PDA

View Full Version : My Attempt to reach the Non-Internet Generations

Trassin
10-04-2007, 02:42 AM
So I decided tonight that in an effort to better reach people that may not yet know about Ron Paul I'm going to utilize my snail mail address book.

My goal is to mail a "Ron Paul Package" to everyone I have an address for. It will consist of:

-Personal letter from me explaining what it is and why I support Ron Paul
-Ron Paul DVD
-Flyer of some sort stating a wide range of Ron Paul's beliefs
-For the more Christian people on the list there will also be a copy of Ron Paul's Statement of faith.

I believe that, especially for the non-internet generations, this will be a much more effective way of reaching them than anything I could e-mail to them.

LibertyEagle
10-04-2007, 03:28 AM
Good idea.

Trassin
10-04-2007, 03:35 AM
This is the letter I've drafted so far.

Dear __________,

As you may or may not be aware I am an ardent supporter of Rep. Ron Paul in his campaign to become the next President of the United States. To this end I am currently an assistant organizer of the St. Louis for Ron Paul volunteer group, the head organizer of the Edwardsville for Ron Paul volunteer group, and helping direct the effort to elect Pro-Ron Paul Republican National Convention delegates in my congressional district of Illinois. I have also put forth numerous other efforts in order spread Rep. Paul's message, including the latest one which you have just opened.

What you have just opened is a package I personally assembled for my family and friends. Inside you will find a copy of the unofficial Ron Paul DVD put together by grassroots supporters like myself, a short description of Rep. Paul's overall views on a wide range of issues, and a copy of Rep. Paul's Statement of Faith.

My hope is that you will take a few minutes to look over this material, regardless of what you may think you already know about Ron Paul. If you find yourself seeking additional information after looking at this or want to know how you can help to support Rep. Paul then there are several sources you can use. The first of course being me, whether through a phone call, e-mail, or snail mail. Another source I would recommend is the collection of Ron Paul's speeches and articles which can be found at www.RonPaulLibrary.com . Finally, I would recommend going to the official campaign website at www.RonPaul2008.com .

Sincerely,

JenHarris
10-04-2007, 07:35 AM
Think this is a great idea! good going :)

My only comment about your letter is that most people who don't use email have no clue what snail mail means.

Trassin
10-04-2007, 07:41 AM
Think this is a great idea! good going :)

My only comment about your letter is that most people who don't use email have no clue what snail mail means.

Good point.

Mortikhi
10-04-2007, 07:50 AM
Here's another plan that I utilize

1. Get up at 330am.
2. Go to newspaper vending machines in town.
3. Pluck in my 50 cents.
4. Stuff every paper with flyers or slimjims
5. Rinse
6. Repeat

JenHarris
10-04-2007, 07:57 AM
Haha that is too funny :)

born2drv
10-04-2007, 08:27 AM
Here's another plan that I utilize

1. Get up at 330am.
2. Go to newspaper vending machines in town.
3. Pluck in my 50 cents.
4. Stuff every paper with flyers or slimjims
5. Rinse
6. Repeat

Hahaha that's GREAT man I love it ;)

Matt Collins
10-04-2007, 08:59 AM
Remember that only about 30% of voters are proficient on the Net.

ronpaulyourmom
10-04-2007, 09:12 AM
This is the letter I've drafted so far.

Maybe you can take this a step further. Assemble this package for anybody that wants it.

Have a simple website where somebody can enter in a family members address. Also have fields to enter in their personal info to customize the letter automatically. Then on your end you can have the repsective addresses printed through a label maker, the letters through your normal printer, and you just throw it all in the envelope and mail.

Charge like $1-2 per letter for postage, other materials, and your labor to a paypal account.

Something like this will help people like me who have family but who don't have flyers or slim jims, dvds and all that jazz. It would also help us reach out to the sideline suppoters, and get them involved in the movement. Especially if you found a financial backer and could make the service free or very cheap.

hopeforamerica
10-04-2007, 09:16 AM
Our meetup organizer has had wonderful success just by standing on the street with a Ron Paul sign in one hand and another that says "Free Ron Paul stuff." He has a box of DVD's fliers and other goodies. People stop and ask questions. He even got interviewed for a cable public access channel.

Trassin
10-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Maybe you can take this a step further. Assemble this package for anybody that wants it.

Have a simple website where somebody can enter in a family members address. Also have fields to enter in their personal info to customize the letter automatically. Then on your end you can have the repsective addresses printed through a label maker, the letters through your normal printer, and you just throw it all in the envelope and mail.

Charge like $1-2 per letter for postage, other materials, and your labor to a paypal account.

Something like this will help people like me who have family but who don't have flyers or slim jims, dvds and all that jazz. It would also help us reach out to the sideline suppoters, and get them involved in the movement. Especially if you found a financial backer and could make the service free or very cheap.

Awesome idea, my only concern would be that it would be to popular. As you can see from the suff I listed in the letter, I'm already fairly busy, and just don't think I would have the time for something that massive.