PDA

View Full Version : Fox News covers the Feds taking control of every pond across America!

Matt Collins
12-16-2009, 06:47 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/12/14/private-property-clean-water-restoration-act/

MN Patriot
12-16-2009, 07:48 PM
This one certainly caught my eye.

I have some property in the country that I have been digging a pond on for 8 years. It is a part time weekend project, going to build the retirement castle next to it some day, or at least that is the plan.

This spring the Dept of Natural Resources contacted me and said I was violating the law. I've been digging the wet dirt out, piling it up to dry and hauling it away later. Can't do that, have to totally remove it from the wetland entirely. When I started there were no permits, now they require permits. The county Soil and Water guy came out to inspect and make his recommendations. I had to submit a plan and get the dirt moved out by the end of the year. My old excavator broke down, so I had to rent a big Cat and finish the project. Cost me a lot more than I had planned.

Jimmy Carter signed into law the Army Corps of Engineers have jurisdiction over all water, including swamps or any wetland. Of course many other government agencies are involved, the state DNR, EPA, county Soil and Water people, and who knows who else.

My project affects no one. It is in the middle of nowhere, no impact on the neighbors. These fascists will find any excuse to tax us or take our property.

Yet another example of why we need a revolution. During the worst depression in 70 years, the government has resources to fly helicopters around and take pictures of everyone's property. And of course the satellites have been taking pictures for years now, so Big Brother is watching.

dannno
12-16-2009, 07:50 PM
Shit... my roommates just dug two ponds in our backyard, each about 1.5' x 3'.. is there a minimum size??

kahless
12-16-2009, 08:13 PM
I really need to stop reading here. SOB's, it would have been nice to have a pond. Another dream lost at the hands of government. Unlike some of our ancestors that came here we cannot just leave for some new world to get away from this shit. The entire west has over time transformed to become like a Soviet block satellite. Were all stuck here living under an oppressive government and no one (other than maybe the forum members here) seems to fucking care to do anything about it.

We may need a revolution like you said and there is currently allot of outrage but there is no organized foundation for one. CFL needs to do more to get the message out. I should not be able to go out without seeing a CFL take political action poster. We sit back and do nothing we will be living a lifetime under an oppressive government. I am afraid if we do have a revolution it will probably be the Obama supporters demanding full blown Communism which the media and herds of sheep will likely fall right in line with.

Matt Collins
12-16-2009, 09:08 PM
I really need to stop reading here.

That will make things better :rolleyes:

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/head-in-the-sand.jpg

;):p;);););):cool:

LibertyEagle
12-16-2009, 09:42 PM
CFL needs to do more to get the message out. I should not be able to go out without seeing a CFL take political action poster. We sit back and do nothing we will be living a lifetime under an oppressive government. I am afraid if we do have a revolution it will probably be the Obama supporters demanding full blown Communism which the media and herds of sheep will likely fall right in line with.

Are you a participating member? The C4L is US, you know, and it will only be as effective as we make it.

Matt Collins
12-16-2009, 11:37 PM
Here IS THE BILL ITSELF!

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:S.787:

S.787
Title: A bill to amend the Federal Water Pollution Control Act to clarify the jurisdiction of the United States over waters of the United States.

WATERS OF THE UNITED STATES- The term `waters of the United States' means all waters subject to the ebb and flow of the tide, the territorial seas, and all interstate and intrastate waters and their tributaries, including lakes, rivers, streams (including intermittent streams), mudflats, sandflats, wetlands, sloughs, prairie potholes, wet meadows, playa lakes, natural ponds, and all impoundments of the foregoing, to the fullest extent that these waters, or activities affecting these waters, are subject to the legislative power of Congress under the Constitution.'.

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-17-2009, 12:43 AM
Here IS THE BILL ITSELF!

Do they understand that many of those bodies of water are not subject to the ebb and flow of tides? We have lake sloshes here in the Great Lakes, but they are the result of the climate, and not from tides. We do not have tides here in the Great Lakes. :p Well, theres the semantic/scientific part.

This is some goddamn bullshit. Hey folks, can we cut the charade of those who still believe people in this country have anything remotely considered private property? One would think:

#1 Taxation
#2 Eminent Domain (Kelo v New London, etc.)
#3 Building Codes and Regs
#4 This bullshit

Would have put an end to that absurd notion. (I decided to leave out the somewhat controversial Civil Rights Act, among other things)

Reason
12-17-2009, 01:32 AM
of course faux is covering it...

it fits their agenda

they certainly would not be covering it if it was happening under Bush

kathy88
12-17-2009, 05:29 AM
of course faux is covering it...

it fits their agenda

they certainly would not be covering it if it was happening under Bush

This is certainly true, but it will piss off a lot of people nonetheless. Which is a short term goal of this movement, n'est pas?

