PDA

View Full Version : Liberal radio show interviewed me today

Matt Collins
12-14-2009, 10:14 PM
I was interviewed on Vanderbilt University's radio station, WRVU, today on the Liberadio (http://www.liberadio.com/) show. The discussion was quite lively and topical but was largely about the Republican Party.

You can both listen to and watch the interview here:
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/3086253
(I start about 15 minutes into the broadcast)

You can find some selected quotes of mine here:
http://twitter.com/liberadio

After my segment a listener called in during the break and told Mary (the host) to tell me that they "appreciated finally hearing a rational conservative". ha ha ha ha. That made my day. :D

Reason
12-14-2009, 10:55 PM
After my segment a listener called in during the break and told Mary (the host) to tell me that they "appreciated finally hearing a rational conservative". ha ha ha ha. That made my day. :D

:cool:

Bruno
12-14-2009, 10:57 PM
Good interview, Matt

TheConstitutionLives
12-15-2009, 12:03 AM
Matt LOVES to promote himself, doesn't he? He's like a mini AJ.

legion
12-15-2009, 12:22 AM

yeah, how dare he get interviewed about that thing that happened to him. what a sell out.

Liberty Star
12-15-2009, 12:37 AM
Good interview Matt, just take the message out anywhere regardless of the labels.
You've already accomplished a lot by engaging political machinery of GOP and by standing up for your convictions. Personally I would have shaken the hands of the bastard who voted for the spending extravaganza but I have more respect for you than those who used that to get you out of your GOP position.

purplechoe
12-15-2009, 12:57 AM

and you're like a mini Sarah Palin... :rolleyes:

Good job Matt!!!

haaaylee
12-15-2009, 01:17 AM
yeah, how dare he get interviewed about that thing that happened to him. what a sell out.

But do we all have to hear about every little thing that happens to him, or every article written that mentions his name, every day?

he wasnt saying he is a sellout, just that this is getting annoying. . .

Brooklyn Red Leg
12-15-2009, 01:42 AM
Nice interview Matt. I think you handled the Abortion loaded question quite nicely.

purplechoe
12-15-2009, 01:54 AM
27? I thought you were a bit older... :) I guess you seem more mature than your age... ;)

purplechoe
12-15-2009, 02:34 AM

I was right about the mini Sarah Palin comment, I found a comment by this genius on youtube:

YouTube - SA@TAC - What is Sarah Palin? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RgW5tgDIxY)

"TheConstitutionLives (1 day ago) Show Hide
Marked as spam
@tennbubba

(rolling eyes) She's not a leader given to us by 'globalist elites'.  The GOP establishment doesn't like her. If she was presented to us by 'global elites' wouldn't the establishment like her? Duh!"

Who can argue with such a brilliantly presented position... :rolleyes:

Next thing you know he's gonna tell us that Sean Hannity is a constitutionalist! :rolleyes:

Go read a book...

LibertyEagle
12-15-2009, 06:01 AM
I was right about the mini Sarah Palin comment, I found a comment by this genius on youtube:

"TheConstitutionLives (1 day ago) Show Hide
Marked as spam
@tennbubba

(rolling eyes) She's not a leader given to us by 'globalist elites'.  The GOP establishment doesn't like her. If she was presented to us by 'global elites' wouldn't the establishment like her? Duh!"

If Palin is not liked by the Republican establishment, why is she invited to the Southern Republican Leadership Conference, along with the likes of Newt Gingrich, Huckabee, Hannity and Rick Perry?

http://www.srlc2010.com/

Matt Collins
12-15-2009, 11:39 AM
Good interview, Matt
I need to work on my speech pattern and my body language. I didn't originally know I was being filmed too otherwise I would've dressed a bit nicer and looked into the camera more. Perhaps I should sign up for my local Toastmasters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toastmasters) group.

Andrew-Austin
12-15-2009, 11:50 AM
But do we all have to hear about every little thing that happens to him every day?

"I was interviewed!"
"People don't like me!"
"I ate breakfast!"
"This random article mentioned something kind of related to me."

It isn't about being a sellout, it is about being annoying.

And full of yourself.

We don't sit on the edge of our seats waiting to hear what happened to Matt.

We reserve that for Ron. ;)

I don't have the interest in working within the Republican party like Matt does, but I am a bit interested to hear about his experiences in politics none the less. You don't have to read or acknowledge anyone's posts.

Elwar
12-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Just as long as you understand that the left is using you to highlight a possible crack in the Republican Party and don't care one bit about what they did to you.

Bruno
12-15-2009, 12:19 PM
I need to work on my speech pattern and my body language. I didn't originally know I was being filmed too otherwise I would've dressed a bit nicer and looked into the camera more. Perhaps I should sign up for my local Toastmasters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toastmasters) group.

I don't know if you should have looked into the camera more, considering it was a radio program and people understand that.

