PDA

View Full Version : Leadville Colorado Marijuana Tonight

speciallyblend
12-15-2009, 04:26 PM
interesting update,nederland colorado,legalized marijuana and an annual Cannabis Festival and many other towns are taking positive actions;) I drove over there today. almost thinking i need to get some land there;)(others should to hint hint) The folks are nice and in majority support. I let a few know what was going on in Leadville and it even motivated them more;) going statewide in 2012;) who says marijuana smokers are not motivated;)
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/22221454/detail.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE UPDATE ,revolution continues;) http://www.theunionmovie.com/TheUnionWeb.html must watch and spread

I/We will be introducing town code changes on jan 19th to basically legalize marijuana and remove all penalties for adults...

If the town passes great,if they do not. then we will have their votes on record and will be removing those elected officials from office in 2010 or 2012,since a majority of leadville voters have voted in majority to legalize medical and personal on several ballots...

we will hold them accountable and will also present a non legal binding petition with more sigs, then folks voted in last election in our town!!!!;)

if they do not see the writing on the wall. then they will not be in office long!!!!!

Ron Paul 2012 or ELSE!!!!!!!! the revolution continues 2010
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________

630pm. I will be getting off work and we will be presenting changes to our local law on marijuana. This is basically setting up the resolution for the next town meeting.

This should pass,if not we will make sure the majority of voters hold their elected town officials for their votes on this issue.

If it passes, then our county will follow as well;) change is coming;) at least in lake county colorado...

once i get back from the meeting. i will update this thread on what happened!! peace kenny:D

speciallyblend
12-15-2009, 10:48 PM
in a nutshell, things went good, a few town members were dragging their feet and hiding behind regulate medical marijuana moratoriums. I hammered home that a majority of voters have already voted/wanted to legalize medical and personal for ADULTS 21 AND OVER. And that we would hold our elected officials accountable for their positions. (note my wife also spoke about medical marijuana(she has 14 fused vertebrae) her speech was pretty powerful..

so we will plan a meeting with the mayor and arrange for the laws to be changed in a timely matter. politics is never over night but from my discussions with town council members and county commissioners. the laws will change in our counties with the support of our elected members.

not sure when msm will pick this up,but probably after the fact. guess i am going to meet with the mayor next week;) i expect more to happen between jan and april. the planning and zoning board will meet on 4/20 hmmmmm;)

i would say this is going to be a win for we the people:) Colorado Rocks!!!!

Kotin
12-15-2009, 11:21 PM
well done.. you and your wife. :D

JeNNiF00F00
12-15-2009, 11:24 PM
how much does it cost to live in Colorado?

youngbuck
12-15-2009, 11:26 PM
Yea, good work man.

speciallyblend
12-15-2009, 11:34 PM

well depends on the area. it is not cheap if from rural areas and it is not expensive if your from a big city;) it is about the lifestyle in colorado mtns. If you like the active lifestyle and enjoy the great outdoors. you find away.

the cost of living in colorado is affordable.

i came to colorado for a week many years ago and never left, took me 3 yrs to get my car and stuff from out east.

speciallyblend
12-15-2009, 11:37 PM
Yea, good work man.

www.sensiblecolorado.org you going to saturdays event?? you should. this event is where you want to be on sat 1-4pm. info at www.sensiblecolorado.org

i plan to get our town some info on many issues on the marijuana movement on sat.

you should go. if so let me know your going will figure out a way to meet.

speciallyblend
01-05-2010, 08:54 PM
update. I/We will be introducing town code changes on jan 19th to basically legalize marijuana and remove all penalties for adults...

If the town passes great,if they do not. then we will have their votes on record and will be removing those elected officials from office in 2010 or 2012,since a majority of leadville voters have voted in majority to legalize medical and personal on several ballots...

we will hold them accountable and will also present a non legal binding petition with more sigs, then folks voted in the last election in our town.;)

if they do not see the writing on the wall. then they will not be in office long;)

Ron Paul 2012 or ELSE!!!!!!!! the revolution continues 2010;)

speciallyblend
01-09-2010, 05:01 PM
update, leadville citizens now have petitions all over town(only took 10 hrs). we know have 12-16 leadville citizens and several businesses also getting sigs for the petition on the streets until jan 19th. we are also asking our signers to attend the town meeting in person on the 19th;) of course i have 10 more days of work between my 40 hrs but Liberty isn't free.

