PDA

View Full Version : The Importance of Reaching the $4 Million Goal for October

HalogenFlood
10-04-2007, 01:21 AM
I just had a minor revelation that I wanted to share. I think we all agree that it's important to reach $4 mil in October to stay on track for the larger goal of $12 mil. However, the significance of reaching the goal in October is much greater than even for November or December.

Putting all the cards out on the table is a genius move by the campaign but also risky; if the goal of $4 million is reached by the end of October, then the media will look at Paul as a candidate who will raise $12 million in the fourth quarter -- on par with the Romney's and Guiliani's. It will be like revealing an outstandingly successful campaign fund raising quarter two months early. He will have to be treated as first tier in the two months prior to the primaries (as opposed to waiting until Jan to reveal the new good numbers when the media exposure might come too late).

However, if he falls short in October, then it could be spun that he's losing steam or not doing very well. Therefore, keep donating!

katao
10-04-2007, 01:25 AM
Yeah, I'm actually surprised they didn't scale up in their goals - $3,4,5 million. October is probably going to be the hardest, because we just got through such a big fundraising push. Later months will have more new supporters.

We're going to have to work our tails off to achieve that goal.

steph3n
10-04-2007, 01:27 AM
They are counting on new supporters this month :)

HalogenFlood
10-04-2007, 01:30 AM
I thought the same thing about scaling up. When they started the new drive, they actually did have $3 million as the goal for October (at least for a couple of hours). But I actually think it's smart to try to get $4 mil in October for the reason I stated above. A projected $12 million quarter looks and sounds a lot better than a projected $9 million quarter.

Imagine if he pulled off $5 mil in October.

steph3n
10-04-2007, 01:36 AM
Also you have to take into account the end of year holiday blitz between thanksgiving and Christmas it may be a rough go at fund raising :)

HalogenFlood
10-04-2007, 01:39 AM
True, but you've also got the holiday bonus factor. You know RP supporters will be giving that over to the campaign.

McDermit
10-04-2007, 01:52 AM
I wish they would have stuck with weekly goals... they seem so much more attainable and really tend to encourage more activity. A million a week? We've done it before, we'll do it again no problem. But when you look at that giant $4mil figure, it seems soooooo far away.

Plus the biggest push comes when you near the goal or a major milestone. I hope we get a push at 1 mil, 2 mil, 3 mil, etc... but I think a weekly goal would have had a better effect.

akalucas
10-04-2007, 03:50 AM
Good thinking holagenflood. The benefits of reaching the goal for this month will be far reaching. With the average donation of 40 bucks this 3Q there is definitely room to grow. To attain 12 million the average donation will have to increase the average donation by 2.4(12 mil/5 mil) times 40. Thats about 90 bucks average donation for the 3 months. so if everyone gave 30 bucks every month for this quarter we will reach close to the 12 million. That is if we have 133,333 donors, which I think we do.

RonPaulGetsIt
10-04-2007, 03:59 AM
The debate next week is key. With the good press we're getting this week, we should get a lot of new supporters after the debate. New supporters = new donations.

Drknows
10-04-2007, 04:17 AM
The debate next week is key. With the good press we're getting this week, we should get a lot of new supporters after the debate. New supporters = new donations.

Yeah i hope Ron hits a home run in the next debate like he did with the first one. These past couple of debates have been ok but the one vs rudy always sticks out in my mind.

Foreign policy and IRS/taxes are his biggest winners.

LibertyEagle
10-04-2007, 04:32 AM
Also you have to take into account the end of year holiday blitz between thanksgiving and Christmas it may be a rough go at fund raising :)

Time for a little story. I have a relative who, one year, was worried about various species of animals becoming extinct, or having their habitat threatened. So, one Christmas her "gifts" consisted of giving people documents indicating what percentage of a water buffalo (yes, you heard me right) they had just funded. So, you really knew how you rated if you got 1/4 vs. someone else's 1/2. :D It pretty much left everyone speechless, as you can imagine.

Well, we can do the same thing this Christmas. We can donate to Ron Paul's campaign and wrap up the confirmation notices for them. :) It beats the heck out of a water buffalo, you have to admit.

I'm still trying to figure out how to do the same thing if you're maxed out. Can't give 'em cash and hope they'll donate it. hhhmmm....

LibertyEagle
10-04-2007, 04:35 AM
Yeah i hope Ron hits a home run in the next debate like he did with the first one. These past couple of debates have been ok but the one vs rudy always sticks out in my mind.

Foreign policy and IRS/taxes are his biggest winners.

