PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul 2012 Sign Bomb

isrow
12-17-2009, 12:41 AM
Is there any interest in a sign bomb to publicize a probable 2012 campaign and to act as motivation for Dr Paul to consider running? After watching him on Morning Joe, Neil Cavuto and then Larry King it seems he gearing up to run again. This would be a great talking point for him to show his support and frankly it will scare the hell out of the establishment.

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-17-2009, 12:48 AM
I'm up for it!

CGeoffrion
12-17-2009, 01:10 AM
Wow this is an awesome idea. We can recycle old signs with some paint or if somebody knows of a cheap supplier I would be willing to chip in to get a bunch made to send out to anyone willing to put it up.

anaconda
12-17-2009, 01:59 AM
Cafe press has a lot of nice looking Ron Paul 2012 related bumper stickers available.

kathy88
12-17-2009, 05:27 AM
I'm in. I still wear RP stuff all the time.

isrow
12-17-2009, 11:33 AM
We need to pick a date so we can get a website up and running. I'm thinking about two months from now because it will take two weeks at least to get a site up and maybe six weeks to advertise to the grassroots. Do you guys think the signs should simply be Ron Paul 2012 or should we try to put his policies out there too? Also I think we should have a website on the signs, www.campaignforliberty.com?
Oh man this going to be fun. Imagine Lindsey Graham driving down the highway and passing by a Ron Paul 2012 sign :p.

Jordan
12-17-2009, 01:16 PM
I vote for Josh's signature as a sign.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/12onpaul.png

consise
12-19-2009, 01:44 PM
New 12on Paul 2012 song . Youtube Rise,Consise & Krookid 2012 .

CGeoffrion
12-19-2009, 03:03 PM
I just wish we would get even a hint that he is running....

If we put a lot of work into it and Paul decides against it that could fracture us yet again into a write in vs other candidates. I'm still all in for the signs though. At some point this weekend I'll try and make a nice stencil that will fit over the 2008 signs nicely for the conversion.

TheConstitutionLives
12-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Has anyone considered that he's too old to run and have a real shot? Other than for the educational aspect of running, he's too old. Enough people will never vote for someone that age. Might be better to use that money, time and energy on something/someone else, such as Congressional races, etc..

isrow
12-19-2009, 04:43 PM
I just wish we would get even a hint that he is running....

Dr Paul has stated he will run if there is a dollar crisis which appears to happening now. He is a smart man who has played the politics game for 30 years and he knows he has to time announcements and can't announce yet. He went to Iowa and South Carolina and worded the announcements to seem as if they are leading into a 2012 bid. Maybe it was just for publicity but there is no way he isn't considering it. That combined with how he is laying out his whole message on TV indicates to me he's getting ready. Even if he doesn't run this will still be great advertising for his message and will legitimize (even though he doesn't need that) his power as a politician with a mobilized base. All outcomes are good in my opinion.

Is there a website that we can refer people to that can appeal to all voters and lays out his positions?

dr. hfn
12-19-2009, 05:47 PM
WE should do a nationwide sign and billboard sign bomb

mstrmac1
12-20-2009, 01:00 AM

Finally, something worthwhile... Im in!

Romulus
12-20-2009, 07:25 AM
x2 count me in!

but this is very important:

We (or I) need to have ONE logo/sign/brand for Ron Paul 2012. BRANDING WORKS! Consistancy of message will resound with everyone. (case in point, the Ron Paul R3volution logo) which should be used WITH a new RP 2012 sign.
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/blogs/themedium/posts/ronpaulrev.533.jpg

So before we do this, lets all agree on a sign/logo.

UtahApocalypse
12-20-2009, 11:05 AM
x2 count me in!

but this is very important:

We (or I) need to have ONE logo/sign/brand for Ron Paul 2012. BRANDING WORKS! Consistancy of message will resound with everyone. (case in point, the Ron Paul R3volution logo) which should be used WITH a new RP 2012 sign.
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/blogs/themedium/posts/ronpaulrev.533.jpg

So before we do this, lets all agree on a sign/logo.

Here is my revised version. Just a very rough draft using a couple ideas including the 12on Paul

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa299/Utah4RonPaul/RP12.jpg

MRoCkEd
12-20-2009, 11:13 AM
Ron Paul 2012
DraftRonPaul.com

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Has anyone considered that he's too old to run and have a real shot? Other than for the educational aspect of running, he's too old. Enough people will never vote for someone that age. Might be better to use that money, time and energy on something/someone else, such as Congressional races, etc..

Shut up all ready. I'm tired of the broken record that is TheConstitutionLives. If you don't want to participate than don't. Stop trying to subvert those that do. GTFO!

As RR said: "I won't hold their youth and inexperience against them."

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-20-2009, 11:48 AM
Here is my revised version. Just a very rough draft using a couple ideas including the 12on Paul

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa299/Utah4RonPaul/RP12.jpg

I like it.

