PDA

View Full Version : Scarborough: Rahm Fired as White House Chief of Staff 'Over the Next Year'

bobbyw24
12-21-2009, 08:10 AM
By Jeff Poor (Bio | Archive)
December 21, 2009 - 08:26 ET

What politicians say to get elected can come back to haunt them and vilifying the lobbyist profession to score campaign points is going to do that to President Barack Obama, according to MSNBC "Morning Joe" co-anchor Joe Scarborough.

Scarborough appeared on BBC Radio 4's Dec. 20 broadcast of "Americana" with host Matt Frei and explained how Obama's 2007 pledge to not hire lobbyists isn't necessarily a good policy.

"Listen, the Obama administration is in trouble right now," Scarborough said. "We got a lot of friends in the Obama administration right now and they're in trouble because Barack Obama made promises during the 2008 campaign that he would not allow lobbyists to work in his White House. Well sometimes you want lobbyists working in your White House. You want lobbyists working in Congress. You want lobbyists working for the city of Houston, Texas, because you don't get that job as lobbyist because you got a good smile. You get the job as lobbyist because you understand an issue better than everybody else."

Scarborough referred specifically to Obama's chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, who he claimed was the president's second choice and he couldn't have his first choice, former South Dakota senator and Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle, because of that pledge. Scarborough explained it has turned out badly for the administration and Emanuel will be fired, or asked to leave over the next year (emphasis added).

"And so Barack Obama, who wanted to pick Tom Daschle as his chief of staff, but couldn't do that because the former majority leader for the U.S. Senate was a lobbyist, had to pass him up and go to Rahm Emanuel," Scarborough said. "And I think history will show, after Rahm Emanuel is fired over the next year, or asked politely to leave - that that was disastrous."

Story Continues Below ↓

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jeff-poor/2009/12/21/scarborough-rahm-fired-white-house-chief-staff-over-next-year

HOLLYWOOD
12-21-2009, 08:51 AM
A joke Scarborough has become... Rahm Emanuel will go down as the best kept secret of lobbyists' "air traffic controller: within the White House, running the whole show.

All you have to look at is who profited in the past year and connect the history to Rahm Enamuel and Obama's Elitist financial backers. Joe Scarborough is a TV hack, he doesn't have the time or care to investigate the details and covert operations. that's because he's preparing for tomorrow's show of more shallow journalism reporting.

cheapseats
12-21-2009, 09:24 AM
I hope not TOO soon. I'm circlin' my wagons to back that little ballet dancer into a corner, demanding explanation for how it is that a particular foreign-born, dual-citizenshipped, uber UBER rich AIPAC member makes a mockery of paying U.S. taxes WHILE enjoying extraordinary legislative perks.

If Rahm Ballet Dancer Turned Financier Turned Political Heavyweight Emmanuel IS, poof, gone -- in the manner of spending more time with his family -- I will back Obama into the same corner.

Or whoever replaces Obama.

S.O.S. = SICK OF THIS SHT.

sluggo
12-21-2009, 09:47 AM
Rahm ain't going anywhere until Israel approves it.

cheapseats
12-21-2009, 10:31 AM
Rahm ain't going anywhere until Israel approves it.

Put it not past Israel to throw one of their own under the bus.

Money is thicker than Blood.

HOLLYWOOD
12-21-2009, 10:43 AM
They all take turns stripping the system of every last nickle... and before the pitchforks and torches come out... they disappear in the middle of the night like cockroaches and "The System" protects all as charges of fraud/theft/treason et al and allegations disappear into the Abyss locked Vault of government corruptions.