PDA

View Full Version : Why do you believe the Earth is COOLING or getting HOTTER?

Free Moral Agent
12-15-2009, 02:31 AM
I just wanted to get a general poll of RPF members in regards to whether you believe in Global Cooling, Warming and its causes. Lets give the poll question a time span of within 100 years.

Those who pick other, please explain.

Trigonx
12-15-2009, 03:09 AM
Its cooling, i believe we are on a trend caused by nature. Just another cycle that is caused either by the sun or the earth itself. But it is not caused by man, that is for sure.

purplechoe
12-15-2009, 03:14 AM
Who voted for warming? In the last 15 years the hottest year was 1998.

Kludge
12-15-2009, 03:58 AM
The Earth decides how warm or cool it would like to be through means not yet discovered. Even though warming/cooling trends exist, worrying about them would be a mistake. The Earth, as a sovereign individual, surely knows what is best for it, and far be it from we parasites to demand of it the temperature we'd like.

dr. hfn
12-15-2009, 04:00 AM
Earth is warming due to Nature and Man.

Brooklyn Red Leg
12-15-2009, 04:19 AM
The Earth is cooling due to the Sun's plasma sheath changing (decreased sunspots) likely from lessening of the amount of energy flowing through the Birkeland Currents connecting it to the rest of the galactic 'circuit board'.

Mini-Me
12-15-2009, 04:29 AM
The Earth is slowly shifting its orbit and approaching tidal locking, whereafter the north pole will always face the sun and the south pole will always face away. This explains both global warming in the north and global cooling in the south. Yes, I just made that up. ;)

Seriously though, I don't think a conclusive single trend has been established, let alone all over the world (...let alone due to man in general, let alone due to emitting too much evil plant-food, i.e. carbon dioxide, in particular).

BenIsForRon
12-15-2009, 05:00 AM
It's warming, caused (in the past century) by man. Fossil fuels are humanity's crack cocaine.

Mini-Me
12-15-2009, 05:27 AM
It's warming, caused (in the past century) by man. Fossil fuels are humanity's crack cocaine.

I thought crack cocaine was humanity's crack cocaine? ;)

awake
12-15-2009, 06:04 AM
It is warming and cooling everyday, every season, all the time...The climate alarmists are not wrong about that aspect. However, the biggest and most successful lies contain a large portion of the truth with just a little bit of deception, just enough to gain the desired objective.

Climate change - absolutely. Global government as a solution needed to deal with this non emergency - absurd.

pcosmar
12-15-2009, 06:47 AM
I vote For Warming (no, I don't believe it is happening) It is Cold here.
I want a longer growing season and and a more temperate environment. Also a 700 foot rise in sea levels would increase my property values.
I vote to increase the temperature and up the CO2 levels and turn the earth into a green paradise.
The extra water from polar melt can be used it irrigate arid lands.

I am so sorry to find that Global Warming was just another lie. It had such promise. :rolleyes:

Brian4Liberty
12-15-2009, 07:07 AM
Solar activty, sunspots, magnetic fields and volcanos do far more than humans can do... We are in a relatively warm period right now. Humans will wish they could cause warming in the future (in the next 1000-100,000 years). It's not a pressing issue in human terms. Renewable energy is more urgent....

Isaac Bickerstaff
12-15-2009, 09:01 AM
Right now the northern hemisphere is cooling due to the portion of the earth's path around the sun where the north pole is pointed away from the sun and the result is the sun's radiation is a little more indirect with respect to the earth's surface. In several months, when the earth's tilted axis slowly points the northern hemisphere toward the sun again, we will experience hemispheric warming once again. It could be argued that since the earth's land mass is disproportionately concentrated in the northern hemisphere, the average temperature of the globe fluctuates depending on how well land absorbs/retains heat verses water.

Until we experience hemispheric warming again, I am doing my part to normalize my tiny little micro-climate by burning wood (and sometimes LP when it gets really F-ing cold like this morning) and using electric space heaters in my barn to keep the damn water pipes from freezing.

These things happen in the normal course of events. Global warming is real--it happens every year just after global cooling. Maybe we should just call it climate change--or is that too confusing? Are there people out there that are so egocentric and obtuse that they will believe mankind is doing it just because we have a label for it?