To me, his best debates were the first one (the very best) and the last FOX one. If he could get back to talking about the proper role of government, taxes, explaining why a national id is dangerous, talking about securing our own border rather than Iraqs, etc. and slow down while he is doing it, I think the donations would come flooding in.

LibertyEagle
10-04-2007, 04:41 AM
It's risky for sure for them to be asking for 4 million dollars a month; especially this month. But, it makes sense if you think about it. We've got to get it through people's heads that HE DOES have a chance to win this thing and we've got to do that before the primaries start. When we meet these fundraising goals, it will raise a lot of eyebrows.

It's going to be tough to do, but we've got to do whatever we have to do to make sure they meet them.

They are going about this thing to WIN. It's time to go for it and pull out all the stops. This is our last best chance to get our country back, IMO.

beermotor
10-04-2007, 05:01 AM
I donated $25 this morning. Keep at it folks, $25/paycheck is completely reasonable!

Johnnybags
10-04-2007, 05:34 AM
The campaign needs to show its top tier in fundraising as well and they probably estimated that 12 million will have them up there with the Ghouls and Romney or beat them next 1/4. They put serious pressure on them because although the other campaings might be saying "yeah sure" to the figure they also have to be saying "what if".

We all know the corporate money flowed to Ghouls and Romney already to make them frontrunners.

If we get Ron Paul 12 million by the end of year, it will simply break open the floodgates and stun the party. Can we find 120,000 people at $100.00 average? I think so if we concentrate. Or 40,000 at 100 a month? Get him the money, tell people that give you gifts for occasions to send you a donation receipt instead.

wgadget
10-04-2007, 05:40 AM
Good thinking holagenflood. The benefits of reaching the goal for this month will be far reaching. With the average donation of 40 bucks this 3Q there is definitely room to grow. To attain 12 million the average donation will have to increase the average donation by 2.4(12 mil/5 mil) times 40. Thats about 90 bucks average donation for the 3 months. so if everyone gave 30 bucks every month for this quarter we will reach close to the 12 million. That is if we have 133,333 donors, which I think we do.

I heard that $40 was the average in the 2nd quarter, but the average in the 3rd quarter was $85. What does that do to projections?

Vonhayek7
10-04-2007, 05:48 AM
What does he have to lose?

Vonhayek7
10-04-2007, 05:51 AM
Also, has the counter switched to a live count?

akalucas
10-04-2007, 06:14 AM
I heard that $40 was the average in the 2nd quarter, but the average in the 3rd quarter was $85. What does that do to projections?

I think the $85 average is from the thermometer. No one knows yet the average for the whole 3 months yet until the official numbers come out. Some have said 3rd quarters average is also $40 but I havent found anybody that can provide link or proof. Im just using the 40 average cause that was 2Q average. The higher the average for the 3rd quarter the harder it will be to raise money. For instance if it averaged 2300 that would mean everyone maxed out and can no longer give, so all donations must come from new people. Im hoping for low average and a lot of donors.

akalucas
10-04-2007, 06:27 AM
Also, has the counter switched to a live count?

The counter has been moving and names of recent donors are appearing too. Im glad theyre doing this. Its been 77 hours since the start and with $130,000 donated so far that will put us at 3.6 million by the end of 4Q. It needs to move faster at least 3 times faster to reach 10 million

beermotor
10-04-2007, 08:18 AM
People, we MUST donate NOW. It doesn't have to be a lot. But we have to keep it moving. These are critical days - we need to make a good push here at the beginning of the month, because the middle will be slack, and we need to be in position to be able to achieve the $4M with a big push at month's end.

Original_Intent
10-04-2007, 08:23 AM
I thoughht I was done donating for the year due to some unexpected expenses. However, I am going to try and match what I did in the final week during October. I have no clue where the money will come from, but i agree, meeting the goal in October, or at least getting 2 mill or better (because that would still put him on track to beat Q3) is a must win. If he does poorly in October, everything up to now will be for nothing.

iskimtsnow
10-04-2007, 08:51 AM
Three things need to happen. First there needs to be a surge of new donors. Second, existing donors need to get in the habit of weekly or monthly donations. Third a small group (5,000+) needs to become maxed out super donors. That in itself would be 11.5 million. I know most people in America don't have thousands of dollars lying about. But a bi/weekly contribution of 25 or 50 is very doable. Also most Americans I know have a grand worth of stuff around the house that they don't make good use of. EBAY that stuff today. With my weekly contribution and now my eBay yard sale I hope to be maxed out by Jan 1. Another thought I had is maybe we could design a super donor t shirt "I maxed out for Freedom" for the first 5,000 "super Donor's.