he's so approachable. This would be a huge loss. TONES

LittleLightShining
12-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Oh I love Michael Badnarik and am praying hard for him ! I have had several telephone converstations with him...he's so approachable. This would be a huge loss. TONES

Me, too. He's a real good guy.

sunny
12-22-2009, 05:23 PM
hi!
it's been ages since i've been here.

i saw the post on lew rockwell about michael b. this truly saddens me.

i have met michael and spent time with him. he was the keynote speaker for the Liberty Forum -
an event by the Free State Project. He was so good to listen to. some of us got to spend quite a bit of
time with him as it was a weekend event.

michael b walks the walk and talks the talk - TIRELESSLY! He is so dedicated and passionate
about educating people about the Constitution and Liberty.
he is indeed a true patriot of the finest kind.

please say some prayers for him and his family.

sunny

Matt Collins
12-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Don't know the guy, never followed him, but my goodness if I hear that the NWO did this via CIA im going to explode.
Let's be rational, ok? :rolleyes:

Nate
12-22-2009, 06:00 PM
This is horrible. I was just talking to him last week at the Chicago Libertarian Party's Christmas Party. He held one of his Constitution classes right before the party. This would be a huge loss & I'm not talking about politically, he is a great guy and I will keep him in my prayers.

Scofield
12-22-2009, 06:05 PM
Wow, that is horrible news.

I wish him a full and speedy recovery. He is a genuinely nice guy, with his political beliefs just being a special bonus.

Chester Copperpot
12-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Definitely saying some big prayers for Michael tonight.

pacelli
12-22-2009, 06:11 PM
The lew rockwell blog has an update that says that Michael is conscious now.

Mini-Me
12-22-2009, 06:17 PM

We have to create a new variant of Godwin's Law for that kind of thing. Read the thread carefully and you'll see it's already been "Godwin'ed" in that sense, btw. ;)

This is very sad though. I really hope he makes it through...

elielevin
12-22-2009, 07:24 PM
I, too, said: "Oh, G-d, not now!" When I heard the news about Michael Badnarik's heart attack. He is a gentleman, a scholar, a wonderful teacher, and it was "obvious" to me that he should be elected the President of Continental Congress 2009. May the Source of Blessing who healed our ancestors also bless Michael with a complete recovery, and return him to his family, his friends and this movement speedily and without further incident.

Elisheva Levin
Congresswoman and Bernalillo County Coordinator,
We the People Continental Congress 2009

Scofield
12-22-2009, 07:34 PM
He is a gentleman, a scholar

"You are a gentleman and a scholar. Go into my stable and take my finest stallion. He's yours, his name is Windjammer."

First person to get the reference wins nothing, but has my respect.:D

Signzit
12-22-2009, 09:03 PM
We're all pulling for you Michael.

Mach
12-22-2009, 10:28 PM
A great guy.

3min. 20sec. :D
YouTube - Michael Badnarik's Constitution Class 12/42 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h45n2tJlwk)

YouTube - Michael Badnarik - Bill of Rights Lesson Part 2 of 6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xICk1dvzYno)

Anti Federalist
12-22-2009, 11:52 PM
"You are a gentleman and a scholar. Go into my stable and take my finest stallion. He's yours, his name is Windjammer."

First person to get the reference wins nothing, but has my respect.:D

How I met your Mother.

Best for a speedy recovery Mike.

reduen
12-23-2009, 09:12 AM
May God bless him and his for sure...

I was wanting to get him to speak to my childrens school on the constitution soon. Who would you alll recommend in his place?

Aratus
12-23-2009, 09:13 AM
modern medicine is modern medicine. i am rooting for him! he has good odds to return to full health!

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-23-2009, 09:18 AM

I was wanting to get him to speak to my childrens school on the constitution soon. Who would you alll recommend in his place?

Lew Rockwell? :D

On a serious note....probably the Judge.

erowe1
12-23-2009, 09:23 AM

Maybe Richard J. Maybury?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_J._Maybury

IPSecure
12-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Meetup Prayer Request

From Michael's girlfriend, the only person with him at the hospital:

"Saw doctor about 5. She sad that Michael is doing much better. Still serious but better. May take breathing tube out tomorrow. I asked him if he was cold, shook his head no. I asked him to squeeze my hand and he did."
GiveMeLiberty.org

I have received several requests for an update on Michael's health. I am cutting & pasting the information below from Mr. Dan Gonzales (FLA), V.P. of CC2009........

