PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson on MSNBC's Morning Meeting w Dylan Ratigan. Friday, Dec 18 @ 9:30 AM EST

MRoCkEd
12-17-2009, 10:25 PM
http://twitter.com/GovGaryJohnson

Check out Gary Johnson on MSNBC's Morning Meeting w Dylan Ratigan. Tomorrow, Dec 18 @ 9:30 Eastern. Will discuss deficit, economics, etc.

BenIsForRon
12-17-2009, 10:35 PM
Oh snap!

Gage
12-17-2009, 10:43 PM
Can't wait!

american.swan
12-17-2009, 11:18 PM
I worry about Gary. No matter how genuine the guy is, they'll use the drug business against him to no end. He should be very clear that as President he will leave drug laws to the states. That might be enough to calm the lone-issue voters who would vote against him solely because of his drug policy. With Ron and Schiff and Rand, who are also against the drug laws, drugs are a side issue with Gary their almost front and center. That's worrying.

dr. hfn
12-18-2009, 08:09 AM
Gary needs to adopt Ron Paul's principles and platform completely.

MRoCkEd
12-18-2009, 08:32 AM
On now!

MRoCkEd
12-18-2009, 08:39 AM
Ehhhhhhhhhh..... Not very impressive. He couldn't explain at all how regulation caused the problems, rather than deregulation.
He can only articulate the legalize weed message.

treyfu
12-18-2009, 08:41 AM
This was my first real exposure to GJ, and from what I just saw on this segment, there's no way in hell I'd vote for this guy. Suffice it to say I was not impressed in the least...

haaaylee
12-18-2009, 11:12 AM
video:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/34467595#34478572

MRoCkEd
12-18-2009, 11:14 AM
This was my first real exposure to GJ, and from what I just saw on this segment, there's no way in hell I'd vote for this guy. Suffice it to say I was not impressed in the least...
I would vote for him, but I would not be enthusiastic at all about his candidacy.

sratiug
12-18-2009, 12:54 PM
I worry about Gary. No matter how genuine the guy is, they'll use the drug business against him to no end. He should be very clear that as President he will leave drug laws to the states. That might be enough to calm the lone-issue voters who would vote against him solely because of his drug policy. With Ron and Schiff and Rand, who are also against the drug laws, drugs are a side issue with Gary their almost front and center. That's worrying.

What problem has put more non violent people in prison in this country and made more orphans and single parents than any other? What has contributed more to the police state with roadblocks and searches and cops threatening to take children away from their parents in front of their parents?

goldenequity
12-18-2009, 01:15 PM
He bombed Sooooooooooooo bad....
He even makes John McCain look awake...
and that's hard to do.

He failed to adequately grasp even 1 single question
and specifically address and accurately answer its content.
DC and the Media would eat this guy for breakfast.
NEXT candidate..... pleeeze! :eek:

Endgame
12-18-2009, 01:23 PM
He bombed Sooooooooooooo bad....
He even makes John McCain look awake...
and that's hard to do.

He failed to adequately grasp even 1 single question
and specifically address and accurately answer its content.
DC and the Media would eat this guy for breakfast.
NEXT candidate..... pleeeze! :eek:

Well that's depressing. Got a tube?

tajitj
12-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Found it on youtube

YouTube - Former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson may run for President (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkczhqWEXIw)

sofia
12-18-2009, 01:40 PM
a no name with no charisma....

sorry, he aint gonna fly in the modern age.

Ron paul isnt the most riveting speaker but at least he comes off as sharp.

GJ sounds a little slow.

pass

Brian4Liberty
12-18-2009, 01:57 PM
He said he is not running for anything.

If he does run again for something, running for Senate is an option too...

RevolutionSD
12-18-2009, 02:05 PM
BAD. Ratigan threw him a softball in asking him "how would he create jobs?". Answer should have been it's not up to gov't to create jobs. Instead he didn't even come close to hitting the ball! Johnson definitely is planning to run for president, but he has, sad to say, no chance. Not to mention, when it comes to the issues, he's simply Ron Paul lite, or Bob Barr + mj legalization.

