PDA

View Full Version : More Climategate: British Meteorology Office manipulated data from Russia

FrankRep
12-17-2009, 10:14 PM
More Climategate: British Meteorology Office manipulated data from Russia

Russia Today
December 17, 2009

YouTube - Climategate gets worse - British Meteorology Office manipulated data from Russia (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLHQL61YzKs)

Met Office 'manipulated climate change figures' says Russian think tank linked to President Putin
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1236513/Met-Office-manipulated-climate-change-figures-say-Russian-think-tank.html

'CRU cherrypicked Russian climate data', says Russian
Newly released info probed as Climategate, um, snowballs
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/12/17/russian_data_cherrypicked_says_sceptic/

dannno
12-18-2009, 02:02 AM
WOw

torchbearer
12-18-2009, 07:21 AM
WOw

+1

BenIsForRon
12-18-2009, 07:30 AM
Guys keep in mind that there is a political agenda here. I don't know if its true or not, but you gotta look at the timing.

Russia DOES NOT want the Copenhagen talks to go forward. They (correctly) see Copenhagen as another step towards the NWO. They want a piece of this NWO, and right now its looking like Europe, America, and Japan want to treat them as a third world country.

They know information like this will stoke the flames of the skeptics, especially in the US and UK. This is all geopolitical, so I'm going to take this story with a grain of salt.

idirtify
12-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Guys keep in mind that there is a political agenda here. I don't know if its true or not, but you gotta look at the timing.

Russia DOES NOT want the Copenhagen talks to go forward. They (correctly) see Copenhagen as another step towards the NWO. They want a piece of this NWO, and right now its looking like Europe, America, and Japan want to treat them as a third world country.

They know information like this will stoke the flames of the skeptics, especially in the US and UK. This is all geopolitical, so I'm going to take this story with a grain of salt.

But a speculated political agenda does not a lie make. See current Republican behavior for the prime example: even though most have a partisan side-agenda, their anti-government positions are truthful (at least more truthful than during the previous administration). So even though their motive might be self-gain, the truth doesn’t care.

(OFF-TOPIC: Re your signature – petroleum IS both EARTH and REAL nature. Invite this farmer to a thread of your choosing at ANY time!)

BenIsForRon
12-18-2009, 04:30 PM
But a speculated political agenda does not a lie make. See current Republican behavior for the prime example: even though most have a partisan side-agenda, their anti-government positions are truthful (at least more truthful than during the previous administration). So even though their motive might be self-gain, the truth doesn’t care.

(OFF-TOPIC: Re your signature – petroleum IS both EARTH and REAL nature. Invite this farmer to a thread of your choosing at ANY time!)

Well, he's kind of dead, so that won't be happening. But I can defend his position. Fossil fuels were not used in agriculture until the 19th or 20th century. Plants and soil organisms did not evolve to use petroleum based fertilizer and pesticides. These products kill many of the natural organisms in the soil thus rendering the soil useless unless MORE fossil fuels are used! Far from natural in my view.

I see you're making a philosophical argument though, in which case nothing is unnatural, because everything we've ever made since the dawn of humanity came from the earth. But you can't deny the point he's trying to make.