Toastmasters helped me get over my fear of public speaking years ago and polish my speaking skills. Even for people that speak publicly for a living it can be good to get constructive feedback on your presentation, your body language, eye contact, overuse of filler words and phrases, etc. Its worth checking out.

Brooklyn Red Leg
12-15-2009, 02:19 PM
I didn't originally know I was being filmed too otherwise I would've dressed a bit nicer and looked into the camera more.

Actually, I think appearing in casual clothing was perfect. It shows that we're not mindless corporate drones.

kahless
12-15-2009, 02:49 PM

Moving up to bigger and better it is probably wise to dress like Ron so you do not come across too Libertarian looking that might turn off the mainstream acceptance which you will need.

SevenEyedJeff
12-15-2009, 04:31 PM
In time we will learn to call you Senator Collins, or maybe even Master. :p

Matt Collins
12-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Ha ha ha... not quite. I will NEVER be obnoxious like AJ that is for sure!

But again, I am not promoting myself, I am promoting the fact that there is a rift within the Republican Party, and that gives us an opportunity to try and change the GOP from within. It isn't about me any more than it's about Ron Paul. :rolleyes:

ForLiberty-RonPaul
12-16-2009, 03:18 PM
i was right about the mini sarah palin comment, i found a comment by this genius on youtube:

youtube - sa@tac - what is sarah palin? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rgw5tgdixy)

"theconstitutionlives (1 day ago) show hide
marked as spam
@tennbubba

(rolling eyes) she's not a leader given to us by 'globalist elites'.  the gop establishment doesn't like her. If she was presented to us by 'global elites' wouldn't the establishment like her? Duh!"

who can argue with such a brilliantly presented position... :rolleyes:

Next thing you know he's gonna tell us that sean hannity is a constitutionalist! :rolleyes:

Go read a book...

lol!

bunklocoempire
12-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Nice work Matt.

Very refreshing and keep it up.

I believe pointing out the similarites of Dems and Repubs on the grassroots level is essential vs. the top down differences we are constantly bombarded with.

Bunkloco

Athan
12-16-2009, 07:05 PM

Dude is doing more than you are apparently. Stop attacking fellow RP supporters for actually engaging others about liberty. Its cool not to like him, but your reasons are because he is doing something PRODUCTIVE. Wtf is up with that?

jmdrake
12-16-2009, 07:17 PM
But do we all have to hear about every little thing that happens to him, or every article written that mentions his name, every day?

he wasnt saying he is a sellout, just that this is getting annoying. . .

Here's a thought. Why don't we all go out, actually do stuff and post about what we do? I'd rather here about what Ron Paul is doing that the latest Tiger Woods gossip, Sarah Palin promotion / attack, etc.

jmdrake
12-16-2009, 07:18 PM
Ha ha ha... not quite. I will NEVER be obnoxious like AJ that is for sure!

But again, I am not promoting myself, I am promoting the fact that there is a rift within the Republican Party, and that gives us an opportunity to try and change the GOP from within. It isn't about me any more than it's about Ron Paul. :rolleyes:

Someone said you were like Alex Jones? You should just graciously accept the compliment. ;)

Matt Collins
12-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Again, I am just trying to let people know what's going on. If they don't know what the Republican Party is doing, then they probably are not going to be interested in changing it.

Matt Collins
12-21-2009, 10:13 AM
Personally I would have shaken the hands of the bastard who voted for the spending extravaganza but I have more respect for you than those who used that to get you out of your GOP position.Ha ha ha. Thanks. I just don't see the need to shake the hand of someone who just stole from my family and I.

Matt Collins
12-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Good job Matt!!!Thanks, I appreciate it. :)

Matt Collins
12-29-2009, 10:43 AM

he wasnt saying he is a sellout, just that this is getting annoying. . .Then why do you continue to read what I write if you don't like it? :confused::rolleyes:

Matt Collins
12-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Nice interview Matt. I think you handled the Abortion loaded question quite nicely.
Yeah I could've done it a bit better if I had been prepared for it (and it wasn't so early in the morning) but I didn't expect the host to ask a question straight out of 1994. :rolleyes:

Matt Collins
01-07-2010, 05:52 PM
27? I thought you were a bit older... :) I guess you seem more mature than your age... ;)
Thanks I appreciate that. I just turned 28 a few days ago. I can't stop growing old, but I can refuse to grow up :D

Matt Collins
01-11-2010, 01:55 PM
//

Matt Collins
01-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Just as long as you understand that the left is using you to highlight a possible crack in the Republican Party and don't care one bit about what they did to you.
Absolutely, but I use that to our advantage ;)

Matt Collins
01-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Toastmasters helped me get over my fear of public speaking years ago and polish my speaking skills. Even for people that speak publicly for a living it can be good to get constructive feedback on your presentation, your body language, eye contact, overuse of filler words and phrases, etc. Its worth checking out.Absolutely. I went to a TM meeting when I was a teen once, but just never had the time to go back. I really need to do that for sure because it will definately help with my oratory skills. And I think there are several chapters around here in Nashville. :)