YumYum
12-15-2009, 09:11 AM
Carbon monoxide is what is killing us. You can't breathe in L.A.

pcosmar
12-15-2009, 09:32 AM
Carbon monoxide is what is killing us. You can't breathe in L.A.
It has been a few years since I was there but I could breath just fine.
If you can't breath there, get out. Move somewhere else. ;)

torchbearer
12-15-2009, 10:01 AM
in louisiana- over my lifetime- it has snowed once every 10 years.
It has now snowed in louisiana three years in a row- each time- the snow fall comes earlier and earlier.

Elwar
12-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Every dollar printed has a carbon footprint of 2.5 acres.

Bruno
12-15-2009, 10:05 AM
I vote For Warming (no, I don't believe it is happening) It is Cold here.
I want a longer growing season and and a more temperate environment. Also a 700 foot rise in sea levels would increase my property values.
I vote to increase the temperature and up the CO2 levels and turn the earth into a green paradise.
The extra water from polar melt can be used it irrigate arid lands.

I am so sorry to find that Global Warming was just another lie. It had such promise. :rolleyes:

I'm with you. :D

FunkBuddha
12-15-2009, 10:10 AM
It's warming/cooling because Al Gore and the climatologists said so.

BenIsForRon
12-15-2009, 06:20 PM
You should have added "Not sure if cooling or warming, but I'm sure man has nothing to do with it". I guarantee that would get the most votes.

JK/SEA
12-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Well if there is a global warming issue, i'm surprised i never read about the HUGE magma chamber in the center of the Earth being a factor.

Anyone want to volunteer to go check it out...?

Zippyjuan
12-15-2009, 07:21 PM
The theory of global warming is a bad term. They say that parts of the planet will be drier and hotter and some will be cooler and wetter- the whole planet does not get hotter in all places even under their theory. I grew up in Colorado and now live in SoCal. From my lifetime experience, this part of the country is warmer and drier than we used to be. Or maybe it is kind of like high school- it looks better the farther away from it you are. You remember the big events- the basketball championship, the dances or the really big snowfalls and heavy rains instead of the more normal days when nothing really happened and you got picked on in the cafeteria by the seniors.

The trillion dollar question is can or should we try to do something about it. Trying to "change" the weather in the future is a highly costly and even iffy thing. If you are wrong, you won't know until it is too late- either you spent trillions when you did not need to or you did not do enough. What I think is how we used to think about the weather- talk about it but just deal with what it gives you. If one part starts getting flooded or too hot- move, Then only the effected areas face the costs and consequences rather than everybody paying for what "might" happen.

At the same time, I think it is a good thing to encourage treating the planet better- it is our only home. Using resources like energy in more efficient ways is a good thing. Creating less waste is a good thing. Ideas like "carbon credits" and "cap and trade" are silly wastes of time and money. They may make politians feel good but don't really acomplish anything. Planting trees in Brazil will not offset building a new factory in Pittsburgh. The air from those two sources are not going to mix. Electric cars sound nice and cool but where are you going to get the electricity from to power them up? Are more coal fired electrical plants really a better idea than just more efficient cars or living closer to work so you don't have to drive as far?

ctiger2
12-15-2009, 07:40 PM
It's a Solar cycle. Man is just making the cycle a bit more extreme to hot/cold. The SUN is in charge.

http://www.institutionaladvisors.com/pdf/090406-Update_on_Global_Warming.pdf

pcosmar
12-15-2009, 08:07 PM
It is warming because we release green house gases, take a look at our sister planet Venus, which at one point was believed to be an earth like planet, but run away greenhouse gas effect has made that planet the hottest planet in our solar system, even hotter then Mercury.

:confused:
Say what?

Zippyjuan
12-15-2009, 08:43 PM
:confused:
Say what?
http://www.universetoday.com/guide-to-space/venus/venus-greenhouse-effect/

As you probably know, carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas. Various wavelengths can pass through this invisible gas, but it's very effective at trapping heat. Light from the Sun strikes the ground of Venus, and warms it up. The ground tries to radiate heat back into space but the carbon dioxide traps much of it around the planet keeping it so warm. This is the same thing that happens when you keep your car windows closed on a hot day.

