PDA

View Full Version : What if he loses?

gaazn
12-16-2009, 12:47 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Rand Paul pull a Lincoln, lose the Senate, and win the Presidency 2 years later.

Flash
12-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Doubt he would lose the general election.

hueylong
12-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Rand having a chance to run for President would be a lot more credible if we won the Senate Race.

Not likely he could 'pull a Lincoln' in the age of television.

Jeremy
12-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Lincoln was in Congress 2 years... and politics was different back then.

LibertyEagle
12-16-2009, 12:54 PM
It's way too early to be talking about losing.

After all this is MONEY BOMB DAY. :)

CasualApathy
12-16-2009, 12:56 PM
He'd have to start running immediately after getting elected to the senate and that might not sit too well with many people.

gaazn
12-16-2009, 12:57 PM
I'm not sure the USA can go through another Obama term. Nor can we wait until 2020 if Obama loses in 2012. It feels like 2012 is just right, all or none.

TheTyke
12-16-2009, 01:04 PM
I think he's a bit better at speaking and explaining his ideas than his father. In Grayson county the other day, he took dozens of tough questions and answered them really well! Obama won after just 2 years, but he had the media and the whole establishment behind him.

Nonetheless, there's no doubt he'd be able to make a good run at it.

Slutter McGee
12-16-2009, 01:11 PM
I'm not sure the USA can go through another Obama term. Nor can we wait until 2020 if Obama loses in 2012. It feels like 2012 is just right, all or none.

I think it depends on the progress we make in the 2010 congressional elections. If we can get true fiscal conservatives in office, even if they support the war, then we can probably stave off economic disaster and buy us more time. I am not saying we should be financially supporting candidates like Rubio, but these Demint types would be an incredible improvement. If we can get some true liberty candidates in office, then we can really start to gain more legitimacy and maybe be able to turn the party around on foreign policy. Either way we gain more time to spread the message and get the chance to elect real liberty candidates.

Now if this movement fails in 2010. By movement I not only mean the Liberty movement but also the fiscal conservative movement, then you may be right that 2012 is all of nothing.

But like was said. It is money bomb day. And I ain't drunk yet.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Thargok
12-16-2009, 01:39 PM
I will be in an ambulance with blisters covering my feet, hooked up to an IV and a feeding tube; sore, dehydrated and starving before I let this race slip through my fingers. And in saying that I doubt that I am alone.

So the question isn't "what if he loses?" it is "what's next after he wins?"

Flash
12-16-2009, 01:41 PM
I think it depends on the progress we make in the 2010 congressional elections. If we can get true fiscal conservatives in office, even if they support the war, then we can probably stave off economic disaster and buy us more time. I am not saying we should be financially supporting candidates like Rubio, but these Demint types would be an incredible improvement. If we can get some true liberty candidates in office, then we can really start to gain more legitimacy and maybe be able to turn the party around on foreign policy. Either way we gain more time to spread the message and get the chance to elect real liberty candidates.

Now if this movement fails in 2010. By movement I not only mean the Liberty movement but also the fiscal conservative movement, then you may be right that 2012 is all of nothing.

But like was said. It is money bomb day. And I ain't drunk yet.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Chuck DeVore is someone who can be a real ally to our cause if elected.