PDA

View Full Version : Sean Hannity continues demonization of Ron Paul, calling his supporters crazy

bobbyw24
12-20-2009, 08:18 AM
Faux conservative Sean Hannity created a lot of controversy when he recently called Congressman Ron Paul nuts. He expanded on this last week, Monday, Dec.14th, by referring to Ron Paul's supporters as crazy.

During the Hannity radio show segment which aired at approximately 2:50PM (third hour) on KABC 790 radio Los Angeles, I clicked on the channel and heard Hannity caustically referring to "A Ron Paul presidency" saying something to the effect of "this is what you would get", comparing Paul's foreign policy ideals to the democrats. He went on to say that he likes some of Ron Paul's ideas but that a lot of Paul's supporters are crazy. I bring up this latest smear to point out that the establishment neocon pundits such as Hannity, Beck and O'Reilly do not really like constitutional or liberty-minded statesmen, but rather constantly strive to undermine them and their supporters.

Hannity audio archives are available but only at a subscription cost, which I am not willing to pay for since it's not worth the 6 bucks a month.

http://www.examiner.com/x-27692-LA-County-Libertarian-Examiner~y2009m12d20-Sean-Hannity-continues-demonization-of-Ron-Paul-calling-his-supporters-crazy-121409-show

Bruno
12-20-2009, 08:24 AM
Hannity at his old marginalization tactics again.

Dunedain
12-20-2009, 08:25 AM
I'll never forget how angry he got when saw Ron Paul winning a Fox Live text voting poll.

He hates Ron Paul. He just pretends to "like some of his ideas" so he doesn't look too slighted. Attacking liberty supporters is an underhanded way to keep people from supporting Congressman Paul. You don't what to be thought of as crazy do you?

Romulus
12-20-2009, 08:26 AM
http://www.libertystickers.com/static/images/productimage-picture-sean-hannity-is-a-big-******-sh-746.gif

getch36
12-20-2009, 09:00 AM
Hannity sucks.........

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-20-2009, 09:05 AM
It's high-time we learned to ignore the State media. Bypass their bullshit. We can run our own grassroots media blitz in every city in this Union.

As I posited earlier:

Do what the Founders did. Use all media outlets. Buy billboards promoting liberty, sound currency, non-interventionism, libertarian ideals, etc. Refrain from attacking a politician and focus on issues and principles. Produce pamphlets, fliers, and other works of literature to plaster in every city in the country. Create lit. that you can go from business to business to handing out so they can put it out in an accessible manner. Ask local business owners if they wouldn't mind putting up posters, and signs to promote liberty.

As for the online part. We do pretty well in that area, but we could do a lot better. Look at NH for inspiration. Produce more online webcasts, podcasts, radio programs, blogs, mass twitter, facebook, myspace, etc.

How do you think Common Sense got around to 1/5th the population in 6 months? If even half of us did this we could promote our message to everyone within a year. Inundate every area with our ideals and principles. The only reason people believed Ron Paul was on the fringe was because we were quiet. We were reserved. Our message wasn't out in the public forum. Look for donors, local businesses that would help, etc.

I also have to repeat DO NOT ATTACK ANY POLITICIAN. Our message should be solely principle driven.

I have a few ideas that I'm coming up with and working on for local organizations in my area, that I'll be happy to share when I'm done. One is similar to Common Sense I'm loosely titling for the moment - The Liberty Papers. I'm also trying to hook up with anyone who is quite good at Photoshop to produce some Hi-Qual Liberty posters/signs to mass produce.

If you have any free time whatsoever, if you really want liberty in our lifetime, then be an activist in your spare time. Get together with like-minded people and always be in town with the message. Signs, pamphlets, etc. Whether it be FIJA, Monetary, Foreign Policy, etc. Get out to your busiest street day after day after day. Wear the message 24/7. If you go out wear our message on your shirt. On your car via bumper stickers, etc.

The more we get the message out there, the more we will influence others. This is in conjunction with running for local and state office. Even if you know you won't win. Articulate the message and get it out there. Use political races for education!

Inundate, inundate, inundate. Who needs the tea-parties when you are out there every day. Fuck the co-opters.

FUCK THE STATE RUN MEDIA. Why do we even try to get their approval? Go around them. Go straight to the people!

Captain Shays
12-20-2009, 09:20 AM
My tactic when dealing with neocon Republicans is to point out that it was progressive,liberal, globalist Democrats who were the party in power during the start of the Spanish-American War, WWI, WWI, Korea, Vietnam, Bosnia, Albania, Kosovo, while Clinton had 30,000 covert troops in Columbia for 6 years and kept us in Iraq for 8. I also point this out to stupid Democrats who keep up with the stupid "Bush lied and people died" and "Republicans are the war party".

It usually stops them both in their tracks.

That it was usually Republicans who were elected to get us out of the Democrat wars. I also point out that it was a Democrat president who was the first in world history to throw two thermal nuclear bombs at a civilian population.

That when Republicans under the guise of being "strong on defense" favor policing the world, sticking our noses in other country's business, entering wars for the UN (Iraq) and without a declaration of war (Article I section 8 clause 11), what they are doing, is whole-heartedly embracing the philosophy and practices of the globalist, one world progressive/liberal/Democrats and ignoring the Constitution and the advise of the founding fathers who wanted us to be like Switzerland and not so Great Briton.

Dunedain
12-20-2009, 09:29 AM
My tactic when dealing with neocon Republicans is to point out that it was progressive,liberal, globalist Democrats who were the party in power during the start of the Spanish-American War, WWI, WWI, Korea, Vietnam, Bosnia, Albania, Kosovo, while Clinton had 30,000 covert troops in Columbia for 6 years and kept us in Iraq for 8. I also point this out to stupid Democrats who keep up with the stupid "Bush lied and people died" and "Republicans are the war party".

It usually stops them both in their tracks.

That it was usually Republicans who were elected to get us out of the Democrat wars. I also point out that it was a Democrat president who was the first in world history to throw two thermal nuclear bombs at a civilian population.