Michael is still heavily sedated.

The doctors want him to just rest for awhile until they feel his heart has recovered to the point they can take the next step. He still has a temporary pace maker to keep his heart stable and he is now in serious condition and not critical.

Michael was asked some questions yesterday and he responded by squeezing his hand firmly. Overall, the doctors said there is improvement with Michael and he just needs to remain completely immobile to allow his heart to stabilize. They cannot do any further testing yet and will not know how much damage his heart sustained during the heart attack.

I think it would be very appropriate for us all to send Michael a card at the hospital to let him know how much we are thinking of him at this time. I am sure it would also uplift the spirits of his family during this Christmas holiday.

Information to send those cards:

Michael Badnarik
CCU room 6205
Gunderson Lutheran
1910 South Avenue
Lacrosse, WI 54601

TNforPaul45
12-24-2009, 06:08 PM
I really hope he makes a full recovery. He is truly a shining star among our contemporary counselors of liberty.

Elm
12-24-2009, 06:15 PM
Had sushi with the guy, good man. My prayers and thoughts are with him and his family.

BuddyRey
12-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Does anyone know how he's doing?

hotbrownsauce
12-27-2009, 12:28 AM
I got chills, this news is disturbing.
Mr. Badnarik, family, and friends I am hoping for the best.

Best wishes.

Your friend in liberty,
HBS

BuddyRey
12-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Does anyone know how he's doing?

Anybody?!?!

GunnyFreedom
12-27-2009, 05:50 PM
Anybody?!?!

Yeah, we really, really want an update. :(

lynnf
12-27-2009, 06:16 PM
just got this on an email list:

As of Friday morning, Michael Badnarik was awake and spunky. He asked what happened to him and how long had he been out? He was told it was Christmas and he asked what year. He is very weak of course but he is improving very rapidly! They removed the temporary pacemaker and the doctors are very pleased with Michael's progress. He is still heavily sedated to keep him calm and immobile. So, he is not awake due to the medication but is getting better every day.

Please don't call the hospital - he needs to rest. You are welcome to send cards and e-mails to the hospital. Thank you for all of your prayers, they are greatly appreciated.

You may send an e-card at this site:

http://www.gundluth.org/?id=3238&sid=1

Or snail mail to:

Michael Badnarik

Gunderson Lutheran

1910 South Avenue

Lacrosse , WI 54601

tremendoustie
12-27-2009, 06:18 PM
just got this on an email list:

As of friday morning, michael badnarik was awake and spunky. He asked what happened to him and how long had he been out? He was told it was christmas and he asked what year. He is very weak of course but he is improving very rapidly! They removed the temporary pacemaker and the doctors are very pleased with michael's progress. He is still heavily sedated to keep him calm and immobile. So, he is not awake due to the medication but is getting better every day.

Please don't call the hospital - he needs to rest. You are welcome to send cards and e-mails to the hospital. Thank you for all of your prayers, they are greatly appreciated.

You may send an e-card at this site:

http://www.gundluth.org/?id=3238&sid=1 (http://www.gundluth.org/?id=3238&sid=1)

or snail mail to:

Michael badnarik

gunderson lutheran

1910 south avenue

lacrosse , wi 54601

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BuddyRey
12-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Yeah, we really, really want an update. :(

I know, right? We haven't even heard any updates on the condition of Sherry Jackson, who has been on the brink of death in a Georgia prison for two weeks because she's being denied medical treatment.

If we freedom-lovers are ever going to be effective, we're going to have to build not just a political (or counter-political) presence, but a community presence with active advocacy campaigns aimed at aiding sick, imprisoned, or wrongly convicted activists.

haaaylee
12-27-2009, 06:32 PM
He didn't know what year it was? I sure hope he didn't have too much memory loss .... especially about the constitution.

Glad he's awake and doing well!

lynnf
12-27-2009, 06:39 PM
He didn't know what year it was? I sure hope he didn't have too much memory loss .... especially about the constitution.

Glad he's awake and doing well!

I tink he was making a wee bit of a joke, knowing Michael!

lynn

Danke
12-27-2009, 07:11 PM
I know, right? We haven't even heard any updates on the condition of Sherry Jackson, who has been on the brink of death in a Georgia prison for two weeks because she's being denied medical treatment.