Scientists think that Venus used to be more similar to Earth, with lower temperatures and even liquid water on the surface of the planet. At some point, billions of years ago, the planet started to heat up. At some point, all the water on the surface evaporated into the atmosphere. Water vapor is an even more powerful greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide and this caused temperatures to rise even more. Then the surface of Venus got so hot that the carbon trapped in rocks sublimated into the atmosphere and mixed with oxygen to form even more carbon dioxide. And so today we have a carbon dioxide atmosphere on Venus which is 92 times more dense than Earth's atmosphere at the surface

Carson
12-15-2009, 08:44 PM
It's a Solar cycle. Man is just making the cycle a bit more extreme to hot/cold. The SUN is in charge.

http://www.institutionaladvisors.com/pdf/090406-Update_on_Global_Warming.pdf

I've been watching charts and graphs related to solar activity for years. The last couple of years the activity has been so low I've often thought our measurement devices were busted.

If you want to see a short video that puts the hockey stick global warming chart in perspective check this out.

Climategate: the video everyone should see

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100019671/climategate-the-video-everyone-should-see/

BenIsForRon
12-15-2009, 10:07 PM
The theory of global warming is a bad term. They say that parts of the planet will be drier and hotter and some will be cooler and wetter- the whole planet does not get hotter in all places even under their theory. I grew up in Colorado and now live in SoCal. From my lifetime experience, this part of the country is warmer and drier than we used to be. Or maybe it is kind of like high school- it looks better the farther away from it you are. You remember the big events- the basketball championship, the dances or the really big snowfalls and heavy rains instead of the more normal days when nothing really happened and you got picked on in the cafeteria by the seniors.

The trillion dollar question is can or should we try to do something about it. Trying to "change" the weather in the future is a highly costly and even iffy thing. If you are wrong, you won't know until it is too late- either you spent trillions when you did not need to or you did not do enough. What I think is how we used to think about the weather- talk about it but just deal with what it gives you. If one part starts getting flooded or too hot- move, Then only the effected areas face the costs and consequences rather than everybody paying for what "might" happen.

At the same time, I think it is a good thing to encourage treating the planet better- it is our only home. Using resources like energy in more efficient ways is a good thing. Creating less waste is a good thing. Ideas like "carbon credits" and "cap and trade" are silly wastes of time and money. They may make politians feel good but don't really acomplish anything. Planting trees in Brazil will not offset building a new factory in Pittsburgh. The air from those two sources are not going to mix. Electric cars sound nice and cool but where are you going to get the electricity from to power them up? Are more coal fired electrical plants really a better idea than just more efficient cars or living closer to work so you don't have to drive as far?

It's not all about more efficient technology. Most of the equation will have to be a retooling of our society, especially in America. People need to buy local food, live closer to where they work, and design their homes to use much less electricity.

The question is, do want to go ahead and start the transition while we still have resources? Or do we want to wait until oil is $1,000 a barrel to get started?

Brian4Liberty
12-15-2009, 10:16 PM
It is warming because we release green house gases, take a look at our sister planet Venus, which at one point was believed to be an earth like planet, but run away greenhouse gas effect has made that planet the hottest planet in our solar system, even hotter then Mercury.

Our "sister" planet Venus is also a bit closer to the sun...that makes a difference.

torchbearer
12-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Our "sister" planet Venus is also a bit closer to the sun...that makes a difference.

It is the CO2 that cause the extreme heat on Venus, but that isn't what is happening to earth.
CO2 only makes up .003% of our total atmosphere. Water vapor has more of an impact than CO2 every could.

On the other hand Venus atmosphere is 96.5 % CO2.

No matter how much we try- we- as humans could not get our atmosphere to those numbers.

Abraham is a product of propaganda. I heard the same schtick in school. They didn't point out the atmospheric differences between the two planets and how much CO2 it would take to cause a problem.
Those are convenient facts they leave out.

Zippyjuan
12-15-2009, 10:35 PM
It's not all about more efficient technology. Most of the equation will have to be a retooling of our society, especially in America. People need to buy local food, live closer to where they work, and design their homes to use much less electricity.

The question is, do want to go ahead and start the transition while we still have resources? Or do we want to wait until oil is $1,000 a barrel to get started?

I started before it was "cool". I don't work out of my home but can walk there in about three minutes. I don't own a car. My utility bill runs about $30 a month (not including water). Part of that is luck and living in a moderate climate. Yeah, I used to be a "global warmer" but have come to agree with the solar cycle theory.

BenIsForRon
12-16-2009, 01:05 AM
I started before it was "cool". I don't work out of my home but can walk there in about three minutes. I don't own a car. My utility bill runs about $30 a month (not including water). Part of that is luck and living in a moderate climate. Yeah, I used to be a "global warmer" but have come to agree with the solar cycle theory.