That when Republicans under the guise of being "strong on defense" favor policing the world, sticking our noses in other country's business, entering wars for the UN (Iraq) and without a declaration of war (Article I section 8 clause 11), what they are doing, is whole-heartedly embracing the philosophy and practices of the globalist, one world progressive/liberal/Democrats and ignoring the Constitution and the advise of the founding fathers who wanted us to be like Switzerland and not so Great Briton.

I've noticed that Republicans only go to war for Israel, like taking out the Iraq and Iranian leaderships. Democrats go to war against everyone else.

Captain Shays
12-20-2009, 09:31 AM
LOL Silly but funny.

HOLLYWOOD
12-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Hannity should of been Pelted with snowballs and worst... he deserves it!

We shall never forget his lies and Neocon Crap.

Check this out:

YouTube - Ron Paul supporters chase Hannity (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5rJI5e0jBU)

PBrady
12-20-2009, 09:46 AM
http://www.libertystickers.com/static/images/productimage-picture-sean-hannity-is-a-big-******-sh-746.gif

Oh my god, that is great.

catdd
12-20-2009, 09:49 AM
He's a left-wing extremist posing as a conservative.

Kbeaubs
12-20-2009, 09:49 AM
This is the same group that takes the likes of Jesse Ventura seriously. It's also the group that ignores when someone in opposition has a similar viewpoint on a topic - just so they can continue to call those individuals Neocons (unless of course it's RP himself). Hannity is right on this issue. RP supporters are, in general, crazy.

Flash
12-20-2009, 09:51 AM
This is the same group that takes the likes of Jesse Ventura seriously. Hannity is right on this issue. RP supporters are, in general, crazy.

I'm pretty sure most Ron Paul Republicans dislike Jesse Ventura.

Captain Shays
12-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Though I am not a huge fan of either, I would say that Jesse cares more about the Constitution and the intent of the founding fathers more than Hannity.

Kbeaubs
12-20-2009, 10:04 AM
Though I am not a huge fan of either, I would say that Jesse cares more about the Constitution and the intent of the founding fathers more than Hannity.

That is absolutely ridiculous. Jesse cares about Jesse, and only Jesse. He has never walked a walked suggesting anything differently. Arguably when mayor and governor, he could not have been more opposed to the constitution on his walk. he makes Hannity look like RP's twin.

RM918
12-20-2009, 10:16 AM
This is the same group that takes the likes of Jesse Ventura seriously. It's also the group that ignores when someone in opposition has a similar viewpoint on a topic - just so they can continue to call those individuals Neocons (unless of course it's RP himself). Hannity is right on this issue. RP supporters are, in general, crazy.

'In general'? Do you have some sort of study hand to cite that? Or, could it simply be, the only RP supporters you hear about are the ones acting like dicks because the MSM or the detractors certainly don't care about RP supporters that are 'normal'.

Whenever someone says, 'Oh, the movement's full of truthers.' it's probably because people only pay attention to truthers, or use a singular instance to declare it. Being a truther is about, among other things, having a sizable distrust of the government. Their distrust comes from an entirely different place of, say, white supremacists, but Paul remains the largest and most popular anti-government figure, so you're going to get some following and praise from people who are...anti-government. They may be anti-government for far different reasons, but I don't see a reason to be shocked at their number or their presence. Doesn't mean RP is 'catering' to them.

Kbeaubs
12-20-2009, 10:22 AM
'In general'? Do you have some sort of study hand to cite that? Or, could it simply be, the only RP supporters you hear about are the ones acting like dicks because the MSM or the detractors certainly don't care about RP supporters that are 'normal'.
Your comment is fair and correct. I retract the "in general' comment. I will change it to "the most visible RP supporters are, in general, crazy".

catdd
12-20-2009, 10:25 AM
I think the Hannity supporters are all crazy.

AmEdge
12-20-2009, 10:31 AM
Faux conservative Sean Hannity created a lot of controversy when he recently called Congressman Ron Paul nuts. He expanded on this last week, Monday, Dec.14th, by referring to Ron Paul's supporters as crazy.

During the Hannity radio show segment which aired at approximately 2:50PM (third hour) on KABC 790 radio Los Angeles, I clicked on the channel and heard Hannity caustically referring to "A Ron Paul presidency" saying something to the effect of "this is what you would get", comparing Paul's foreign policy ideals to the democrats. He went on to say that he likes some of Ron Paul's ideas but that a lot of Paul's supporters are crazy. I bring up this latest smear to point out that the establishment neocon pundits such as Hannity, Beck and O'Reilly do not really like constitutional or liberty-minded statesmen, but rather constantly strive to undermine them and their supporters.

Hannity audio archives are available but only at a subscription cost, which I am not willing to pay for since it's not worth the 6 bucks a month.

http://www.examiner.com/x-27692-LA-County-Libertarian-Examiner~y2009m12d20-Sean-Hannity-continues-demonization-of-Ron-Paul-calling-his-supporters-crazy-121409-show

I'm not sure I understand the lumping of Beck into the Neo category. At least not these days. Or is it your opinion that his new-found Libertartian outlook is merely a ruse for ratings?

cpike
12-20-2009, 10:36 AM
I wouldn't say all Hannity supporters are crazy, they just aren't doing their homework yet, and believe whatever the only conservative commentators they listen to tell them. That's one reason I think Beck can be a strong ally, he's coming around to the non-interventionist policy and away from being a neo-con. Regardless if it's a ruse, he's still saying the things and people will listen to him. He also encourages people to read, all Hannity does is send people to the Heritage Foundation. Hannity says he believes in Liberty and then tells people to think and do the opposite. Beck is saying Liberty and tells people to do their own research, and more and more actually believes true Liberty.

Captain Shays
12-20-2009, 10:36 AM
That is absolutely ridiculous. Jesse cares about Jesse, and only Jesse. He has never walked a walked suggesting anything differently. Arguably when mayor and governor, he could not have been more opposed to the constitution on his walk. he makes Hannity look like RP's twin.

Give an example of Jesse not caring about the Constitution when he was governor

cpike
12-20-2009, 10:42 AM
I don't know if talking constitutionality is necessarily the biggest issue with Jesse. The problem is he had no problem spending money. Case in Point: Hiawatha Light Rail Transit.