If we freedom-lovers are ever going to be effective, we're going to have to build not just a political (or counter-political) presence, but a community presence with active advocacy campaigns aimed at aiding sick, imprisoned, or wrongly convicted activists.

Good point and good idea.

BlackTerrel
12-27-2009, 07:55 PM
Prayers coming... keep us updated.

jbrace
12-27-2009, 08:03 PM
Everyone should watch his Constitution class. It's brilliant:

Constitution Class By:Michael Badnarik Part 1 of 7 (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5085838350268647159&ei=LhYxS5GEKKCOqwKd_pCcAQ&q=michael+badnarik)

What a great video and very thought provoking.

Matt Collins
12-27-2009, 08:17 PM
What a great video and very thought provoking.
Watch the other 6 and your head will explode, I promise! :D

tonesforjonesbones
12-27-2009, 09:47 PM
I got an address to send him a card on my facebook...said he had a pacemaker put in ..and is sedated. I wish we could get more information. tones

Danke
12-28-2009, 06:02 PM
UPDATE:
Michael Badnarik's Health

I just got off the phone with Michael Badnarik's Mother, Elaine. She informed me that his condition seems to have "backslid". They were were hoping that he would have been released on Wednesday to his Mother's care in Indiana but his condition is still critical.

Michael came out of his unconscious state, unbound his wrists some how, and removed the breathing tube from his throat. His mother remarked that when Michael came to he asked to be released. He doesn't understand how serious his situation is.

The hospital had to sedate him again to put the breathing tube back in because he is having trouble breathing.

They cannot find the reason for his breathing problem... so he is currently sedated to ease the pressure on his lungs and heart.

His heart is still in atrial fibrillation and had to be hit with the AED defibrillator to reset its rhythm.

He will be sedated until his condition can be stabilized...

He is still at Gunderson Lutheran Hospital CCU in Lacrosse, WI. Please do not call or visit the hospital, only family is allowed.

Please keep him and his family in your prayers.

In Freedom,

Gary Franchi
National Director
Restore the Republic

Matt Collins
12-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Michael came out of his unconscious state, unbound his wrists some how, and removed the breathing tube from his throat. His mother remarked that when Michael came to he asked to be released.
Michael doesn't want to be restrained... I can't imagine his personality lending himself to those kind of tendencies! ;):p:D

But in all seriousness this is not good. I wish there were something we could do for him. Does he need anything? Money? Operational support?

tonesforjonesbones
12-28-2009, 06:51 PM
OHHH this is sad..sad. I pray for his recovery. tones

paulpwns
12-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Love Mike. He really opened my eyes. I even had the pleasure of having a nice conversation with him on the phone one time. I'll always remember that day. I hope he pulls through.

Matt Collins
12-30-2009, 07:39 PM
I just now received this in an e-mail from someone named "Chris"

Comment by: Psychictaxi
Entered on: 2009-12-30 17:34:24
This just in from Texas:
TX - Barbara Harless commented on a message:

I just received this email from Lynne (Michael's significant
other).................

Hi All,
Michael is doing better. The doctors did the cardiovert today
and his heart has good rhythm. The breathing tube was removed,
but had to be reinserted. He told me that he felt like he was
smothering. He was getting plenty of oxygen but his vocal cords
and throat are swollen and it is very difficult for him to
breath. He became very agitated so, to make him more
comfortable,
he was sedated and the tube inserted. His heart is in relatively
good condition, considering the severity of his heart attack. It
will be a few more days before they try to remove the tube
again.

His best friend, Alan Teeple, got here yesterday. His parents
and brother are coming tomorrow and staying a couple of days.
His brother has to go to work, so they will go back to Hammond
and then return to, hopefully, take him home. I have to go home
by the 4th, but Alan will stay.

He is receiving the cards and e-mails but, as before, please
don't call the hospital, as they will not give out any
information. I'm doing my best to try to keep everyone informed.
Your cards and e-mails, thoughts and prayers are greatly
appreciated. Thank you.
Lynne

In Liberty,
Chris

http://www.restoretherepublic.net/ (http://www.restoretherepublic.net/ChrisInMaryville/)
http://www.cc2009.us/ (http://www.cc2009.us/)
http://givemeliberty.org/ (http://givemeliberty.org/)

Mini-Me
01-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Bump!