That's pretty cool. It sucks that in many towns nowadays poor people have to live well outside the city, because that is where rent is cheaper. So they end up spending a large portion of their income on gas.

Honestly, that's where the debate needs to be going. Why are so many people dependent on fossil fuels, and what can be done about it? That way, global warming is out of the picture, and people can find some common ground.

Brooklyn Red Leg
12-16-2009, 02:05 AM

Sorry, unsubstantiated bullshit based on the flawed Nebular planetary formation. Venus is possibly a young planet, younger than the Earth, which has yet to cool down. Every time we look at the planets, more than more gaping holes are blown into the accepted theory. Runaway greenhouse effect is one of the most nonsensical ideas being espoused as 'fact'.

Free Moral Agent
12-18-2009, 03:20 PM
bump

torchbearer
12-18-2009, 03:34 PM
As I stated, Mercury is closer to the Sun, around .46 AU to the sun, and Venus is .72 AU from the Sun. So that has very little to do with it, in fact Venus was once well in the habitable zone millions of years ago.

CO2 levels are rising ever since the industrial revolution.
http://session.masteringastronomy.com/problemAsset/1100266/10/1100266_10.01_A.jpg

Rising from what? .002% to .003% over the last millenium?
Long way from 96.5% CO2 like venus.

torchbearer
12-18-2009, 03:39 PM
and for those worried about atmospheric composition. oxygen warms the planet too. i guess that's another thing government needs to tax and regulate.
nitrogen cools the atmosphere so i guess we should be releases nitrogen to counterbalance the oxygen, water vapor and co2.

Bruno
12-18-2009, 05:45 PM
Global Warming Skeptics Handbook II - great read. Disputes hockey stick graph and many other claims.

http://joannenova.com.au/globalwarming/skeptics-handbook-ii/the_skeptics_handbook_II-sml.pdf

LibForestPaul
12-18-2009, 07:32 PM
The science points to warming trend. But this is just returning to the norm (as we were in a cool period). I hope that it continues to warm. Past history shows warm periods result in human and species growth and prosperity.

LibForestPaul
12-18-2009, 07:33 PM
The only danger from more warming is polar cap opening up shipping regions. Nothing like a fight between Russia, Canada, US and parts of Euro to mix things up a bit.

Ninja Homer
12-18-2009, 08:07 PM
The Earth cools and warms, and it goes in cycles. It has somewhere between very little and nothing to do with human influence, and absolutely nothing to do with a little extra carbon in the air. Right now it's actually hard to tell for sure if it's in a cooling cycle or a warming cycle, because the global warming fanatics have been screwing with all the research data.

The real answer to global warming (and cooling) lies in the study of solar radiation, solar variation, and galactic cosmic rays.

kahless
12-18-2009, 09:40 PM
If you are looking for 100 more reasons...

100 reasons why climate change is natural and not man-made
http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/146138

Srg1
12-19-2009, 06:48 AM
Al gore and David rothschild told me it was manmade.SO MANMADE!!!

Bruno
12-19-2009, 08:29 AM
If you are looking for 100 more reasons...

100 reasons why climate change is natural and not man-made
http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/146138

Thanks for that link, kahless! Shared on FB

BenIsForRon
12-19-2009, 08:32 AM
Al gore and David rothschild told me it was manmade.SO MANMADE!!!

Oh yeah?!?! Well Dick Cheney and Sean Hannity told me it was cooling so I'm going with that.

torchbearer
12-19-2009, 12:32 PM
You guys are not understanding, for 4 billion years Earth did not have machinery, toxins, pollution, cars, airplanes, wars, nuclear bombs. This is a very unnatural cycle and unless we start to clean up our fossil fuels we are headed for an ugly brown Earth in which every human must wear a face mask. I hope none of us would see that as being okay.

did you know the artic ice cap almost completely melted in the early 1800s before industrialization.
someone posted on here English Naval reports that showed new shipping lanes opening north of canada.
they had the great warming of the post medievel period- pre-industrial
they had a mini-ace age that lasted up to the very start of our american revolution. pre-industrial climate change.

there was a time grapes were grown in northern england. the only surviving strain of those grapes are in california now. all that happened prior to industrialization.

how about read some history some time? turn off the tv.

torchbearer
12-19-2009, 12:54 PM
Read my post on page 2. What I am saying is that on our current projection when India and China become even larger and even more hungry for resources our atmosphere will be unsafe and filled with toxins. The Earths human population is growing out of control, but instead of having a hegemonic view on what we can do to stop population increases we are taking a look on how to make technology and industry be more Earth friendly.