Captain Shays
12-20-2009, 10:46 AM
Hannity seems to exemplify all or most of the well deserved reasons for the demise of the modern Republican Party.
On foreign policy he has well embraced the progressive/liberal/Democrat/globalist philosophy and practice of sticking our noses into other country's business, policing the world, and fighting wars for the UN (Iraq).

He seems to have no problem with the progressive, liberal, Democrat practice of issuing corporate welfare so long as its for his or the party hack pet project.

He has no problem with our membership in the UN or all their extra-national "trade agreements" and "treaties".

He loves the Patriot Act which was born in the UN even though it robs us of our Constitutional protections and trashes the Bill of Rights.

He has no problem with the corporation we know as the Federal Reserve System controlling the entire money supply for this country and plundering the American people into the next three generations.

He engages in the mainstream media propaganda which leads us into unnecessary wars, corrupts our electoral processes and perpetuates control over our government by a bunch of globalist, militarist, corporatist scumbags.

On those issues, I would take Jesse any day over Hannity or any of his preferred corporate controlled, globalist scumbag candidates who he tries to shove down our throats.

He's basically another scumbag. Jesse may be off the wall some times but he's not even close to Hannity

Tangoland
12-20-2009, 10:51 AM
Hannity, Levin and some of the others are loosing this war of ideas. They will go down with the neocon ship and we will never forget these traitors helped the establishment try to plunder our freedoms...

DAFTEK
12-20-2009, 10:51 AM

:eek:.............................:D Duuuuuuuuuuusssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh:p

catdd
12-20-2009, 10:52 AM
Hannity seems to exemplify all or most of the well deserved reasons for the demise of the modern Republican Party.
On foreign policy he has well embraced the progressive/liberal/Democrat/globalist philosophy and practice of sticking our noses into other country's business, policing the world, and fighting wars for the UN (Iraq).

He seems to have no problem with the progressive, liberal, Democrat practice of issuing corporate welfare so long as its for his or the party hack pet project.

He has no problem with our membership in the UN or all their extra-national "trade agreements" and "treaties".

He loves the Patriot Act which was born in the UN even though it robs us of our Constitutional protections and trashes the Bill of Rights.

He has no problem with the corporation we know as the Federal Reserve System controlling the entire money supply for this country and plundering the American people into the next three generations.

He engages in the mainstream media propaganda which leads us into unnecessary wars, corrupts our electoral processes and perpetuates control over our government by a bunch of globalist, militarist, corporatist scumbags.

On those issues, I would take Jesse any day over Hannity or any of his preferred corporate controlled, globalist scumbag candidates who he tries to shove down our throats.

He's basically another scumbag. Jesse may be off the wall some times but he's not even close to Hannity

nice post

LibertyEagle
12-20-2009, 11:01 AM
Do what the Founders did. Use all media outlets. Buy billboards promoting liberty, sound currency, non-interventionism, libertarian ideals, etc. Refrain from attacking a politician and focus on issues and principles. Produce pamphlets, fliers, and other works of literature to plaster in every city in the country. Create lit. that you can go from business to business to handing out so they can put it out in an accessible manner. Ask local business owners if they wouldn't mind putting up posters, and signs to promote liberty.

As for the online part. We do pretty well in that area, but we could do a lot better. Look at NH for inspiration. Produce more online webcasts, podcasts, radio programs, blogs, mass twitter, facebook, myspace, etc.

How do you think Common Sense got around to 1/5th the population in 6 months? If even half of us did this we could promote our message to everyone within a year. Inundate every area with our ideals and principles. The only reason people believed Ron Paul was on the fringe was because we were quiet. We were reserved. Our message wasn't out in the public forum. Look for donors, local businesses that would help, etc.

I also have to repeat DO NOT ATTACK ANY POLITICIAN. Our message should be solely principle driven.

I have a few ideas that I'm coming up with and working on for local organizations in my area, that I'll be happy to share when I'm done. One is similar to Common Sense I'm loosely titling for the moment - The Liberty Papers. I'm also trying to hook up with anyone who is quite good at Photoshop to produce some Hi-Qual Liberty posters/signs to mass produce.

If you have any free time whatsoever, if you really want liberty in our lifetime, then be an activist in your spare time. Get together with like-minded people and always be in town with the message. Signs, pamphlets, etc. Whether it be FIJA, Monetary, Foreign Policy, etc. Get out to your busiest street day after day after day. Wear the message 24/7. If you go out wear our message on your shirt. On your car via bumper stickers, etc.

The more we get the message out there, the more we will influence others. This is in conjunction with running for local and state office. Even if you know you won't win. Articulate the message and get it out there. Use political races for education!

Inundate, inundate, inundate. Who needs the tea-parties when you are out there every day. Fuck the co-opters.

This is a very good idea in my opinion. :)

speciallyblend
12-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Hannity/Palin Supporters make me CRAZY!!!!!!

YumYum
12-20-2009, 11:17 AM

His being a Northeastern Irish Catholic like the Kennedys has always led me to believe that. This is also true of Shill O'Reilly.

sparebulb
12-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Don't worry about Shammity. Just let nature take its course. These douchebags make so much money that their inherent personal flaws eventually show up sooner or later. Just look at Limp Windbag, O'facist, Dick Morris, etc. They all eventually blow up Tiger Woods style.

