PDA

View Full Version : once again... we are not doing enough

cbc58
12-16-2009, 02:20 PM
we, as taxpayers, are not doing enough to hold our politicians accountable for watching our back and acting in our best interests.

the recent tax break given to citi is just another example of crony capitalism and how people with connections get things done irregardless of the consequenses to the American people.

i'm pissed but feel helpless. i call my congressman and senator, talk to my friends and try and get people to listen but this garbage keeps happening.

what can we do to REALLY get the problems fixed?... other than let the problem get worse til it reaches the point of no return and people are left starving, broke and wondering what happened? really... what can we do?

erowe1
12-16-2009, 02:29 PM
we, as taxpayers, are not doing enough to hold our politicians accountable for watching our back and acting in our best interests.

the recent tax break given to citi is just another example of crony capitalism and how people with connections get things done irregardless of the consequenses to the American people.

i'm pissed but feel helpless. i call my congressman and senator, talk to my friends and try and get people to listen but this garbage keeps happening.

what can we do to REALLY get the problems fixed?... other than let the problem get worse til it reaches the point of no return and people are left starving, broke and wondering what happened? really... what can we do?

You misunderstand the arrangement. It isn't the kings who exist for the benefit of their subjects. It's the subjects who exist for the benefit of their kings.

krazy kaju
12-16-2009, 02:30 PM
The only thing you can do for now is help get other people pissed off.

cbc58
12-16-2009, 02:40 PM
You misunderstand the arrangement. It isn't the kings who exist for the benefit of their subjects. It's the subjects who exist for the benefit of their kings.

seems like it. so what can we do about it instead of just making statements and writing opinons on message boards?

MN Patriot
12-16-2009, 08:09 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=223006

Seek the power!

kahless
12-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Everyone I know is bitching and moaning but hoping someone else will handle their protest for them will make a difference. Instead of bitching and moaning with them I say what are you doing about it, did you contact your senator or representative? I am surprised how few people are doing anything other than bitching amongst themselves.

I usually get some push back about it will not make a difference. I tell them if enough people did keep the pressure up they tend to back off a bit due to re-election concerns particularly if the pressure comes from their base. You do nothing then what do you expect the outcome will be.

ctiger2
12-16-2009, 08:53 PM
No, WE are doing enough. It's the 99% of the rest of Americans who aren't doing anything who need to wake the F up.

kathy88
12-17-2009, 05:05 AM
Everyone I know is bitching and moaning but hoping someone else will handle their protest for them will make a difference. Instead of bitching and moaning with them I say what are you doing about it, did you contact your senator or representative? I am surprised how few people are doing anything other than bitching amongst themselves.

I usually get some push back about it will not make a difference. I tell them if enough people did keep the pressure up they tend to back off a bit due to re-election concerns particularly if the pressure comes from their base. You do nothing then what do you expect the outcome will be.

The original post clearly states that he HAS done the legwork. Hence the frustration.

kahless
12-17-2009, 11:10 AM
The original post clearly states that he HAS done the legwork. Hence the frustration.

My post was NOT talking about the OP but my own personal experience relating to the OP 's frustration.