PDA

View Full Version : Nate and Trey vs U of L College Republicans

TruthisTreason
12-15-2009, 11:10 AM
UofL College Republicans respond to blog on debate
by Joe Arnold
Posted on December 15, 2009 at 10:52 AM
Got a very quick response from Andrew Carroll, the Chairman of the U of L College Republicans in the scrum over a potential GOP U.S. Senate debate between Trey Grayson and Rand Paul.
Again, in no way are the UofL College Republicans trying to "shame" Trey Grayson into debating. It's a shame if, in this country, encouraging debate has becoming "shaming" candidates into debating.
Additionally, I recognize Facebook's impersonal nature; however, I felt comfortable contacting both Nate Hodson and Jeremy Hughes via Facebook, as Nate Hodson has sent me Facebook messages during past campaigns and the current campaign asking for volunteers. Though impersonal, this is the way they have both contacted me; thus, I thought it was the best way to contact them, and evidently it was the best way to contact David Adams as evidenced by his quick response.

http://www.whas11.com/community/blogs/political-blog/UofL-College-Republicans-respond-to-blog-on-debate-79310047.html

tuco.sargent
12-15-2009, 11:42 AM
It is an even bigger shame that we couldn't have had promote this debate on campus HIMSELF in a speech he could have given on campus this year. It's good to see the College Republicans denouncing the supposed "shaming" of Gheyson into a debate on campus but the speech Jeremy Tyler had setup would have been the perfect primer for this. I hope Gheyson eventually agrees to having the debate and that the Rand campaign has it's schedule open for the event.

Malachi
12-15-2009, 11:45 AM
It is an even bigger shame that we couldn't have had promote this debate on campus HIMSELF in a speech he could have given on campus this year. It's good to see the College Republicans denouncing the supposed "shaming" of Gheyson into a debate on campus but the speech Jeremy Tyler had setup would have been the perfect primer for this. I hope Gheyson eventually agrees to having the debate and that the Rand campaign has it's schedule open for the event.

Would you stop crying on every thread about Rand Paul not coming to your college?

Wasn't he in your town that very day you are crying about at 3 events? I bet you didn't go to any of them...:rolleyes:

He has been to
EKU
UK
WKU
University of the Cumberlands

It doesn't appear he is dodging colleges, just that you are being an ass.

TruthisTreason
12-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Wasn't he in your town that very day you are crying about at 3 events? I bet you didn't go to any of them...:rolleyes:

4 counting the meeting with Mitch. :p

tuco.sargent
12-15-2009, 07:59 PM
Would you stop crying on every thread about Rand Paul not coming to your college?

He has been to
EKU
UK
WKU
University of the Cumberlands

It doesn't appear he is dodging colleges, just that you are being an ass.

FYI I didn't go to all three of the events because it was on a weekday on which I have to work full time and go to school. I don't have to be at every event Rand goes to in order for Rand to make a difference. I think it's hilarious that I'm being called an ass by someone with your history of posts on this site.

Rand Paul coming to UofL is an important event that should have happened sooner and I'm making everyone know that it was due to poor campaign management. My concern isn't that the campaign is deserting colleges, but Jefferson county in general. Every event that I've been to (until Goldberg came along as campaign coordinator for J-county) has been poorly managed. At the state fair we were constantly running low on supplies; as we were at the tea party in central park when we COMPLETELY ran out. I find this unacceptable given how much money Rand has raised through the moneybombs. I've donated to every moneybomb that Rand has had and gone door-to-door even when others wouldn't so I'll give criticism where I think it's due. The campaign so far has a poor history of managing events. If the campaign doesn't like it then they need to start coordinating these events better or get off the forums.

ChandlerJenkins
12-15-2009, 08:13 PM
edit

Malachi
12-15-2009, 08:13 PM
The campaign so far has a poor history of managing events. If the campaign doesn't like it then they need to start coordinating these events better or get off the forums.

I'm going to email this post to the campaign, because I'm pretty sure they know who you are. You are frankly no help to them and I will ask that you not be allowed to participate in campaign activities, for the sake of the campaign. You are a biased punk!

TheTyke
12-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Rand's spoken at over 120 places, sometimes being on the road for 14 hrs... it's amazing they've been able to post them all and advertise in time, let alone scheduling them all to begin with. I've really never seen a campaign keep up a pace like that!

Though I understand it is frustrating, for every scheduling conflict there are probably 20+ events that go like clockwork. This isn't the norm for the campaign, though it too, is run by humans. The initial lack of material has since been corrected, and now there seems to be plenty to go around.

Cheer up^^ Hopefully you can work out another event with them in the future.

rich34
12-15-2009, 09:57 PM
Come on fellas lets just try to work together the best we can.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm already telling people about Ron and Rand's rally in Louisville on Jan. 30th. If that event happens as it appears to be we need to fill that place up with a couple thousand people and really show the people of Kentucky just how much support Rand has. Btw I'll be coming from Charleston WV and bringing my wife and son along with me. If anyone is interested in meeting somewhere around my area and driving in together shoot me a pm.

TheTyke
12-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Come on fellas lets just try to work together the best we can.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm already telling people about Ron and Rand's rally in Louisville on Jan. 30th. If that event happens as it appears to be we need to fill that place up with a couple thousand people and really show the people of Kentucky just how much support Rand has. Btw I'll be coming from Charleston WV and bringing my wife and son along with me. If anyone is interested in meeting somewhere around my area and driving in together shoot me a pm.

You guys are awesome! :)

Jeremy Tyler
12-15-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm going to email this post to the campaign, because I'm pretty sure they know who you are. You are frankly no help to them and I will ask that you not be allowed to participate in campaign activities, for the sake of the campaign. You are a biased punk!

Feel free to e-mail. Goldberg(Louisville campaign coordinator) himself said that the campaign has poorly managed resources in Louisville. So send them something they already know malachi...and try to get tuco banned, then you lose money support and Louisville support. Especially since he goes door to door under Goldberg. I would say most people wouldn't say the campaign has been run perfectly (They have done a lot of good things and worked hard) but that's not to say they are without mistakes. So either we can acknowledge these mistakes and try to fix them so they don't happen in the future or we can get pissy every time someone brings up a mistake and continue the mistakes.

tuco.sargent
12-16-2009, 12:38 AM
Feel free to e-mail. Goldberg(Louisville campaign coordinator) himself said that the campaign has poorly managed resources in Louisville. So send them something they already know malachi...and try to get tuco banned, then you lose money support and Louisville support. Especially since he goes door to door under Goldberg. I would say most people wouldn't say the campaign has been run perfectly (They have done a lot of good things and worked hard) but that's not to say they are without mistakes. So either we can acknowledge these mistakes and try to fix them so they don't happen in the future or we can get pissy every time someone brings up a mistake and continue the mistakes.

I agree. We have to accept and learn from our mistakes in the past if we want the future to be better. Thanks.

tuco .. you're just a douche .. always hating on the campaign.

I campaign for them and donate my money to them. You FILM them............so WHY are you talking?..............

Go ahead and send the email. I'm sure Goldberg could use a good laugh.