Then, you pose the question to your neocon friends....."Why do you take political advice from a guy who buys prostitutes and sucks their toes?".

speciallyblend
12-20-2009, 11:28 AM
This is a very good idea in my opinion. :)

i hear you, i really try to follow this. curious is telling a politician your gonna run someone against them wrong??? you get to a point that a town official just isn't listening or acting on what majority voters want,so your left no choice?? but to run against them.

i have to meet the mayor(this week) and i am going to ask the mayor and a town council member to change the marijuana code themselves,but they seem to have this idea i am going to run a petition so the voters can change the code. My/Our intentions are this,if they(the elected officials) will not change the code themselves. I want them on the record for or against legalized marijuana. then as i run a petition i will also inform the voters who is making us run around trees .when the voters have already said what they want our ELECTED town council to do, change the code themselves. which they can.
I will go in nice and have my wife there to keep me in line,but we have 3 town council positions up for election in 2010 and if they are gonna make me do a petition. I would rather use my time and energy informing who we need to vote out of office and run a slate of candidates against those that oppose the will of a majority of voters in our county..,kinda kill 2 birds with one stone.

i do have a friend writing up the proper documents for the town meeting and we will have the code. hoping i have this document before my meeting with the mayor.

gonna be a hard balance,but the voters in lake county mean business;)

itshappening
12-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Where is Derek when you need him :-p

hope you're ok Derek, you do a steller job.

YumYum
12-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Don't worry about Shammity. Just let nature take its course. These douchebags make so much money that their inherent personal flaws eventually show up sooner or later. Just look at Limp Windbag, O'facist, Dick Morris, etc. They all eventually blow up Tiger Woods style.

Then, you pose the question to your neocon friends....."Why do you take political advice from a guy who buys prostitutes and sucks their toes?".

Who is the "toesucker"? I think I'm gonna puke!

sluggo
12-20-2009, 11:46 AM

A few years ago, Howard Stern was a guest on Hannity's radio show.

Howard was talking about the appearance on his own show the next day, and said that he found it hard to believe that Hannity's shtick was sincere. Stern even said that he asked Hannity's interns if he was for real, and the interns more or less said that his on air persona is an act.

sparebulb
12-20-2009, 11:54 AM
Who is the "toesucker"? I think I'm gonna puke!

Dick Morris. Do a google on Dick and toes. Enjoy.

ItsTime
12-20-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm not sure I understand the lumping of Beck into the Neo category. At least not these days. Or is it your opinion that his new-found Libertartian outlook is merely a ruse for ratings?

Lets see is Beck for preemptive war? Check
Is Beck for VAT tax? Check

I could on but Im bored.

TheConstitutionLives
12-20-2009, 12:33 PM
He hates Ron Paul. He just pretends to "like some of his ideas" so he doesn't look too slighted.

^^this^^

AuH20
12-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Hannity = GOP mouthpiece with a limited grasp of the issues
Limbaugh = Greedy SOB
Beck = feeling around the darkness in the rabbit hole

Liberty Star
12-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Fisrt Glenn Beck called RP suppoters crazy and now this Hannity nut?

Is anyone on Fox/MSM besides Judge who is not a sell out tool of anti american neocons?

parocks
12-20-2009, 12:59 PM
Your comment is fair and correct. I retract the "in general' comment. I will change it to "the most visible RP supporters are, in general, crazy".

Some here on this message board do seem crazy. We should guard against that. We should not embrace the crazy. I enjoyed the thread about the fly that Obama killed. Was it a robot? I suggested it was a video trick. As many people argued that we should consider the possibility that it was a robot or a video trick as pointed out that it was crazy talk.

Brooklyn Red Leg
12-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Limbaugh = Greedy SOB

Far be it from me to defend Limbaugh, but there is nothing inherently wrong with greed.

AuH20
12-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Far be it from me to defend Limbaugh, but there is nothing inherently wrong with greed.

No. But Limbaugh has more than enough money, to remain independent & true to the cause. He could have singlehandedly thwarted the Bush family if he wanted to, but he's weak. At one time, he held more modest Republican viewpoints. As soon as he became a bonafide corporation and started hanging out with the country club set, that independent streak went out the window. Limbaugh = sellout. Sure, he's a smart cookie, but he's a traitor.

stu2002
12-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Why does Hannity talk about the GOP being the party of freedom, liberty and limited government when it certainly is not?

FSP-Rebel
12-20-2009, 03:13 PM
Why does Hannity talk about the GOP being the party of freedom, liberty and limited government when it certainly is not?
Delusions of grandeur.

kahless
12-20-2009, 03:19 PM

Sean Hannity is the biggest threat to freedom, liberty and limited government. He continually claims he is for these things while consistently supporting candidates and policies that are of the opposite.

If he had said some of Ron Pauls supporters are crazy then I would agree with him on that. Besides the fly robot talk there was a thread that had a link to 1000 different conspiracy theories on everything you could think of. The members here were eating up. Unbelievable how gullable some of his supporters can be.

RM918
12-20-2009, 03:23 PM
Some here on this message board do seem crazy. We should guard against that. We should not embrace the crazy. I enjoyed the thread about the fly that Obama killed. Was it a robot? I suggested it was a video trick. As many people argued that we should consider the possibility that it was a robot or a video trick as pointed out that it was crazy talk.

It's the internet. Honestly I'd prefer it if the Illuminati types tuned it down, but the forum's what it is. I'm not going to suggest banning people because I think they're crazy, unless they're being dicks about it.

parocks
12-20-2009, 04:04 PM
It's the internet. Honestly I'd prefer it if the Illuminati types tuned it down, but the forum's what it is. I'm not going to suggest banning people because I think they're crazy, unless they're being dicks about it.

The tricky thing is that even if banning people was a good idea, it really goes against what Ron Paul stands for - freedom, liberty, whatnot.

There's many types of crazy. The illuminati stuff doesn't really bother me. After all anti Fed stuff bumps up against conspiracy stuff. In 2007, some of the earliest Ron Paul supporters were aware of conspiracy theories which include the Fed, Rothschild, illuminati and shape-shifting reptilians. You can read a lot of that stuff and you're cool if you know that much of what you're reading is crazy.

There's also the type of crazy that says that a good, smart, legitimate path for Ron Paul to take to actually win the Republican Presidential Nomination includes getting a large percentage of registered Democrats to vote in Republican Primaries. It's crazy, but a lot of people believe it.

In terms of Hannity, don't expect him to say too much favorable about Ron Paul supporters. After all, Ron Paul supporters pelted him with snowballs in Manchester, NH in Jan 2008 the Sunday before the NH Primary. On one hand, throwing snowballs at people you do not like is fun. On the other hand, it might be a bad idea to throw snowballs at people who can tell people, as a normal and natural part of his job, that you suck. Some might argue that it's crazy to throw snowballs at someone in that position.

