PDA

View Full Version : Washington and Beijing argue over who's propagandists get to sit in on meeting

BenIsForRon
12-19-2009, 07:10 AM
Haha, good stuff. Chinese officials wouldn't let any American press into the meeting, Gibbs got pissed. Video in the article.

http://rawstory.com/2009/12/chinese-block-us-press-copenhagen/

moostraks
12-19-2009, 07:32 AM
:D Shame the rest of the world will view this as typical american arrogance instead of realizing it is administration arrogance.

Bruno
12-19-2009, 08:09 AM
I'd like to know the full story. Did any American press get in? Or just that Gibb's favorite press didn't get in?

sidenote:

I noticed his comment on the lead-in that it was a "bit of of kerfuffle, if you will". That almost made it sound like he said it off the cuff. Who uses that word? Then the title at the bottom is Copenhagen Kerfuffle. Nothing these clowns say is unscripted, or can be taken as such. It all comes through a voice in the ear or over the teleprompter.

Liberty Star
12-19-2009, 04:55 PM
So unfair, this is no way to treat reps of world's richest nation and strongest military power.

stilltrying
12-19-2009, 05:00 PM
Shakespeare would love to have the actors from American politics in his theater. One must realize that politics is acting especially at this high of a level. Copenhagen, acting, Health care reform acting. There was never any doubt from me that health care reform wouldn't pass, they must simply put on the show for those who believe in the system.