PDA

View Full Version : Congressman Stearns Opposes Cap and Trade

romacox
12-17-2009, 04:42 AM
Dear Mr. Cox,

Thank you for contacting me to express your views about a cap and trade system to limit greenhouse gases. I always appreciate hearing from constituents, and greatly benefit from knowing your views.

I have great concern that any U.S. cap and trade program would be rampant with fraud and abuse while achieving very little actual measurable reductions in green house gases. China has already surpassed the United States as the leading greenhouse gas emitter and India is not far behind them. Without equivalent efforts to limit these gases among China and India, the United States stands to lose hundreds of thousands of jobs to these countries, which will profit from unilateral action by the United States.

Instituting massive new regulatory burdens on utilities and manufactures will undercut the growth and innovation our economy so desperately needs. Fostering technology and scientific research across all sectors of the economy, not capping the economy and trading U.S. jobs, will guard our security and increase our energy independence. I believe that we need to innovate, rather than regulate, our way out of our current energy dilemma.

Thank you again for contacting me. If I can be of any further assistance on this or another federal matter, please do not hesitate to contact me. I also encourage you to visit my website to learn more about my views at www.house.gov/stearns. With kind regards, I am

Sincerely,

Cliff Stearns
United States Representative