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-20-2009, 04:12 PM
The tricky thing is that even if banning people was a good idea, it really goes against what Ron Paul stands for - freedom, liberty, whatnot.

There's many types of crazy. The illuminati stuff doesn't really bother me. After all anti Fed stuff bumps up against conspiracy stuff. In 2007, some of the earliest Ron Paul supporters were aware of conspiracy theories which include the Fed, Rothschild, illuminati and shape-shifting reptilians. You can read a lot of that stuff and you're cool if you know that much of what you're reading is crazy.

There's also the type of crazy that says that a good, smart, legitimate path for Ron Paul to take to actually win the Republican Presidential Nomination includes getting a large percentage of registered Democrats to vote in Republican Primaries. It's crazy, but a lot of people believe it.

In terms of Hannity, don't expect him to say too much favorable about Ron Paul supporters. After all, Ron Paul supporters pelted him with snowballs in Manchester, NH in Jan 2008 the Sunday before the NH Primary. On one hand, throwing snowballs at people you do not like is fun. On the other hand, it might be a bad idea to throw snowballs at people who can tell people, as a normal and natural part of his job, that you suck. Some might argue that it's crazy to throw snowballs at someone in that position.

Imagine if he shows up in Keene in 2012, or in Manchester again. LMAO Can only imagine what will go down since they've ratcheted up the liberty activism a lot in the last 2 years.

BlackTerrel
12-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Of all the pundits on Fox Hannity is the worst by far. I can tolerate some of the others. Hannity doesn't even pretend to be objective, he just repeats whatever the establishment Republican position is. He makes a good living doing something that a parrot could do.

Immortal Technique
12-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Heres the audio Guys and Gals

YouTube - Hannity Continues To Call Ron Paul Supporters Nuts (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyBCHInF6KQ)

BlackTerrel
12-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Hannity should of been Pelted with snowballs and worst... he deserves it!

We shall never forget his lies and Neocon Crap.

Check this out:

YouTube - Ron Paul supporters chase Hannity (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5rJI5e0jBU)

What is the possible benefit of doing that? What are these people trying to accomplish? Things like this, things like spamming Republican primary polls so Ron Paul wins 92% of the vote - all they do is annoy people. It doesn't bring you supporters and it turns people off.

When I go to watch a YouTube video that shows highlights from a basketball game - and the entire page of comments is "Ron Paul 2012" spam - that is annoying. And I'm someone that likes Ron Paul - what do others think?

There are so many more productive outlets for all that energy and enthusiasm.

anaconda
12-20-2009, 04:37 PM
NEVER EVER EVER give Hannity a break. If he begins to speak better of RP as the next election cycle approaches DO NOT buy into it because it will only be part of a larger strategy on his part to hurt Dr. Paul. Hannity must be forever condemned to the scrap heap and NEVER TRUSTED.

Thank you.

sparebulb
12-20-2009, 05:01 PM
NEVER EVER EVER give Hannity a break. If he begins to speak better of RP as the next election cycle approaches DO NOT buy into it because it will only be part of a larger strategy on his part to hurt Dr. Paul. Hannity must be forever condemned to the scrap heap and NEVER TRUSTED.

Thank you.

Correct

kahless
12-20-2009, 06:13 PM

Thank you.

Absolutely since I guarantee Hannity will go out of his way to screw over any candidate that is for limited government in favor of a big government Neocon. Of course all the while Hannity will spin his big government candidate as being for limited government.

bobbyw24
12-21-2009, 09:44 AM
The psychological operations conducted by the government of conditioning the public through covert mind control and subliminal influence has been documented for many years. This continued throughout Ron Paul's presidential campaign, and now that there is talk of a Ron Paul run in 2012 , even on Paul's own website, with 94% of respondants favoring a 2012 run in the latest poll, establishment pundits on the so-called right are amping up a marginalization campaign of Dr. Paul and his supporters.

Last week, in a bizzare stretch that would make Orwell blush, Hannity called Ron Paul supporters extremists and claimed that the military industrial complex is what gives us freedom of speech.
Hannity had previously told Chuck Norris that Ron Paul is nuts after Norris spoke favorably of Paul.
In his thorough August 2009 article FBI informants operating openly in our midst, Alex Ansary includes a clip where Hannity is confronted regarding his association with neo-nazi FBI informant Hal Turner.

Glenn Beck, meanwhile, who has been touted as a potential running mate by Sarah Palin, is on record saying that he "hates 9/11 victims families for asking questions". Palin's lead John McCain went so far as to blame the rise of Hitler on Ron Paul's ideology. Even supposed truth seekers are demonizing Paul, with 9/11 truth advocate Webster Tarpley insisting that Hitler's critque of FDR policies are the same as those espoused by modern-day libertarians.

http://www.examiner.com/x-27692-LA-County-Libertarian-Examiner~y2009m12d21-Neocon-pundits-amp-up-demonization-efforts-in-response-to-possible-Ron-Paul-2012-run

Anti Federalist
12-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Imagine if he shows up in Keene in 2012, or in Manchester again. LMAO Can only imagine what will go down since they've ratcheted up the liberty activism a lot in the last 2 years.

I'd be there. Be happy to pelt that douche with snowball or two.

http://gonewengland.about.com/library/graphics/cards/gotchacard.jpg

speciallyblend
12-21-2009, 10:07 AM
the easiest way for the gop to lose in 2010 and 2012 is to ignore and marginalize us,by doing this they marginalize over 1/3 of republicans in colorado and at least 10-30% of ron paul republicans across the country. this means outright defeat for the gop as it should be. the gop can take my vote to the bank in 2010 and 2012 and forever.

if they do not nominate Ron Paul in 2012 or someone Ron paul endorses and not the failed gop leadership. I predict the gop will lose again and again.

if the gop wants to ignore the ron paul PLATFORM, then they can be assured they will not get my vote or many other republican voters and voters....

the only option i see with any credibility left in the gop is Ron Paul 2012. the rest of the gop leaders have negative credibility. the gop made their bed and i guess they like being in bed alone...

if the gop wants to create another pointless neo-con war with registered republicans. then the gop has created another undeclared losing war..the only way the gop can win a war with ron paul republicans is by making the gop a 3rd party;) the gop really is losing their options;) either they shape up or they will be shipped out asap. i suggest the gop could recruit illegals to join the gop;) to fill in the loss of registered republicans;)..