the feed back has been great and many folks are stepping up to the plate to help. Our average voting total is around 573 voters and of those voters 72% support full legalization.We plan to have 200-600 sigs;)

If the elected officials are smart. they will pass this, anyone that votes against this if it passes or not. will be challenged and removed from their elected seat by the voters of Leadville..

also next month our elected county officials will also be changing county law;) so the elected town officials better remember on the 19th,that they are elected. We the People will remind them i assure you;)

if we succeed in our sigs and changing of law. we become the largest voting block in Leadville;)

Bruno
01-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Awesome work and thanks for the update!

phill4paul
01-09-2010, 06:34 PM
Great work! To both you, your wife and everyone else that is holding their elected officials accountable in the role of public servants to the people will!

HOLLYWOOD
01-09-2010, 06:36 PM
SB.... Excellent you Tea Partier!

PS: Where's the bouncing elephant avatar? That was the best!

Hey... Our Tag Team Tea Party push.. starting to come true, eh?

speciallyblend
01-09-2010, 10:12 PM
SB.... Excellent you Tea Partier!

PS: Where's the bouncing elephant avatar? That was the best!

Hey... Our Tag Team Tea Party push.. starting to come true, eh?

Everyone knows i support Ron Paul, we really don't talk about the republican party much. we just stick to the issues. 2010/2012 should be interesting.

I should be doing some radio interviews this week locally. I will try to post them if possible..

as i get info or interesting details. I will post them here. Gonna Get Interesting as Jan 19th approaches...

If the gop listens to Ron pauls Platform and actually applys it to their platform and our issues. They can win,only time will tell.

A very uniting issue would be legalizing marijuana,but the gop isn't even listening yet. Legalizing Marijuana is a winning issue in Colorado and our town and county. I guess there is a reason our republican party is about to go single digits if they do not change their ways soon...

BuddyRey
01-10-2010, 02:42 AM
Way to go, sb!

I keep wondering how many more states and localities have to legalize or decriminalize before one final changeover acts as the final coup de grāce.

One day, we'll suddenly find that these non-violent acts are legal in more places than they're illegal. What a brain-drain the more tyrannical areas will see then!

speciallyblend
01-10-2010, 10:41 AM
Way to go, sb!

I keep wondering how many more states and localities have to legalize or decriminalize before one final changeover acts as the final coup de grāce.

One day, we'll suddenly find that these non-violent acts are legal in more places than they're illegal. What a brain-drain the more tyrannical areas will see then!

it will be on state ballot in 2012 in Colorado;) and around 18-20 plus states, the writing is on the wall. loud and clear.

I encourage everyone to watch the movie, THE UNION and make sure they give copies to every town/county/STATE elected official. Then you remind them if they do not support common sense. then they will not be in office long...

We must hold all elected officials accountable for defending 70 plus yrs of lies and if they are unable to correct these lies against marijuana policy. then we have no need for them to be elected;)
if they will not reverse bad laws. then we need to remove them from office now!

if they/YOU(rpf members) watch THE UNION and are not for Legalizing Marijuana .then it is time to remove them from office yesterday,today and tomorrow and forever!!!!! bottom line.

anyone in our town that votes against legalizing marijuana will not be in office by 2010,2011,2012 or in the future. We the people in lake county colorado and colorado will make sure of that. that note is for the gop/cogop..... no ifs ands or buts

anyone against legalized marijuana cannot be trusted if they can defend 70 plus yrs of lies and propaganda. they cannot be trusted... VOTE'EM OUT

if they support marijuana prohibition. then they support lies and if they support lies. then they must be viewed as corrupt or a liar or mis-informed and if they spew lies and mis-information. Then we can only assume they are liars and not fit for office... if they support lies we can only asume they are one...

any gop candidate that does not support 100% legalized marijuana and a drastic change in our failed drug war.THen they will never get me or my family or ron paul republicans votes in Colorado. are you listening gop?? if not no worries you will alienate yourselves in the long run!

squarepusher
01-10-2010, 10:42 AM
California has a prop next year, 2010, for legalization

ItsTime
01-10-2010, 10:42 AM
Awesome SB!

