PDA

View Full Version : Texas Nationalist Movement: We want Ron Paul For President (of Texas) !!

FrankRep
12-19-2009, 07:54 PM
Ron Paul For President (of Texas) (http://www.texasnationalist.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=233:ron-paul-for-president&catid=8:newsflash&Itemid=104)

Russell D. Longcore | Texas Nationalist Movement (http://www.texasnationalist.com/)
11 December 2009

When Texas inevitably secedes from the United States, it will need a President. I nominate favorite son Ron Paul, of Lake Jackson, Texas as the first President of the new nation.

There is no other person that has the credentials of Dr. Ron Paul. Doctor Paul ran a successful ob/gyn medical practice before entering politics, so he knows small business. He served as a flight surgeon in the U.S. Air Force during the 1960s. He has been a US Congressman for Texas’ 14th District since 1997, returning to Congress after previously serving in the same capacity in the late ‘70s and early ‘80s. He knows the Washington culture and the Washington games from the inside. His record of voting against pork-barrel spending has gotten him the nickname “Dr. No.” Congressman Paul has often been the lone voice on Capitol Hill for compliance with the Constitution of the United States. Paul enjoys a national reputation as the premier advocate for liberty in politics today. Dr. Paul is the leading spokesman in Washington for limited constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies based on commodity-backed currency.

Recently, Paul sponsored HR 1207, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act, designed to regulate and audit the Federal Reserve. On December 9, 2009, he introduced the Free Competition in Currency Act in Congress, which if enacted, would get the government out of the money business.

He is known among both his colleagues in Congress and his constituents for his consistent voting record in the House of Representatives: Dr. Paul never votes for legislation unless the proposed measure is expressly authorized by the Constitution.

No other person in Texas can show a lifelong commitment to liberty like Ron Paul can proffer. No governor, Senator or other Congressman can compare their voting records and legislative records with Congressman Paul. All others would be proven to be big-government spenders and friends to tyrants...or tyrants themselves.

I heartily encourage Ron Paul to voice his support for Nullification and eventual Secession in a prepared statement delivered in an open session of the United States House of Representatives. That would throw an ideological hand grenade into the Washington political culture that would reverberate from that moment forward into the history books. That one speech would mesmerize and captivate the Main Stream Media. Paul, his speech and Texas would be the Number One headline for weeks. The line of media interview requests for Rep. Paul would be as long as the Rio Grande...and just about as shallow.

Few events could bolster the cause of nationhood for Texas as the unflagging support of Ron Paul. I dare to say that few events could galvanize the support of Texas citizens as much as Ron Paul’s support of the concepts of Nullification and Secession.

Not since John C. Calhoun’s advocacy of Nullification in the 1830s, and the formal secession of South Carolina in 1860, would Washington’s applecart be up-ended like a simple statement of support of Nullification and Secession from Ron Paul.

But please note: I am not recommending that ANY ACTION toward secession be taken any time soon. The national political events that will precipitate secession have yet to occur. And Timing Is Everything.

Just as George Washington was swept into the Presidency after the 1776 secession, so too would Ron Paul be the logical and emotional choice for Texas.

Perhaps Dr. Paul could convince Judge Andrew Napolitano to relocate to Texas and become the first Vice President or Chief Justice of the New Texas Supreme Court?

The Texas Nationalist Movement is the current driving force for the secession of Texas from the United States. The TNM is presently reaching out to Texans across the state and telling the story of the many reasons that nationhood is best for Texas...and Texans.

The TNM is currently spearheading a petition drive to collect signatures from Texans who support the concept of secession. TNM leaders want to be able to present thousands of signatures to the Governor on January 11, 2011, the opening day of the next Texas legislative session. The petition requests that a straight up or down referendum be scheduled so that the people of Texas may vote themselves whether or not to secede from the Union.

Fore more information about the Texas Nationalist Movement (http://www.TexasNationalist.com/), go to: www.TexasNationalist.com A basic membership is a mere $20.

DumpDC. Six Letters That Can Change History.

SOURCE:
http://www.texasnationalist.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=233:ron-paul-for-president&catid=8:newsflash&Itemid=104

FrankRep
12-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Ron Paul on the Republic of Texas

Texas Congressman Ron Paul talks about his dream of seeing the Republic of Texas re-established.

YouTube - Ron Paul - Republic of Texas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2lmwg4eQ2s)

UtahApocalypse
12-19-2009, 08:17 PM
I would move there instantly with no hesitation.

CaseyJones
12-19-2009, 08:35 PM
Free Republic Of Texas!!!

Athan
12-21-2009, 07:28 PM
That's it! When I'm saving up money, I'm officially joining this movement. Finally leadership that recognizes real leadership!

orafi
12-21-2009, 08:58 PM
I will bring myself, convince my family to come along, and relocate mine and my father's family business in Texas if this does indeed happen. It will be the perfect land for success.

bucfish
12-21-2009, 09:15 PM
Texas will need big fences to keep all of us Yankees out, LOL

Texan4Life
12-21-2009, 09:29 PM
who on this board doesn't day dream about the Republic of Texas?

FSP-Rebel
12-21-2009, 09:57 PM
who on this board doesn't day dream about the Republic of Texas?
I sure do, it would be a great vacationing spot for me. I say that we live in NH in the spring/summer/fall and then snowbird in TX for the winter.:o:p