PDA

View Full Version : Penn & Teller BS

__27__
12-20-2009, 01:39 AM
I searched and it's been a while since the show has been discussed here. Every time I see an episode I find myself literally cheering at the TV with Penn and the people he has on the show. I cannot think of a better show on TV with regards to spreading the message of individual liberty, nor a better spokesman in the entertainment industry than Penn. If you haven't watched the show, you should. Also, if you find yourself nodding your head along with everything Penn says, you might check out his video blog on youtube called 'Pennsays'.

I just set my DVR to record all BS episodes that air and watch them when I get time, tonight I got to see this beauty (it's a little older, but it was the first time I had seen it):

YouTube - Penn & Teller Investigate Mount Rushmore & Blind Patriotism (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl0DBmFLlfk)

Anyhow, sorry if you guys don't care, or if you think I'm trying to pitch something to you, it's just that every time I watch BS I feel like I have to tell someone, because Penn is so right on with the message of the show.

Andrew-Austin
12-20-2009, 01:45 AM
I concur it is really good, informative and funny. Teaches the audience to really embrace skepticism, skepticism towards government given the issue. Chances are Penn&Teller has a few episodes that will really surprise/challenge you. I was going through a couple seasons of the show on my PS3 through Netflix and was watching one right after another.

Penn is (with John Stossel) among my two favorite guys on television. I would add Teller to the list, but he never says anything, hes like an accessory to the show like a piece of furniture.

Penn is also probably the only guy to ever mention on television the term and concept "anarcho-capitalism".

FrankRep
12-20-2009, 01:59 AM
Good stuff

USAFCapt
12-20-2009, 07:00 AM
Only problem with it is the name. I would love to reach fundies with this show but, after being around them all my life (and having been one), the name of the show and Penn's F bombs would turn them off in a heartbeat. Their show content is certainly some of the best on TV, but they ain't touchin it...

ClayTrainor
12-20-2009, 07:20 AM
Yea, bullshit is one of my favorite shows. It's an easy one to show to friends, and help them see things from the libertarian perspective a little more clearly.

I think Penn was on larry king last night as well, so keep an eye out for that link. :)

ramallamamama
12-20-2009, 07:22 AM
Penn & Teller rocks, they have a great 2a piece too.

SelfTaught
12-20-2009, 07:54 AM
I love Bullshit.

If you do a google search, and enter over 20mins, you can get some of the full length shows. Does anyone know where I can download the entire episodes for free? A lot of the shows are pretty good.

On a side note, the show often has female nudity, which is always a plus. Although, on one show they had a bunch of naked dudes dancing around Penn and Teller. Yuck.

Romulus
12-20-2009, 08:29 AM
isn't Penn a regular on Beck? I always thought he was pro-war too?

JohnnyRocko
12-20-2009, 08:54 AM
netflix allows you to watch all their shows online with price of membership. Well worth the price of admisssion...

RevolutionSD
12-20-2009, 11:31 AM
They border on anarcho-capitalism, I love it!

ClayTrainor
12-20-2009, 11:42 AM
They border on anarcho-capitalism, I love it!
i may be mistaken, but i believe Penn actually referred to himself as an anarcho-capitalist on TV once. I think it was Beck.

powerofreason
12-20-2009, 11:56 AM
i may be mistaken, but i believe Penn actually referred to himself as an anarcho-capitalist on TV once. I think it was Beck.

I remember watching that clip. Penn rocks!

I'm not a big TV watcher anymore but I do download some Bullshit torrents every once in a while.

Imperial
12-20-2009, 01:43 PM
what channel is it?

powerofreason
12-20-2009, 02:53 PM
what channel is it?

Shotime.

BlackTerrel
12-20-2009, 05:05 PM
I like those guys a lot. I used to love their old magic shows back in the day.