PDA

View Full Version : Click Ads on friendly articles

qsecofr
10-04-2007, 02:47 AM
The theory goes, if we can make pro Ron articles profitable the MSM will print more of them.

Don't know the legalities if there are any but considering the traffic we are generating it could be a decent incentive.

Kind of a Free Market corporate outreach program I guess.

RonFan1776
10-04-2007, 03:09 AM
Wow, I'm so spoiled with Adblock Plus that I wouldn't know what to do without it. I disabled it on Drudge Report so I could click on their ads, and their page was hideous!

Make sure you send a message to the organization telling them why you clicked on their ads.

Taco John
10-04-2007, 03:40 AM
This is a great idea. I was thinking about this tonight, as it dawned on me that the media is going to respond to what gets them ratings. It's got to work the same way on the Internet.

You'll find a good archive of stories here:

http://www.idiggronpaul.com/

qsecofr
10-04-2007, 03:58 AM
Great resource!

I went through the first 2 pages and clicked on most of the ads, didn't realize how many of them are in flash these days =( no tabbed browsing ftl

I avoided politico and newsmax though... didn't see any fox but think I'll avoid them too for the time being.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-04-2007, 04:28 AM
www.chainedreviews.com all earnings there goes to Ron Paul

Primbs
10-04-2007, 06:42 AM
It was reported that the debates got more viewers only because of Ron Paul. So there are stories showing the link between covering Ron Paul and increased audience.

moonbat
10-04-2007, 09:43 AM
I just want to point out that this is click fraud and will most likely result in the loss of any monies earned for these websites. Google for example monitors this very closely.

Heres an article on wired.com about click fraud and Google:
http://www.wired.com/politics/security/commentary/securitymatters/2006/07/71370

Just something to think about...

RonFan1776
10-04-2007, 09:50 AM
It's not click fraud. I actually clicked on the ads and looked at them.

That article addresses concerns entirely different from this.

Taco John
10-04-2007, 09:56 AM
I always reward websites that I like by clicking on their ads and considering what the advertiser is selling. Bandwidth costs money, and this is just as legit as sitting through a television ad.

qsecofr
10-04-2007, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the link moonbat, I read through it and it seems a group of individuals clicking on the links separately without spamming would be legit.

I've actually found a good number of things I might consider buying (If I was looking for that stuff). That got me thinking.

My wife buys tons of crap from amazon and other online stores so if she clicks through an ad on a site I want to support they get the credit for the referral right? The site wins, the advertiser wins and I win because they'll hopefully print more... the only loser is my wallet, considering the slide the dollar's taking I guess it may not matter.