Romulus
12-20-2009, 11:54 AM
I think the 12 (R) looks a little hard to read... new comers wont understand it. my .02

isrow
12-22-2009, 10:49 PM
So let's talk dates. The date should be many months from now to allow time to spread the word, make signs and for the weather to improve. Is July 4th too far into the future?

evilfunnystuff
12-23-2009, 12:08 AM
im in

though i like the 12on sign myself i dont think alot of people will get it and its effectiveness will be limited to us internet nerds lol

i know the laws now and SHOULDNT get arrested this time around lol

Flirple
12-30-2009, 04:53 AM
The original revolution logo never said anything about a year or a political campaign in the first place for a reason. It spoke to something larger and was about way more than a political campaign. I don't think it needs to be "updated" at all. It is as relevant right now as it was early 2007.

If we want to post signs for a 2012 presidential run (or to try and encourage Ron to run) then we should indeed brainstorm on separate sign designs specifically for that.

I just always viewed the rEVOLution signs to be a separate but equal campaign to the official political one. Put another way...We lost the presidential political campaign (knocking on doors, getting people to the polls, focusing our efforts early in primary states, etc.). But at the same time, we succeeded with the viral mass education/ inspiration campaign (rEVOLution branding, tea party, moneybombs, blimps, limos, etc.)

Had we focused only on the political campaign and the tactics that help with that Ron would have likely done much better on election day but still lost and he would probably not have the influence he now does. The flip-side of that is if we had only focused on the viral marketing, blimps, rEVOLtion signs etc. he would have probably done even worse on election day while loosing some credibility.

I for one am very glad we diversified and split our efforts between the rEVOLution viral education techniques and the formal political campaigning techniques.

So what I'm saying is we should continue to use the Ron Paul rEVOLution logo exactly the way it is unchanged side-by-side to seperate updated 2012 campaign signs. To update the rEVOLution logo only devalues it. It implies that the rEVOLution failed the first time around. Nonsense! The rEVOLution was the one thing that was an overwhelming success and the proof is the media hits and co-sponsors that Ron is getting now as opposed to pre-07. The rEVOLution was never a political campaign. By using the original logo unchanged the unspoken message is clear:
We're stronger than ever!

Baptist
12-30-2009, 05:07 AM

word.

I'm in. I agree that we choose a date at least a few months out. Lets makes this sucker huge. Maybe we can add a pledge counter to the website? Pledges for fliers and pledges for signs.

I know that every block in my town will be covered.

What if we had something on there that shows Obama is a fraud? "Obama = Bush. Ron Paul 2012."

isrow
12-30-2009, 04:40 PM
I agree the revolution sign should stay unchanged and we should create a sign for this event that is specific to a 2012 run. How does the date of July 3rd sound?

Romulus
12-30-2009, 05:31 PM
July 3rd is a perfect target date for the Ron Paul 2012 sign bomb.

UtahApocalypse
12-30-2009, 06:14 PM
July 3rd is a perfect target date for the Ron Paul 2012 sign bomb.

Lots of time to really plan it and get signs made. Also means we still can focus on the congressional races at the same time.

Cap
12-30-2009, 10:51 PM
Double post

Cap
12-30-2009, 10:53 PM
I think we should move this to hot topics. To keep out prying eyes until the time is right.

isrow
12-31-2009, 01:14 PM
Since since is supposed to focus on a 2012 presidential run how about the sign slogan:
Ron Paul 2012
Refounding America

Romulus
12-31-2009, 03:17 PM
Since since is supposed to focus on a 2012 presidential run how about the sign slogan:
Ron Paul 2012
Refounding America

Thats a good one... if we are going to talk slogans.. move this to HT asap.

pacelli
12-31-2009, 04:17 PM
I think that the grassroots should be prepared for the potential of a Ron Paul 2012 run. But as people are developing their signs, flyers, slimjims, business cards, etc, please be prepared for the possibility of putting someone else's name on it. Because Paul isn't saying anything definitive, and just a couple months ago stated on the Alex Jones show that it is far too early to even think about doing it again. So while I am 100% for Ron Paul 2012, I do not want to be 4 steps behind the curve if he decides to endorse someone early in the game, instead of running himself.

It sounds strange, but I don't want Ron Paul to run if RON PAUL does not want to run.

Romulus
12-31-2009, 04:18 PM
It sounds strange, but I don't want Ron Paul to run if RON PAUL does not want to run.

No one does.. but we have to make it clear that we DO want him to run!

Baptist
01-13-2010, 03:51 AM
/bump

YouTube - 4409 -- First RON PAUL 2012 billboard...The Revolution Continues (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnUJGekaHEI)

dr. hfn
01-13-2010, 08:38 AM
Honestly, I don't think Ron running again will be good for the movement...what about End the Fed signbombs? or other random liberty quotes?

satchelmcqueen
01-14-2010, 09:35 PM
im in.

dr. hfn
01-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Debra Medina sign bomb?

Romulus
01-15-2010, 08:25 AM
Honestly, I don't think Ron running again will be good for the movement...what about End the Fed signbombs? or other random liberty quotes?

You've made that quite clear.. I dont know why you keep trolling on all the pro-sign bomb threads. Ron Paul 2012 is going to be huge.. if you dont want to be part of it, then dont and promote what youd like to see in another thread.. but stop griping about a good thing here..

dr. hfn
01-15-2010, 11:03 AM
You've made that quite clear.. I dont know why you keep trolling on all the pro-sign bomb threads. Ron Paul 2012 is going to be huge.. if you dont want to be part of it, then dont and promote what youd like to see in another thread.. but stop griping about a good thing here..

that was two days ago