PDA

View Full Version : How to silence most Global Warming Do-Gooders

Krugerrand
12-21-2009, 02:41 PM
People are pretty tolerant of most government annoyances ... until the government comes between them and their pets. When the carbon tax comes up in conversation, be sure to request details on how to tax Fido - or even if Fido should be banned.

Polluting pets: the devastating impact of man's best friend

Man's best friend could be one of the environment's worst enemies, according to a new study which says the carbon pawprint of a pet dog is more than double that of a gas-guzzling sports utility vehicle.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20091220/lf_afp/lifestyleclimatewarminganimalsfood

Of course, my favorite line is in the closing:

But the best way of compensating for that paw or clawprint is to make sure your animal is dual purpose, the Vales urge. Get a hen, which offsets its impact by laying edible eggs, or a rabbit, prepared to make the ultimate environmental sacrifice by ending up on the dinner table.

"Rabbits are good, provided you eat them," said Robert Vale.

phill4paul
12-21-2009, 02:46 PM
Guess we'll just have to tell PETA supporters we'll need to have a BBQ down at the Humane Society.:eek:

NYgs23
12-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Get...a rabbit, prepared to make the ultimate environmental sacrifice by ending up on the dinner table.

So buy the kids a pet in order to eat it a few years later. Sure...that won't scar them for life. "Okay, everyone, time to say goodbye to Mr. Bun! We're gonna turn him into Mr. Yum!"

RevolutionSD
12-21-2009, 05:21 PM
Guess we'll just have to tell PETA supporters we'll need to have a BBQ down at the Humane Society.:eek:

Actually, PETA is against pets altogether and would likely be for said BBQ!

talkingpointes
12-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Actually, PETA is against pets altogether and would likely be for said BBQ!

It all depends on how the pet is dispatched.

LibForestPaul
12-21-2009, 06:31 PM
So buy the kids a pet in order to eat it a few years later. Sure...that won't scar them for life. "Okay, everyone, time to say goodbye to Mr. Bun! We're gonna turn him into Mr. Yum!"

Loose the skirt. Thank God I had relatives who had farms. 12 yrs old, picking my dinner (the big fat brown one) and gathering my breakfast, yum!

torchbearer
12-21-2009, 06:32 PM

for someone who thinks beef comes from a grocery store and not a butchered animal, that may seem cruel.
on the farm, we often ate animals we raised and cared for-
rabbits- chickens- doves- ducks- cows- venison- etc.

it would be harder to eat your dog- but the problem is an aquired taste. some asians may eat their dogs too.

NYgs23
12-22-2009, 02:40 AM
Loose the skirt. Thank God I had relatives who had farms. 12 yrs old, picking my dinner (the big fat brown one) and gathering my breakfast, yum!

There's a difference between the animals we keep as pets and those we keep as livestock. Did you formulate the same kind of emotional bond with "the big fat brown one" as you did with Buster and Mittens?

NYgs23
12-22-2009, 02:40 AM
for someone who thinks beef comes from a grocery store and not a butchered animal, that may seem cruel.
on the farm, we often ate animals we raised and cared for-
rabbits- chickens- doves- ducks- cows- venison- etc.

it would be harder to eat your dog- but the problem is an aquired taste. some asians may eat their dogs too.

See above.