MelissaWV
12-21-2009, 10:14 AM
Hannity's still mad my ex-husband threw a snowball at him. I don't think that was Hannity's first snowball.

I am not Googling "dick and toes." I would strongly suggest others consider whether they should, too.

I had not seen that video before. It reminds me a lot of Cloverfield. I keep expecting Hannity to leap out from behind a building and the camera to be dropped?

RM918
12-21-2009, 11:01 AM
What is the possible benefit of doing that? What are these people trying to accomplish? Things like this, things like spamming Republican primary polls so Ron Paul wins 92% of the vote - all they do is annoy people. It doesn't bring you supporters and it turns people off.

When I go to watch a YouTube video that shows highlights from a basketball game - and the entire page of comments is "Ron Paul 2012" spam - that is annoying. And I'm someone that likes Ron Paul - what do others think?

This I completely agree with. However, internet. There's really nothing to be done about it.

mczerone
12-21-2009, 11:22 AM

I agree that the actions of some supporters probably do more harm than good for the image of RP supporters generally, but OTOH what about when RP wins the post-debate text-message voting on FoxNews TWICE - yet Hannity claims its just spamming, when it was impossible to vote more than once from a cell phone number?

The AOL straw polls were equally spammed by anti-Paul people - we're just better at it. We have more youth, more tech, more intelligence because we are extreme and radical.

This also means that we have people willing to throw snowballs at mouthpieces of tyranny when he calls them names. This means we have people that genuinely believe that posting "RP 2012" on every youtube video helps spread name recognition.

If you think that there is a more effective way - start doing it, and people will follow. If you think that the "RP 2012" is particularly annoying, start a faux youtube account and start posting "Palin 2012" to counteract the stupidity. The activism in Keene is a microcosm of the liberty movement, and provides the perfect examples of people supporting their own brand of activism (open 420, topless open carry, paying tax bills in small bills, videotaping thugs, starting media outlets, etc.) to achieve a common goal of liberty.

catdd
12-21-2009, 11:24 AM
There may be some "crazy" RPers but they are not a danger to the world the way Neocon Sean and his fellow warmongers are.
They say we are crazy but I say they are a menace to world peace and guilty of crimes against humanity.

tonesforjonesbones
12-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Take Beck out of that list and replace him with Levin. Beck just had Ron Paul on his show and Rand AGAIN, he has representation from Campaign for Liberty...what else do you want? I dislike when Beck starts on foreign policy...but I try to ignore it for all the good things he says. I guess there is only so far he can go on Fox with contracts and all..but he pretty much pushes the limit. I wonder if all the adults have now left the forum. THIS adult is rarely here anymore. TONES

HOLLYWOOD
12-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Take Beck out of that list and replace him with Levin. Beck just had Ron Paul on his show and Rand AGAIN, he has representation from Campaign for Liberty...what else do you want? I dislike when Beck starts on foreign policy...but I try to ignore it for all the good things he says. I guess there is only so far he can go on Fox with contracts and all..but he pretty much pushes the limit. I wonder if all the adults have now left the forum. THIS adult is rarely here anymore. TONES

Yeap... Beck is giving major airtime, repeatedly, not to mention the Judge is the unofficial replacement when Glenn is out. You'll never, ever, ever, get that out of Shennanity.

We're getting under Hannity's skin and he's making a fool of himself and doesn't realize the more he discredits and attacks, the more his own credibility tanks. This weekend alone some old Neocons neighbors commented in realizing Hannity is a CONman/Extremist and don't watch him anymore. It's only a matter of time before Sean self destructs.

tremendoustie
12-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Yeah, Beck doesn't belong in the hannity catagory. He's not an ally per-se, but I give him a lot of credit for choosing the Judge as his fill-in.

kahless
12-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Yeap... Beck is giving major airtime, repeatedly, not to mention the Judge is the unofficial replacement when Glenn is out. You'll never, ever, ever, get that out of Shennanity.

We're getting under Hannity's skin and he's making a fool of himself and doesn't realize the more he discredits and attacks, the more his own credibility tanks. This weekend alone some old Neocons neighbors commented in realizing Hannity is a CONman/Extremist and don't watch him anymore. It's only a matter of time before Sean self destructs.

Beck also just promoted a 2% VAT on everything we buy yet no on is calling him out on this betrayal. Which is very telling since the long term fear is Beck may lead his followers right into the hands of a big government Neocon and no one will call him out on it. The ultimate betryal will be Beck pushing for a Romney/Palin, Guiliani/Palin or Gingrich/Palin ticket.

We are repeating the past all over again with Hannity and looks like people are willing to go down that road with Beck. This coming from someone who has defended Beck in the past up until he was show to be a fraud with the 2% VAT proposal.

RM918
12-21-2009, 01:28 PM

I'll start trusting Beck if - and only if - I see him talking the same as he does now after the Reps get elected in larger numbers or take the White House again. It's simply too convenient for him to be speaking as he does at the moment for me to consider it genuine. When the Reps are back in power and they start growing the government again - because that's exactly what they'll do - and he calls bullshit on them all of my doubts will be lifted. Until then, fair weather friends will suffice.

I think it's perfectly reasonable skepticism, and if being a skeptic makes me a 'child' then I'm not sure how much of an 'adult' you really are and if I want to be your kind of 'adult'.

JamesButabi
12-21-2009, 01:41 PM
I appreciate that Beck has many of our movement leaders on the show. He doesn't really give them endorsements though. He was asked a question the other night about who he would like as president and he couldn't think of anybody. Then of course Palin is the ringer choice that comes out.

