PDA

View Full Version : How can I volunteer to help with the campaign?

justinc.1089
10-03-2007, 09:38 PM
I have to do some volunteer work for my college sociology class, and I found out volunteering to help out with a political campaign is ok. So I want to help Ron Paul's campaign for that, which I already wanted to help before, but I don't know how to or where to go.

So now I don't only want to help but I need to help lol. I have been doing some stuff for Ron Paul on myspace and such what I can, but I need to like actually be involved with the organized campaign efforts for my class volunteer work.

I live near Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I'm at school 4 days a week, and 2 I'm working, but the other one, Friday, I'm free, so I have a full day to help out then. I may or may not be able to work out a couple of other days too, but there isn't really a way for me to be sure of that.

So if anyone could tell me like a number to call or something that would be good because I would much rather help Ron Paul specifically than the Republicans in general. And like I said driving somewhere to help is not a problem as long as I can get in the hours I need. I mean I couldn't just drive for like 8 hours to volunteer for 1 hour, and then drive 8 hours back, and not get all the time I need for my class, but I absolutely don't mind driving just as long as its possible for me to work it out.

Or if there is something I could do that wouldn't require me to be at a certain place thats fine too, just as long as someone can sign my paper thing verifying I really did the volunteer work. I mean someone here is bound to know what to tell me to do or who to contact lol.

Primbs
10-03-2007, 09:42 PM
.contact the the campaign. South Carolina is a major early state that will be targeted.

Mani
10-03-2007, 09:53 PM
From the ronpaul2008.com "contact" page:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/contact/

For Jobs, Internships & Volunteering:

Mail @ ronpaul2008.com

(Remove the spaces)

Also on that contact page is the phone number, give them a call and ask, because emails you may or may not get a response or it could be a long delay.

austin356
10-03-2007, 09:56 PM
humm you could get in touch with the SC state coordinator. Im sure he could find something for you to do.

Also there are always the meetup groups. They have tens of thousands of people volunteering already; I am sure you could get an organizer to find you something to do with that.

r3volution
10-03-2007, 09:58 PM
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/

Primbs
10-03-2007, 10:22 PM
It is better to contact the local meetup or organizers in the state. They will get you up to speed more quickly.

justinc.1089
10-04-2007, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the replies, thats the kind of info I needed. I've been on the site but I thought there would be a better way, or quicker I should say, to get involved. I will def use the stuff you all said so thanks for the help.:)

Matt Collins
10-04-2007, 10:35 AM
Yeah - I would say they need most help at the local level for sure!

again:
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/