PDA

View Full Version : My worthless senator responds to my letter about clomate chang w/ a form letter....

tangent4ronpaul
12-15-2009, 06:25 PM
Dear Mr. Tangent:

Thank you for getting in touch with me about international climate change. It's great to hear from you.

I am very concerned about global warming. Recent scientific evidence shows that globally averaged air temperatures at the Earth=s surface have become about 0.9
degrees F warmer over the last 100 years. Now is the time to address global environmental problems and work toward solutions. We must realize that these environmental and economic choices affect our society in many different ways. Cleaning up our past mistakes in regard to the environment is very costly. We can't afford to continue these mistakes, and then pass the bills on to others in the future.

I support international efforts to reduce the emission of "greenhouse gases.@ I believe the effort must truly be global if we are to make any progress. Developing nations are increasing their output of greenhouse gases at alarming rates. If we exempt them from the restrictions mandated for the industrialized nations, we will simply see a shifting of pollution, not a reduction. That=s why we need a global solution that requires developed and developing countries to share the responsibility.

I am glad to hear your views about the negotiations at Copenhagen in December 2009. These negotiations will result in an agreement among countries to combat the effect of climate change. This is the second international agreement on climate change. The Kyoto Protocol went into effect February 2005.

Thanks once again for writing. Please let me know if I can be of help to you in the future.

Sincerely,
Barbara A. Mikulski
United States Senator

paulpwns
12-15-2009, 06:30 PM
Your surprised?

Zippyjuan
12-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Congressmen get hundreds of pieces of mail so most of them get a basic form letter responce.

RSLudlum
12-15-2009, 06:49 PM
I get the same from Sen. Graham and Rep. Clyburn. But I must say I have recieved plenty of real replies when contacting DeMint and Gov. Sanford.

Bossobass
12-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Call and politely demand a personal response. Go meet the lady. E-mail every day and call once a week until her staff know who you are.

Our Congresswoman's staff CALLS US regularly with updates on issues that matter to us. That's because they are well aware of what we're concerned with after having met with her several times and being regular communicators of our concerns.

You might be surprised at what one family can accomplish. After all, she represents YOU, not the dolt who doesn't vote, doesn't even know who his Senator is and is busy finding out who got voted off the island.

I met personally with my Congresswoman early this year to let her know how important HR 1207 was to me. She told me that the bill didn't stand a chance. By the end of the conversation, she was completely informed as to the who, what, when, where and why of HR 1207.

2 weeks later she signed on as a cosponsor and had her staff call with updates.

BTW, it was a political function and I always promise to help her to remain my Rep if she agrees to actually represent me. When you make such a promise and you're wearing a Ron Paul lapel button, Republican Reps and Senators give you their undivided attention. :cool:

Same with Senators Dole and Burr. Burr's office regularly contacts us and he signed up for S604 in July. Libby was defeated in '08 and Hagen is a tough nut to crack, but we aren't letting up there, either.

Being that Mikulski is a Dem, I would probably promise to support the other side if she didn't get with the program, after I was sure she remembered who I was, which only comes from persistence and a positive attitude.

Bosso

coyote_sprit
12-15-2009, 07:36 PM
Congressmen get hundreds of pieces of mail so most of them get a basic form letter responce.

Another reason that 30,000 idea isn't half bad.