Theres the 2012 forecast. All the talking heads will be Palin pushers come 2012.

anaconda
12-21-2009, 01:54 PM
The day after one of the debates in 2007 Hannity was doing a recap & analysis and he said "Ron Paul sounded like an idiot..." This was on his radio show. I never saw any mention of this on the forum and was somewhat surprised that it seemed to slip under the radar of forum members.

TomKat
12-21-2009, 02:25 PM
Fisrt Glenn Beck called RP suppoters crazy and now this Hannity nut?

Is anyone on Fox/MSM besides Judge who is not a sell out tool of anti american neocons?

Don't forget Stossel

Kbeaubs
12-21-2009, 05:14 PM
The day after one of the debates in 2007 Hannity was doing a recap & analysis and he said "Ron Paul sounded like an idiot..." This was on his radio show. I never saw any mention of this on the forum and was somewhat surprised that it seemed to slip under the radar of forum members.

Ok. I'll bite. Do you think RP's performance during the debate was of quality? Or did he "sound like an idiot"? Just like Admiral Stockdale, he is a brilliant man that had a VERY bad day. I don't remember the debate well, but I do remember that RP was not memorable except for his one war quote.

Every day in this forum I see things like "Little Johnny called me a fat, so he's a neocon". Get a friggin skin.

I've seen one recurring comment here that says Republican's need us more than we need them. Quite the contrary. Libertarians NEED the republicans. Not one person on this board can be so stupid as to believe that the current position we are in would have been worse if a "republican" were in office.

Unfortunately and pathetically, you would rather destroy EVERYTHING and be totally unrepairable if you aren't in power, than to destroy something and work on a fix. Stupid.

RP IS a republican. He is NOT an independent. He is a republican. The irony in the statements on this board are so telling and so frustrating.

erowe1
12-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Ok. I'll bite. Do you think RP's performance during the debate was of quality? Or did he "sound like an idiot"?

In some of the debates Ron Paul was brilliant. In others he could have been better. He clearly won them all, including the ones where he was given hardly any time to speak, but that's not saying much considering the competition. In none of them could any fair observer say that he came across like an idiot, or anywhere near to as poorly as Stockdale did in '92. And regardless, Hannity is certainly in no position to call anyone else an idiot.

catdd
12-21-2009, 05:28 PM
He never once sounded like an idiot to me. He was certainly TREATED worse than an idiot on nearly every debate and that has to effect your performance after awhile.

Kbeaubs
12-21-2009, 05:34 PM
In some of the debates Ron Paul was brilliant. In others he could have been better. He clearly won them all, including the ones where he was given hardly any time to speak, but that's not saying much considering the competition. In none of them could any fair observer say that he came across like an idiot, or anywhere near to as poorly as Stockdale did in '92. And regardless, Hannity is certainly in no position to call anyone else an idiot.

You're right about the poor analogy using Stockdale. Sorry about that one :)

I would still argue about your belief that he clearly won each debate. The goal of the debate is to draw votes. RP did not do that. If anything he scared voters away. He may as well have gone to a church to sell a whorehouse, when instead he could have easily sold bingo cards. Not a smart move.

HOLLYWOOD
12-21-2009, 06:11 PM
You're right about the poor analogy using Stockdale. Sorry about that one :)

I would still argue about your belief that he clearly won each debate. The goal of the debate is to draw votes. RP did not do that. If anything he scared voters away. He may as well have gone to a church to sell a whorehouse, when instead he could have easily sold bingo cards. Not a smart move.

It's not really a debate... it's just a pageant of panderers, excluding RP.

Because it's so rigged and controlled by every avenue of corruption at the media corporate level, no honest politician makes it through.

One wish you could borrow a sound proof booth for the stage and bring each candidate out and ask the same question. Then we can see how things match up without the cheating of whispers, electronic devices, and being asked the same question after hearing responses from 4-6 other candidates before responding. It's noy a debate but a political gameshow for the dumbed down public.

catdd
12-21-2009, 06:28 PM
It's not really a debate... it's just a pageant of panderers, excluding RP.

Because it's so rigged and controlled by every avenue of corruption at the media corporate level, no honest politician makes it through.

One wish you could borrow a sound proof booth for the stage and bring each candidate out and ask the same question. Then we can see how things match up without the cheating of whispers, electronic devices, and being asked the same question after hearing responses from 4-6 other candidates before responding. It's not a debate but a political gameshow for the dumbed down public.

Right, it's a gameshow consisting of liars, crooks, and whoremongering con artists. An honest man of integrity will naturally look like an oddball in such a crowd.

erowe1
12-21-2009, 06:43 PM

I really doubt that. Ron Paul was only a congressman, not a senator, governor, or 4 star general. Compare how well he did to how well Tancredo or Hunter did. Maybe a better comparison is with how well Kucinich, who is similarly marginalized, and similarly respected among his own ideological cohorts, did against the Democrats. RP far outdid any of those. He also far surpassed a number of senators and governors who were considered more serious contenders earlier on, like Tommy Thompson, Sam Brownback, and Jim Gilmore. And in comparison with Fred Thompson and Rudy Giuliani before they dropped out, he was just about even with them, and they were each at one point considered the front runner. What Ron Paul accomplished in 2008 was remarkable. And that's just looking at the results within that race without considering his growing influence since then.

A lot of this support is owed to impressions he left on people in those debates.

tremendoustie
12-21-2009, 07:17 PM
No, the primary object was not to get votes, it was to tell the truth. That was the difference between he and everyone else up there.

And that's why this site, and this movement, exists today.

HOLLYWOOD
12-21-2009, 07:20 PM

I don't listen to Hannity's microwave pollution so I wouldn't know about his Idiot/Moronic statements. Have the clown pick one:
http://scienceblogs.com/neurophilosophy/eug23.jpg

Athan
12-21-2009, 07:22 PM
I don't listen to Hannity's microwave pollution so I wouldn't know about his Idiot/Moronic statements. Have the clown pick one:
http://scienceblogs.com/neurophilosophy/eug23.jpg

Hannity = Idiot (Self Preservation)

tremendoustie
12-21-2009, 07:24 PM
Hannity = Idiot (Self Preservation)

I'd say he's more of a high grade moron who chooses to use his powers only for Self Preservation, rather than for the manual labor for which he is qualitied.