RevolutionSD
12-18-2009, 02:07 PM
ANother thing, that lady on there is pathetic. She's worried about legalizing MJ as a mother? She must be a HORRIBLE mother, and wants the gov't to do her job. It's not like legalizing it will make it more likely her kids will try pot! Far fewer teenagers in Holland, where it's legal, try pot. The MSM is SO out of touch.

CoreyBowen999
12-18-2009, 02:15 PM
sooo that was quite bad lol

lester1/2jr
12-18-2009, 02:17 PM
the segment before it where Rattigan kept interrupting that wasserman lady was sick. WHY ARE HEALTH CARE RELATED STOCKS GOING UP MA'AM

pacelli
12-18-2009, 03:49 PM
Yikes. Pretty glad he isn't running, and really glad that I'm not being encouraged to give him money.

BenIsForRon
12-18-2009, 04:23 PM
Wow, I couldn't watch the whole thing....

But... he got elected twice.. right? Maybe the CIA drugged him right before he went on or something? If that's as much as we're going to get out of him, then he definitely shouldn't run, but if he gives some better appearances, like at the Rally for the Republic, then maybe...

But wow, I'm very confused right now... the CIA definitely drugged him, that's my story.

AbolishTheGovt
12-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Gary definitely needs to start spending a little more time honing his message now, and a little less time skiing and mountain-climbing these days, but keep in mind this is Gary's first major, nationally-broadcast, one-on-one TV appearance in several YEARS. He's a little rusty, and probably a bit nervous for not having done this type of public speaking in so long, but looking back at his old TV appearances he made while he was Governor, I know he has it in him to dish out A+ public speaking. Give him a year and a half to make the speaking circuit before the presidential race begins, and I think he'll be able to give flawless performances.

JAlli41
12-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Actually, while his message (especially on economics) isn't resonating with you guys as much as you'd like, it will resonate better with the general public. Take Rand Paul for instance, Rand has not been so vocal about the fed as his dad was and he's doing very well. That being said, I'm afraid talking about economic issues just isnt his strong suit (it can change if he gets some good minds/speech writers around him). But his folksy, "I ran Big J construction" stuff is going to go over well, especially in contrast to Mitt Romney. Let's be honest also, I had no fucking idea what that guy was asking, anyone would've been stumped with the way the second question was framed.

Some of you guys want a Ron Paul clone. I love Dr. Paul, but I would vote for Johnson any day of the week over the rest of the clowns that will be running in 2012.

BenIsForRon
12-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Ratigan can ask some wordy, complicated questions. He uses it to his advantage to smack down this congressman.

YouTube - Ratigan rant on House BIll reform.mp4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwldgFJ8szs)

MR2Fast2Catch
12-19-2009, 01:48 AM
This was a kind of disappointing interview. Other than the Rally for the Republic, and the Our America videos, this is the first time I've seen Gary Johnson on TV. He totally sounded like he didn't know what he was talking about until they started talking about drugs, and then I breathed a sigh of relieve, knowing that the subject was in his domain. But seriously, how does a 2 term governor not grasp these issues and know how to present them? I guess he is rusty. He also seemed half asleep the entire time, like he wasn't completely there.

I like Gary Johnson, and I'm not going to write him off from one poor interview like some of you guys suggest, but I'm just recognizing that he needs to work on his character, charisma, and presentation of the issues. I'm curious to see him in future TV appearances to see if he comes off differently.

Met Income
12-19-2009, 02:38 AM
Hell, he almost seems like controlled opposition.

Kevin_Kennedy
12-19-2009, 02:41 AM
His speaking skills need a lot of work obviously, but it's the issues that matter. And as far as the issues go, Gary Johnson may be second only to Ron Paul. At least as far as people that have actually won elections and served in any serious capacity.