PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Giuliani: "Freedom is about authority."

starless
10-04-2007, 03:45 AM
Holy shit.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A01E2D9173CF933A15750C0A9629582 60

My personal favorite line:

"What we don't see is that freedom is not a concept in which people can do anything they want, be anything they can be. Freedom is about authority. Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do."

:eek:

foofighter20x
10-04-2007, 03:50 AM
I've heard of an RP supporter who turned that quote into a protest picket.

Side 1:
Freedom is about authority.

Side 2:
Orwell would be proud.

Keith
10-04-2007, 04:33 AM
I think the exact phrase that Rudy is searching for is, "Freedom is slavery!" He just keeps messing up his lines.

Also, "We have always been at war with EastAsia."

catwoman
10-04-2007, 06:45 AM
Holy shit.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A01E2D9173CF933A15750C0A9629582 60

My personal favorite line:

"What we don't see is that freedom is not a concept in which people can do anything they want, be anything they can be. Freedom is about authority. Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do."

:eek:

WTF, did he really say that? If so, that is just outright scary. That's about as bad, if not worse than the people on the Hannity forum saying we need to "force freedom on other countries".

OptionsTrader
10-04-2007, 06:49 AM
WTF, did he really say that? If so, that is just outright scary. That's about as bad, if not worse than the people on the Hannity forum saying we need to "force freedom on other countries".

Oh yes. He certainly did say it.

Published: March 20, 1994

Scary stuff.

KingTheoden
10-04-2007, 07:32 AM

Their truly is ZERO difference between the Ghoul and Hillary. Both are hardcore statists who salivate at the prospect of ruling over people. He was a tyrant as a prosecutor, a tyrant as Mayor of New York, and if we are to follow his campaign promises, he would become a complete dictator.

That's why we need to support Ron Paul at all costs!

Severius
10-04-2007, 08:53 AM
I thought everyone would have read this quote by now. Apparently we need to spread it around. I read that article months ago.