MN Patriot
12-17-2009, 05:32 AM
Water is another avenue for the fascists to take over our lives.

It falls as rain, and from there it goes downhill. Anywhere water runs or collects, the government needs to make sure its not polluted when it eventually gets to rivers and lakes.

So they need to hire more people to watch over us. Paid for with our taxes. Will the slaves citizens ever wake up?

kahless
12-17-2009, 11:06 AM
Are you a participating member? The C4L is US, you know, and it will only be as effective as we make it.

Yes I am but never see anything about going out and handing out fliers or putting up posters. CFL has been effective, just look at the progress made with HR1207. But at the rate things are moving I feel I will not see freedom in my life time. I really do not know what the answer is, maybe the free state project would be a choice to more effectively gain freedom sooner.

That will make things better :rolleyes:

Actually a few days with my head in the sand would probably do my long term health some good. I think from your emoticons you got that it was just an expression since my blood boils every time I read here.

Matt Collins
11-30-2013, 05:08 PM
And again:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?433934-EPA-power-grab-Pols-states-claim-new-water-reg-could-bring-feds-into-your-backyard

oyarde
11-30-2013, 05:22 PM
Shit... my roommates just dug two ponds in our backyard, each about 1.5' x 3'.. is there a minimum size??

lol, you have gold fish Danno ?

oyarde
11-30-2013, 05:23 PM
Here IS THE BILL ITSELF!

So , man made ponds are exempt ?

oyarde
11-30-2013, 05:27 PM

I have some property in the country that I have been digging a pond on for 8 years. It is a part time weekend project, going to build the retirement castle next to it some day, or at least that is the plan.

This spring the Dept of Natural Resources contacted me and said I was violating the law. I've been digging the wet dirt out, piling it up to dry and hauling it away later. Can't do that, have to totally remove it from the wetland entirely. When I started there were no permits, now they require permits. The county Soil and Water guy came out to inspect and make his recommendations. I had to submit a plan and get the dirt moved out by the end of the year. My old excavator broke down, so I had to rent a big Cat and finish the project. Cost me a lot more than I had planned.

Jimmy Carter signed into law the Army Corps of Engineers have jurisdiction over all water, including swamps or any wetland. Of course many other government agencies are involved, the state DNR, EPA, county Soil and Water people, and who knows who else.

My project affects no one. It is in the middle of nowhere, no impact on the neighbors. These fascists will find any excuse to tax us or take our property.

Yet another example of why we need a revolution. During the worst depression in 70 years, the government has resources to fly helicopters around and take pictures of everyone's property. And of course the satellites have been taking pictures for years now, so Big Brother is watching.

I have one of mine ( man made , was used as a water source along with the well when the place was built in the 50's ), that I intend to dig out deeper and stock ( just bull frogs in it right now ).I will also do it myself . The other is stocked with bass , bluegill , RedEar , Crappie , couple of grass carp.

Dr.3D
11-30-2013, 05:28 PM
Well, I'm glad it doesn't involved me. My pond is man-made and therefore, not natural by their definition.

oyarde
11-30-2013, 06:11 PM
Oh yeah , Hey Fed gubmit , all my waters belongs to me , kiss my ass :)

Dianne
11-30-2013, 06:25 PM

The Feds took over all the water, including the ocean when the current dictator came into office. Can't even have a frog pond, unless you get Barry's approval.

Dr.3D
11-30-2013, 06:37 PM
Does this mean I need to put a roof over my cement pond so they can't see it from the air?

heavenlyboy34
11-30-2013, 06:40 PM
Oh yeah , Hey Fed gubmit , all my waters belongs to me , kiss my ass :)
"ALL UR WATERZ ARE BELONG TO US!" ~Barry

Anti Federalist
11-30-2013, 08:13 PM
LOL...got the message yet?

You don't own shit, Mundane.

You are only allowed certain squatter's rights, determined by and granted solely at the whim of your rulers, and that is only as long as keep up your government rent payments.

Now, fuck off, before I SWAT raid you. - Officer Friendly.

heavenlyboy34
11-30-2013, 08:15 PM
LOL...got the message yet?

You don't own shit, Mundane.

You are only allowed certain squatter's rights, determined by and granted solely at the whim of your rulers, and that is only as long as keep up your government rent payments.

Now, fuck off, before I SWAT raid you. - Officer Friendly.
Yup, that. ^^