I don't get my info from TV, but from professors in classrooms, but I'm sure the TV would be more reliable than the internet.

I don't want Earth to turn into this.
http://images.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=tbn&q=http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/getaways/122597/art/birdpix1.jpg&usg=AFQjCNGdt-oCZbQNkWiSbxh-jp2i4Toxsg

you know- we could fix this problem by killing off a large part of our population.

Aratus
12-21-2009, 09:36 AM
due to the atlantic equivilency of lake effect snow via a mechanism concerning precipitation
and a system dump, D.C has seen a 1.5 to 2 foot arrival of blizzard driven snow, almost as if
D.C is seeing something more familiar to chicago-ites! this is as our potus returns from denmark...

Bruno
12-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Read my post on page 2. What I am saying is that on our current projection when India and China become even larger and even more hungry for resources our atmosphere will be unsafe and filled with toxins. The Earths human population is growing out of control, but instead of having a hegemonic view on what we can do to stop population increases we are taking a look on how to make technology and industry be more Earth friendly.

I don't get my info from TV, but from professors in classrooms, but I'm sure the TV would be more reliable than the internet.

http://images.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=tbn&q=http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/getaways/122597/art/birdpix1.jpg&usg=AFQjCNGdt-oCZbQNkWiSbxh-jp2i4Toxsg

I think you have identified the source of your misunderstanding in bold.

MelissaWV
12-21-2009, 09:47 AM
The question wasn't about whether or not pollution is icky. I also don't want to live in a smoggy city, so I don't. I will avoid cities that build stupidly. There are too many cities made almost exclusively of pavement and buildings, with very little green space or environmental considerations.

No, the question was about whether or not that smoggy city is causing worldwide climate flux. I do believe pollution is causing LOCALIZED climate change, which is to say there are certainly areas of our planet which are getting hotter due to their own stupidity. Paving over a huge area, adding a bunch of cars and construction projects, painting everything dark colors, removing all the local trees and wildlife (and usually replacing it with non-native crap)... it's not going to be good for your area.

I do not believe that as a whole, our planet is seeing a significant nudge in any particular direction as a result of our activities, though. The current noise reminds me of how, when I was in school, we were told the "rain forest" (vague) was the "lungs of the earth" and if they were cut down, we would all die! Well, actually, the far less glamorous ocean surfaces are responsible for more of our "breathing" as a planet. Details, details. Mother Nature has been through way worse than this. Volcanoes, for example. I also wouldn't want to live near one of those, or downwind from one. Have you SEEN the pollution that causes? Phew! I shouldn't speak too soon, though; they might want to shove a giant cork in all the volcanoes.

paulitics
12-21-2009, 10:09 AM

You are being brainwashed by profesors who are socialists who have NO real world experience, but live in some alternate reality that think they know what is best for society as long as it is not them who live by their own rules. Just because the B.S comes form a textbook or professor does not make it right. Any textbook that is implying that we need to save the earth from ourselves, by population control, lower standard of living, etc.....is B.S propaganda.

CO2 is not a pollutant. The human population is not out of control. We will not be wearing gas masks because of harmless CO2. We may be wearing gas masks for other reasons, but not because of carbon emissions.

And if you think the TV spoon feeding you information is more reliable than the internet where you are in control of the information is sad, but quite telling.

As Einstein once said, "Never let your education get in the way of your learning".
How right he was.

BenIsForRon
12-21-2009, 10:22 AM
The question wasn't about whether or not pollution is icky. I also don't want to live in a smoggy city, so I don't. I will avoid cities that build stupidly. There are too many cities made almost exclusively of pavement and buildings, with very little green space or environmental considerations.

No, the question was about whether or not that smoggy city is causing worldwide climate flux. I do believe pollution is causing LOCALIZED climate change, which is to say there are certainly areas of our planet which are getting hotter due to their own stupidity. Paving over a huge area, adding a bunch of cars and construction projects, painting everything dark colors, removing all the local trees and wildlife (and usually replacing it with non-native crap)... it's not going to be good for your area.