I just noticed this thread again, ran a quick search, and found this on Wikipedia:

Sunday afternoon, January 10, 2010, Badnarik posted a message to his friends and supporters stating that he was improving rapidly and would soon be released from the hospital.[citation needed]

I'm sure there's more info to be found with a search longer than two seconds, but based on that, it's looking good. :)

Mach
01-21-2010, 02:22 AM
The last sentence is the most current... 1/5/10.

Michael Badnarik reportedly making progress towards recovery after heart attack

January 6th, 2010 · 15 Comments

Posted by Allan Wikman in the comments here:

Michael was cardioverted again today (with the electric paddles) to try to get his heart to beat more regularly. This evening they did the tracheostomy and looked down his throat. He had ripped the breathing tube out of his throat and they were afraid he damaged his vocal chords. Things looked pretty good and the doctors said the surgery went very well. They will give him antibiotics to be sure there isn’t an infection after having the tube in his throat for 14 days. They have kept him very sedated all this time because he couldn’t breathe without the breathing tube but it was very uncomfortable for him. He needed to rest so his heart could strengthen.

When we first got to the hospital and I whispered to him that Dad, Chuck and I were there, he immediately tried to open his eyes, sit up and was thrashing around. He became so agitated that they asked me to leave the room after I was there 10 min. He was only able to open his eyes about 1/8? and I could see how cloudy his eyes looked. He responded very strongly every time he heard my voice.

We are hoping the trach is only temporary and after hearing from our cousin Denise telling us her experience with a trach I think we were relieved. They will slowly wean him off the heavy drugs and he will be able to communicate. He has a laptop he can use. We don’t know how long he will be in the hospital or when he will be released.

Lynne has been there the entire time and his friend Alan is determined to stay until Michael is released and will drive Michael to our house to recuperate. There aren’t enough words to thank them for all they are doing. This is very exhausting and living in a hotel adds even more stress.

We are amazed at the number of people who are praying for Michael’s recovery. I didn’t know that many people in America still pray.

Thank you for all your prayers, kind words and best wishes for Michael. It made a very unpleasant experience bearable.

Thanks!

Elaine

Today 1/5/10 Michael is alert, sitting in a chair and knows what has happened to him the last two weeks!

http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2010/01/michael-badnarik-reportedly-making-progress-towards-recovery-after-heart-attack/

tonesforjonesbones
01-21-2010, 05:39 AM
I have read he was released from the hospital and is recovering at his parents home. ??? TONES

disorderlyvision
01-21-2010, 10:28 AM
Holy shit!!! I hope he is doing better. That would be a major loss to the movement. I have a lot of respect for Badnarik

haaaylee
01-21-2010, 01:48 PM
VIA FACEBOOK:

Michael Badnarik: Yesterday's echo-cardiogram indicates that my heart is working "at nearly full capacity". It's only a matter of time before I'm criss-crossing the country again as my old, stubborn, self.

AZ Libertarian
01-28-2010, 03:55 PM
I have spoken to Michael many times in the past two weeks and I can tell you all now that he is doing MUCH better, but is still thin and a little weak. He improves every day.

He has Officially called the Continental Congress back to order this coming Sunday evening so we can vote on accepting an 'Authorized' version of THE ARTICLES OF FREEDOM. The version floating around right now is in the 'proofing' process that some of the delegates didn't want to accept as is, and we have to hash it out.

Look for announcements Monday (I hope) as to what is finalized.

Here are recent videos of Michael signing The Articles of Freedom for Activist Sean Kraft as he ends a TWO-MONTH Hunger Strike against Socialism and in support for the Articles:

Michael Badnarik Signs The Articles of Freedom For Sean Kraft
YouTube - Michael Badnarik Signs The Articles of Freedom For Sean Kraft (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbNvBDop-Gs)

Michael Badnarik Signs The One Nation Under God Painting
YouTube - Michael Badnarik Signs The One Nation Under God Painting (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmA4J47OIDE)

Michael Badnarik Talks About His Heart Attack, "Near Death" Experience and His Miraculous Recovery
YouTube - Michael Badnarik Talks About His Heart Attack, "Near Death" Experience and His Miraculous Recovery (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpXHm8ziEeY)

Breaking Bread With Michael Badnarik On The Day That Sean Kraft Ends His 66 Day Fast
YouTube - Breaking Bread With Michael Badnarik On The Day That Sean Kraft Ends His 66 Day Fast (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AKkYpIfJY0)

Ed