PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: The "Jericho" of American politics?

theknightshift
06-05-2007, 11:37 PM
Found this story (http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117966329.html?categoryid=14&cs=1) and couldn't help but think about how this is analogous to Ron Paul right now...

CBS looks to resurrect 'Jericho'
Devoted fans rescue series with online revolt
By JOSEF ADALIAN

"Jericho" might not be nuked after all.

Hoping to take advantage of a devoted fan based -- and the new multiplatform era -- CBS is readying a plan to bring back the drama sometime next season. Net will likely order seven or eight episodes for broadcast.

Eye killed "Jericho" last month, leaving the show off its fall schedule and declaring it dead (Daily Variety, May 16). Normally, that would've been the end of things.

But fans of the show revolted, launching a massive online-based campaign to save the show. Their gimmick: Deluging the Eye's Gotham and L.A. HQ with bags of... nuts. Nearly 20 tons, at last count, according to a Web site tracking electronic orders for the nuts. Protesters even found the cell phone number of a CBS exec, flooding him with calls and forcing him to change his number.

Such protests are hardly unprecedented, going all the way back to the failed online-based campaign to save ABC's beloved "My So-Called Life."

But meat-and-potatoes CBS execs aren't used to such attention. Despite its status as TV's most-watched web, its sked isn't heavy with buzz-friendly skeins (reality staples such as "Survivor" and "Big Brother" notwithstanding).The rest of the article talks about how the impact of things like the Internet and other things (like DVRs) are forcing networks to seriously reconsider their old stances.

Strong word right now is that CBS will probably bring the show back after all.

Makes one think about how the mainstream press right now is still too fixated on "landline" phone polls: it hasn't adapted yet to the fact that it's a whole new ballgame. It's just not possible to measure the sentiment toward candidates anymore based on the old methods.

Probably why Ron Paul is driving them "NUTS!" right now (to borrow a quote from "Jericho" :-)

Give me liberty
06-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Just think if there was a another war on serbia

and ron paul is the only one who is agaisnt it.

I wonder how will the media react to a new war in serbia.

Does serbia or does canada need to be nuked?

Are they our worse enemie? i guess the serbs voted wrong in there own elcetion
should we bomb them again maybe? should we attack canada? because they got OIL?

Sigg

I hope ron paul will get the vote.
case if some of these Warlovers win.

Bad things will happen, i just got that feeling.