PDA

View Full Version : Need Help for book. Recent famous lies.

llepard
12-15-2009, 07:42 PM
Hi forum:

You guys are smarter and have better memories than I do.

A big part of the book I am writing is about how politicians lie to us constantly.

I want to have a one pager in the book.

Recent Famous Lies:

example.

"I did not have sex with that woman." Bill Clinton.

Any ideas??????

If you come up with one, site source and proof. Also, let me know if you want your forum name or real name in the acknowledgemnets in the book

Thanks.

L

TCE
12-15-2009, 07:56 PM
"Read my lips, no new taxes." H.W.

"We need to have a humble foreign policy." George W. Bush.

"Government intervention is the worst thing for the economy." GWB

tangowhiskeykilo
12-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Bump... I'd like to hear some of these famous lies.

paulpwns
12-17-2009, 08:50 AM
You must pursue this investigation of Watergate even if it leads to the president. I'm innocent. You've got to believe I'm innocent. If you don't, take my job.
Richard M. Nixon

Jeremy
12-17-2009, 08:57 AM
WMDs in Iraq.

Obama leaving Iraq.

No new taxes.

AuH2O
12-17-2009, 08:58 AM
"We need to have a humble foreign policy." George W. Bush.

"Government intervention is the worst thing for the economy." GWB

These aren't really lies, they're true . . . he just ignored them.

Elwar
12-17-2009, 09:17 AM
"There is a shortage of swine-flu vaccine."

Working Poor
12-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Read my lips...

thomj76
12-17-2009, 10:04 AM
It might not be famous yet, but Frank's comment last night on Larry King in regard to he and Democrats trying to stop what they had started....and they didn't stop it when Frank was being less than frank, or maybe he was being ultra-frank....Especially with his lover as the head of those risky affairs...in more ways than one even, legislatively speaking of course.

http://current.com/items/89377987_in-heat-barney-frank-has-love-affair-with-fannie-mae-worker.htm

LibertyEagle
12-17-2009, 10:20 AM
I'll have to look for the exact quote, but remember when Bush said that our invasion of Iraq would pay for itself in oil, or something to that nature?

AdamT
12-17-2009, 10:22 AM
"Iraq has weapons of mass destruction."
"The United States doesn't torture."

AuH2O
12-17-2009, 10:39 AM
How about probably the most famous "lie" of this year? During Obama's speech to the joint session when he said that illegals wouldn't be covered by gov't healthcare, and Joe Wilson called him on it.

Elwar
12-17-2009, 11:00 AM
Obama:

"Nobody making under $250,000 will have to pay more taxes"

“I will not use signing statements to nullify or undermine congressional instructions as enacted into law.”

FunkBuddha
12-17-2009, 11:11 AM
"I've abandoned free-market principles to save the free-market system," Bush told CNN television, saying he had made the decision "to make sure the economy doesn't collapse."

Arklatex
12-17-2009, 11:12 AM
"There is no reason for he kind of reaction we're getting, these fundamentals are sound, these institutions are sound, they have adequate capital, they have access to that capital, and this is a reason for people to have confidence in these GSEs, in Fannie and Freddie."

Dodd press conference July 2008

2:47 in this Peter Schiff vid:

YouTube - Peter Schiff Vs. Chris Dodd - Fannie and Freddie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A18zTHSxGHY)

FunkBuddha
12-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Bernanke: There's no housing bubble to go bust - 2005 (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/26/AR2005102602255.html)

hillertexas
12-17-2009, 11:46 AM
"I was born in Hawaii" :)

It sucks that Obama never actually speaks for himself anymore, but I think this denial from the White House concerning the threats against Senator Ben Nelson will become important:

http://whitehouse.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/12/16/white-house-on-rumors-about-offut/

Statement from WH Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer: “This rumor is absolutely false, as the people spreading it well know. This is nothing but a cynical, crass political game that is designed to maintain the status quo. Let’s be clear: the people spreading these falsehoods think nothing is wrong with a system under which families and businesses continue to bear the brunt of skyrocketing costs, insurance companies are allowed to discriminate and drop at will, and thousands of Americans lose their coverage every single day.”

Arklatex
12-17-2009, 10:44 PM
I'd have to look for the exact quotes, I remember listening to Obama's inauguration over the car radio and feeling sick while he gave a soliloquy about protecting the Constitution.

Edit: Can't find it.. maybe it was a different address.