PDA

View Full Version : Conservative Leaders Dismiss Accusations of FCC Diversity Chief as ‘Worthless’

bobbyw24
12-20-2009, 04:07 PM
(CNSNews.com) – Leading conservatives rebuked the Federal Communications Commission’s Chief Diversity Officer Mark Lloyd - who claims to have been the victim of a “right-wing smear campaign” - saying the accusations made by him were “worthless” and “dishonest.”

“Mr. Lloyd’s comments are extremely disturbing and very revealing,” conservative author and political strategist Craig Shirley told CNSNews.com. “He doesn’t realize his opinions are utterly worthless and that, as a public servant, his job is to shut up and do as he is told by the American people.”

At a forum on Monday sponsored by the Media Access Project (MAP), Lloyd, who is also an associate counsel at the FCC, said that the “right-wing smear campaign” against him involved outlets ranging from blogs to church groups, and that he was not carrying out “a secret plot funded by George Soros to get rid of Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, or any other conservative talk show host.”

Lloyd also dismissed claims that he is a “supporter of Hugo Chavez” and said that “any careful reader of my writing will know that my focus, my long-standing interest, is not Limbaugh, Beck or Dobbs, it is not the right-wing haters.”

Shirley said that Lloyd has his role as a public servant backwards and should instead be listening to conservative citizens and their representatives, rather than attacking them.

“It is not the role of the American people as represented by Limbaugh, [Sean] Hannity, [Mark] Levin, [Laura] Ingraham, Gallagher, [Bill] Bennett and others to cower before their government,” said Shirley.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/58744