I do not believe that as a whole, our planet is seeing a significant nudge in any particular direction as a result of our activities, though. The current noise reminds me of how, when I was in school, we were told the "rain forest" (vague) was the "lungs of the earth" and if they were cut down, we would all die! Well, actually, the far less glamorous ocean surfaces are responsible for more of our "breathing" as a planet. Details, details. Mother Nature has been through way worse than this. Volcanoes, for example. I also wouldn't want to live near one of those, or downwind from one. Have you SEEN the pollution that causes? Phew! I shouldn't speak too soon, though; they might want to shove a giant cork in all the volcanoes.

Most of what you just said is correct... yet you don't believe AGW. I'm having trouble seeing the disconnect here. Do you not believe CO2 is greenhouse gas? Or do you think it makes up to little a part of the atmosphere to have an effect?

MelissaWV
12-21-2009, 10:33 AM
Most of what you just said is correct... yet you don't believe AGW. I'm having trouble seeing the disconnect here. Do you not believe CO2 is greenhouse gas? Or do you think it makes up to little a part of the atmosphere to have an effect?

I believe that what we do has an effect on the atmosphere. I don't believe it has a significant effect on the atmosphere. I certainly don't believe it eclipses natural phenomenon, and our usual cycles of heating/cooling.

I do believe we should be looking for alternatives to our current methods of belching smoke and pollution out of vehicles and factories. I do believe that the Government making Environmentalism its new pet project is going to set us back quite a ways in getting real change accomplished on the issue.

If people had wanted to be practical, we would have solved this ages ago. The trouble is the world's good intentions will kill us all. Curbside recycling's an excellent example. I remember when those big, nasty recycling trucks used to rumble through the neighborhood once a week when I was a kid. They were spewing toxic exhaust, burning up gasoline, stop and go stop and go stop and go, all to pick up newspapers and paper bags from every other house or so. The paper was then taken back to a planet that recycled it, cost a whole bunch of money, and led to its own water/air pollution. The paper was put into, mostly, hideous looseleaf paper and toilet paper that no one was going to use. Common sense would dictate that it was a bad execution of a good idea. The Government doesn't have much common sense.

Of course, at the same time, you have people whose houses are outfitted with solar arrays and are producing more power than they use, selling the surplus back to the power company. You have homes that now tend to have the water heaters that only heat the water you need, when you need it. You have the energy-efficient windows. When people have incentive, they move towards "cleaner" technology, but the Government can muck it up bigtime (Cash for Clunkers, anyone?).

All this is off-topic from what you asked, but I'm all for cleaning up and making things better. I'm not for force and coercion. I certainly don't think it's the matter of life and death people want to make it out to be. I wish cool heads and common sense would come to the forefront, and new technology would be allowed out and about to help us live cleaner and more efficiently. :)

BenIsForRon
12-21-2009, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I totally agree that most progress is going to come in the private sector, with individuals making responsible choices about reducing their consumption.

There is a role for government at the local level, though, and this is why I'm going to try to run for local office in the future. Zoning laws need to be reformed, big time. Just about every town in America has the UDO (United Development Ordinance) designed around one thing and one thing alone: economic growth.

This narrow focus leaves out really important considerations, like resource usage and the integrity of the ecosystem. So we need to start pressuring our local officials to do in the future is overhaul their UDO's to favor things like mixed use development (business and residential areas together) and less suburbs. This way, more people will be able to afford to live in the city, and be in walking/biking distance of everything they need. This leaves rural areas open to people who will either grow food on it or otherwise take good care of it. Not build another Costco or cookie cutter residential development.

So yeah, I think that's the kind of direction that will help improve the environment as well as the overall quality of life for people. Of course, this needs to be done alongside massive reduction in the size of the federal government, with them getting out of the agriculture subsidy business altogether.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
12-21-2009, 12:09 PM

Jacob blessed his 12 sons (the nations) with his touch while the Lord Jesus Christ blessed the nations with His gospel. To me, this means the Almighty blessed the development of the social contract, the concept of positive government started in ancient Greece by Socrates. This means we should be trying to find a way to make national governments work for the benefit of everyone's happiness.
Reading the Declaration of Independence carefully will convince one that this was the existential intentions of our Founding Fathers. Behind the cruel reality that we live is a greater Truth. This is what is important.
Aside from this, the first commandment given by the Almighty in the Garden of Eden was for man to be fruitful and multiply. This means that we should profit in our lives while having children.

BenIsForRon
12-21-2009, 12:21 PM
This means that we should profit in our lives while having children.

What are you saying here?

It's OK to pollute ecosystems as long as we make money for ourselves and have children?