PDA

View Full Version : Who should be person of the year?

Thrashertm
12-16-2009, 08:58 PM
I am having a hard time thinking of someone that has had a bigger impact on the year's events. The only ones I could think of could be Obama or Rahm Emanuel - whomever pushed the agenda on the stimulus bill, health care reform, and doubling down in Afghanistan. These are the issues that dominated the MSM outside of the financial crisis.

Bernanke is a good choice as he is leading the effort not necessarily to fix the economy as Time would have it, but rather to cover up all of the fraud and malinvestment in our phony economy that was starting to unravel. Perhaps another option would be the Chinese Premier, who continues to prop up the world economy by maintaining the dollar's shaky status.

I wish I could say that Ron Paul deserves the award...but that may have to wait for 2012...

Liberty Star
12-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Obama.

But it's really GOP as Obama had zero chance of election without a hurricane push from pro Iraqi freedom GOP, pro war evangelicals etc.

Flash
12-16-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm guessing the Tea Partiers will be the 'person' of the year for 2010.

__27__
12-16-2009, 09:05 PM
Ron Paul. And not just because I support him. If you look at what's happened in the world, what's changed, it's clear that he is at the forefront. Again, looking at it from their prospective, it isn't about who they like the best, or who they agree with the most, it's who made the most impact. Who else could it be? Ron has been authoring end the fed and audit the fed legislation for the better part of 2 decades with not one supporter on his side. No media attention, not one person acknowledging or listening to him. Now his bill has one of the largest co-sponsorhips of any bill, he's in the media on a daily basis, and he comes up in nearly every political discussion. Whether it's because people agree with him, or just people trying to dismiss him, no one person has had more impact this year IMO.

Thrashertm
12-16-2009, 09:15 PM
Ron Paul. And not just because I support him. If you look at what's happened in the world, what's changed, it's clear that he is at the forefront. Again, looking at it from their prospective, it isn't about who they like the best, or who they agree with the most, it's who made the most impact. Who else could it be? Ron has been authoring end the fed and audit the fed legislation for the better part of 2 decades with not one supporter on his side. No media attention, not one person acknowledging or listening to him. Now his bill has one of the largest co-sponsorhips of any bill, he's in the media on a daily basis, and he comes up in nearly every political discussion. Whether it's because people agree with him, or just people trying to dismiss him, no one person has had more impact this year IMO.

Get real. RP has been right on most everything, but he has had hardly any influence on mainstream world events. Very few people are aware of HR 1207.