I hope that some day he will live up to his full potential, and serve me fries.

:p

sparebulb
12-21-2009, 07:26 PM
Hitler: failed painter

Hannity: failed house painter

Anti Federalist
12-21-2009, 07:27 PM
I hope that some day he will live up to his full potential, and serve me fries.

:p

Thanks TT, I was feeling pretty ornery and pissy tonight and needed a laugh.

tremendoustie
12-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Thanks TT, I was feeling pretty ornery and pissy tonight and needed a laugh.

Any time, and thanks :o

I feel quite pissy also. It's hard not to these days. It seems like we're living in the first few chapters of a dystopian novel.

BlackTerrel
12-22-2009, 03:59 PM
I agree that the actions of some supporters probably do more harm than good for the image of RP supporters generally, but OTOH what about when RP wins the post-debate text-message voting on FoxNews TWICE - yet Hannity claims its just spamming, when it was impossible to vote more than once from a cell phone number?

The AOL straw polls were equally spammed by anti-Paul people - we're just better at it. We have more youth, more tech, more intelligence because we are extreme and radical.

This also means that we have people willing to throw snowballs at mouthpieces of tyranny when he calls them names. This means we have people that genuinely believe that posting "RP 2012" on every youtube video helps spread name recognition.

If you think that there is a more effective way - start doing it, and people will follow. If you think that the "RP 2012" is particularly annoying, start a faux youtube account and start posting "Palin 2012" to counteract the stupidity. The activism in Keene is a microcosm of the liberty movement, and provides the perfect examples of people supporting their own brand of activism (open 420, topless open carry, paying tax bills in small bills, videotaping thugs, starting media outlets, etc.) to achieve a common goal of liberty.

I was responding to a poster who posted a video of Paul supporters chasing and harassing Sean Hannity - as if this was something to be proud of.

I just don't get it. What did this accomplish? That video doesn't make anyone support Ron Paul - if anything it does the opposite. And now Hannity can tell a story how he was attacked by Ron Paul supporters to his radio audience of over 13 million people. And what if some of those people decide to do the same to Ron Paul?

As I said this isn't something I worry about day to day. I hadn't seen the video until now. But when someone posts it here and brags about it like it's a big accomplishment I can't help but get mad. Nobody can tell me this is an effective strategy.

BlackTerrel
12-22-2009, 04:05 PM
Beck also just promoted a 2% VAT on everything we buy yet no on is calling him out on this betrayal.

Betrayal seems a strong word. Did Beck ever say that he wouldn't promote this idea or that he would agree with Ron Paul on every single issue?

At some point people can lose all credibility. And there are some people that are so bad that in my mind they can never redeem themselves: for me I would put Hannity, Limbaugh, Savage, Buchanan, George Bush (and others I can't think of right now) on that list. No matter what they say I won't trust them.

But I don't expect to agree with everything someone says. I don't agree with everything Ron Paul says, I don't agree with everything my girlfriend says - but I like them anyway :)

speciallyblend
12-22-2009, 04:11 PM
I was responding to a poster who posted a video of Paul supporters chasing and harassing Sean Hannity - as if this was something to be proud of.

I just don't get it. What did this accomplish? That video doesn't make anyone support Ron Paul - if anything it does the opposite. And now Hannity can tell a story how he was attacked by Ron Paul supporters to his radio audience of over 13 million people. And what if some of those people decide to do the same to Ron Paul?

As I said this isn't something I worry about day to day. I hadn't seen the video until now. But when someone posts it here and brags about it like it's a big accomplishment I can't help but get mad. Nobody can tell me this is an effective strategy.

only if the gop used snowballs, hannity is lucky they didn't use tar or feathers or a rope..i don't support what they did,but to be honest hannity is lucky it wasn't a 45..

YouTube - Patsy Cline "Crazy" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzq5X-p2C0Y)

speciallyblend
12-22-2009, 04:16 PM
Betrayal seems a strong word. Did Beck ever say that he wouldn't promote this idea or that he would agree with Ron Paul on every single issue?

At some point people can lose all credibility. And there are some people that are so bad that in my mind they can never redeem themselves: for me I would put Hannity, Limbaugh, Savage, Buchanan, George Bush (and others I can't think of right now) on that list. No matter what they say I won't trust them.

But I don't expect to agree with everything someone says. I don't agree with everything Ron Paul says, I don't agree with everything my girlfriend says - but I like them anyway :)

i hear you, seems the gop has already past the point of 0 credibility.except for Ron Paul.

anaconda
12-23-2009, 01:33 AM
Ok. I'll bite. Do you think RP's performance during the debate was of quality? Or did he "sound like an idiot"? Just like Admiral Stockdale, he is a brilliant man that had a VERY bad day. I don't remember the debate well, but I do remember that RP was not memorable except for his one war quote.

Every day in this forum I see things like "Little Johnny called me a fat, so he's a neocon". Get a friggin skin.

I've seen one recurring comment here that says Republican's need us more than we need them. Quite the contrary. Libertarians NEED the republicans. Not one person on this board can be so stupid as to believe that the current position we are in would have been worse if a "republican" were in office.

Unfortunately and pathetically, you would rather destroy EVERYTHING and be totally unrepairable if you aren't in power, than to destroy something and work on a fix. Stupid.

RP IS a republican. He is NOT an independent. He is a republican. The irony in the statements on this board are so telling and so frustrating.

My comment was intended to show the hostility Hannity has shown for Ron Paul. I also wondered if anyone else heard the comment on the air. What was "telling" about my comment? Just curious.

Paul's debating was excellent if not a bit convoluted for prime time at certain moments.

Derek Johnson
12-23-2009, 01:36 AM
YouTube - Giving Sean Hannity a dose of Washington / Jefferson viewpoint on foreign policy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJjYbNhpj30)

give Sean a call

Toureg89
12-23-2009, 01:43 AM
never had much respect for Hannity...

i don't see him giving me any reason to discontinue with my opinion of him...