I lived in Colorado for awhile (Colorado Springs) it was a lot cheaper than living in New Hampshire. I was renting an entire house for $750/month where as here it would cost $1500ish.

Chaohinon
01-10-2010, 10:47 AM
SB how close are you to Denver? I'll be arriving in Capitol Hill pretty soon and would like to look into organizing some civ-dis when I'm on my feet.

Danke
01-10-2010, 11:07 AM
SB how close are you to Denver?

Pretty sure he lives here (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Leadville, Colorado) or nearby, so around two hour drive.

Chaohinon
01-10-2010, 11:11 AM
:o

HOLLYWOOD
01-10-2010, 11:14 AM

So Does Nevada AGAIN... last round loss was 54-46% loss. getting traction and very close. Latest poll has it at a 50/50 split in NV

speciallyblend
01-10-2010, 11:58 AM
:o

yeah i am very close. do you ski or board???

speciallyblend
01-10-2010, 12:02 PM
So Does Nevada AGAIN... last round loss was 54-46% loss. getting traction and very close. Latest poll has it at a 50/50 split in NV

if we all vote, it passes. the anti-marijuana folks base is not growing and they are running out of misleading lies.

I think it has a very strong chance to pass in Nevada and Colorado in 2012. If We STAND UP it will pass with a majority vote and we all need to pay attention to which elected officials oppose us and use our voting block to remove them from office as well..

our county/city voters 72% support legalized marijuana,if elected officials cannot do the math, then they deserve to be ousted!!!

speciallyblend
01-10-2010, 12:06 PM

nice;) change is coming;)

oooo funny stuff here, i got told i was a global elitist and new world order supporter for decriminalizing marijuana. funny stuff;) so now we are global elitists. wonder if fox news brainwashed that person??:) lmfao

tell Ron Paul to call me, I will arrange a win in 2012 with the global elitists;)

must watch video http://www.theunionmovie.com/TheUnionWeb.html

BuddyRey
01-12-2010, 11:01 PM
oooo funny stuff here, i got told i was a global elitist and new world order supporter for decriminalizing marijuana. funny stuff;) so now we are global elitists. wonder if fox news brainwashed that person??:) lmfao

Who in the world would make an accusation like that, and what do they base it on?! :D

speciallyblend
01-12-2010, 11:18 PM
Who in the world would make an accusation like that, and what do they base it on?! :D

he assumed?? because i was trying to legalize marijuana?? that it is somehow the agenda of the new world order, trust me i just stopped talking and walked away, laughing to myself of course.

after this i guess i might be an elitists to;)
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=226394

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Next on the private property Natural Law agenda after marijuana should be legalization of all drugs. If Alcohol and Tobacco is legal, which kills more people than any other drug, the utilitarian arguement (after the moral one), is on our side. We have both arguements won, we need to pound on it.

speciallyblend
01-14-2010, 11:10 PM
interesting update,nederland colorado and many other towns are taking action;) I drove over there today. almost thinking i need to get some land there;)(others should to hint hint;) The folks are nice and in majority support. I let a few know what was going on in Leadville and it even motivated them more;) going statewide in 2012;) who says marijuana smokers are not motivated;)
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/22221454/detail.html

speciallyblend
01-18-2010, 05:09 PM
tomorrow is the big night working 40 hrs in the next 3 days, somewhere in between those shifts. we will present code change basically removing all marijuana penalities for adults....

we the people making change or in the future removing elected officials for subverting the will of the voters locally...

dannno
01-18-2010, 07:02 PM
This is going to be so huge if we can get a local municipality to pull this off... good luck!!

Just don't make a thread about bongs, lol

jkr
01-18-2010, 07:05 PM
and DONT leave out work place discrimination/ pee testing- it MUST go too.

speciallyblend
01-18-2010, 09:53 PM
and DONT leave out work place discrimination/ pee testing- it MUST go too.

haha, we are not there yet;) i will let private companies decide that, companies in colorado do not test usually unless you have an accident or are a pilot/truck driver... so drug testing not a concern in colorado. if marijuana smokers want a particular job. then they will quite smoking.... peeing in a cup is not a big issue here...