PDA

View Full Version : The Power of Persuasion, or "Etiquette on the Net" (Sticky?)

TheIndependent
10-04-2007, 12:14 AM
Some etiquette to remember when posting comments on news or social media sites...

1. Don't be cocky, i.e. no "IN YOUR FACE, X SUPPORTERS!" It turns people off in a heartbeat.

2. Don't be conspiracy-minded. Think about what Paul would say. Be judicious about how you say it. 'Kookishness' is precisely what the other candidates' supporters and media WANT. Don't feed the damned trolls and opposition.

3. Don't spam 10,000 links in a post. You'll piss everyone off.

4. Be kind. Seriously, as you'll remember as a kid, the best way of pissing off the opposition is to be kind with your inner self smirking the entire time. At the same time, you'll win friends.

5. Only state campaign facts. Don't deviate into what YOU want his candidacy to be about. Stick to the damned message and tailor it to your audience!

6. Invite curiosity. Make them WANT to learn more instead of slamming them in the face with everything you know.

7. Repeat after me: You DO NOT have to digg/reddit/etc EVERY LITTLE pirce of news on Ron Paul. It's turning people off in droves. Use your judgment wisely and SEARCH for prior submissions before entering your own!

With these tips, you too could learn the power of persuasion.

(Can we sticky this for other suggestions on how to win friends and NOT lose potential voters? Based on some of the comments from supporters on news sites and social media sites I've been reading as of late, it's time for a primer.)

fez2008
10-04-2007, 12:20 AM
In conversations with people who say he cannot get elected:

Ask why he cannot get elected? Let them answer it... If they give an answer like.. he is low in the polls.. ask why he is low in the polls..
Ask which is important? an honest candidate with integrity and track record or a politician who never answers something straight and tell what you want to hear..

Ask if it is good if people support someone like him...

Flirple
10-04-2007, 12:21 AM
I couldn't have said it any better myself.

TheIndependent
10-04-2007, 12:22 AM
Excellent... This is the kind of thing we need to get in check before now that some have started blaming Ron Paul for the way his supporters are acting in some cases... It's already happening and we need to fight it starting NOW.

Seriously guys, let's get professional in Q4 and KICK ASS. We represent HIM whether we like it or not. (And I like it personally when I see professional, smart answers to questions of the campaign.)

TheIndependent
10-04-2007, 12:30 AM
I'm tired of hearing questions answered with "X is a CFR asshole" or "SUCK IT DIGG BURIERS!" and other such things that turn off potential eyes at first glance. We need to get our act together and FAST.

We're 40,000 volunteers. We're part of this campaign. Would you say these things if you were a paid employee of it? No. Are you here as a volunteer to be paid? No.

So let's start fresh and present good, welcoming face to the campaign. We are the ambassadors, so let's do it!

TheIndependent
10-04-2007, 12:40 AM
bump

Perry
10-04-2007, 12:54 AM
For the layman...Pissing people off makes them not like your candidate.

TheIndependent
10-04-2007, 12:55 AM
For the layman...Pissing people off makes them not like your candidate.

QFT (Quoted for truth.)

TheIndependent
10-04-2007, 11:07 AM
bump!

newmedia4ron
11-15-2007, 05:51 PM
Take Action!

billjarrett
11-15-2007, 05:59 PM
One of my personal favorites on the subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw5-GOG8SXo

:):):)