PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] Lord Monckton Vs Greenpeace On The Streets

purplechoe
12-13-2009, 11:38 PM
YouTube - Lord Monckton adresses a Greenpeace-campaigner on global warming (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzkB5DuveDE)

tpreitzel
12-13-2009, 11:51 PM
His very precise, tenacious grilling can be very effective in opening people's eyes. Most people are simply conditioned, almost robotic, in their system of belief. No, I'm not bashing beliefs because I have my own. However, beliefs certainly need to be examined in relation to personal experience where possible.

BlackTerrel
12-14-2009, 01:46 AM
I love how the English call their equivalent of Congressman "Lords". It sounds so much cooler.

Danke
12-14-2009, 01:57 AM
I love how the English call their equivalent of Congressman "Lords". It sounds so much cooler.

The House of Lords is really not the same, unless you are saying they are all puppets...:D

BlackTerrel
12-14-2009, 02:17 AM
The House of Lords is really not the same, unless you are saying they are all puppets...:D

I am not pretending I know anything about UK politics. I am just saying it would be cool to be called Lord. Almost as good as God Shammgod

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_Shammgod

Dieseler
12-14-2009, 02:20 AM
He's gonna come up missing.
Shot in a robbery or something.

Andrew-Austin
12-14-2009, 02:23 AM

It sounds cooler to me because I think of the "Sith Lords" of Star Wars.

Then again it also has a negative tinge because it reminds me of "feudal lords".

It is at least a more honest/direct title.

NYgs23
12-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Only those in the upper house are lords, but nowadays, I believe they're mainly cronies appointed through the prime minister who already controls the House of Commons. There seems to be very little division of powers in the British government today. The monarch and the hereditary lords lost their power in the name of "democracy" but at the expense of the separation of powers.

purplechoe
12-14-2009, 03:43 PM
bump