PDA

View Full Version : Palin's book being moved at $4.95 already LOL

Liberty Star
12-13-2009, 08:23 PM
Are neocons with questionalble funding buying up her book in bulk to make it "NYT bestseller" and then unloading through neocon mags LOL

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=palin+book+%244.95&btnG=Search

Or are NYT Bestseller and NYT Iraq WMD lists catching up in credibility?

LibertyEagle
12-13-2009, 08:28 PM
It's 14.50 on Amazon. NewsMax always has loss-leaders that they offer to encourage you to subscribe to their magazine. That appears to be where the 4.95 is coming from.

Liberty Star
12-13-2009, 08:30 PM
I suspect it would be at local barnes noble for $2.99 soon. But even at $4.95, it's a huge bargain for ideas in print of such intellectual powerhouse as Sarah Palin.

LibertyEagle
12-13-2009, 08:32 PM
I suspect it would be at local barnes noble for $2.99 soon. But even at $4.95, it's a huge bargain for ideas in print of such intellectual powerhouse as Sarah Palin.

But, it is not at $4.95. That's the point.

Liberty Star
12-13-2009, 08:35 PM
But, it is not at $4.95. That's the point.

People cannot get it at $4.95 online?

It would be stupid for consumers to spend $14.50 on a piece of political literatature - as visionary as it might be - when it can be had for under 5 bucks even it's being sold by an Israeli lobby magazine. Why waste money.

parocks
12-13-2009, 08:52 PM

It would be stupid for consumers to spend $14.50 on a piece of political literatature - as visionary as it might be - when it can be had for under 5 bucks even it's being sold by an Israeli lobby magazine. Why waste money.

Logically, you'd think that people would want to spend the least amount. Some may be concerned about how easy it is to cancel the subscription, thinking that they may end up spending more $ in the long run because they forgot to cancel their subscription at the right time.

Reason
12-13-2009, 09:31 PM
intellectual powerhouse as sarah palin.

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Zippyjuan
12-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Didn't people here buy up Ron Paul's book to try to help it on the New York Times Best Seller's list?

"Sher Betehca" that her supporters are doing the same thing. Try see how many are on eBay.

LibertyEagle
12-13-2009, 09:47 PM

No, not that I have seen. If so, do you have a link?

The only way someone can get it at that price is if you pay money to subscribe to NewsMax magazine.

Jordan
12-13-2009, 09:58 PM
It's 14.50 on Amazon. NewsMax always has loss-leaders that they offer to encourage you to subscribe to their magazine. That appears to be where the 4.95 is coming from.

Exactly. Its a loss leader. I could sell BMW 6-series cars for $4.95 assuming you enter a contract to buy a yacht. Doesn't mean the going price for a BMW 6-series is $4.95.

freedoms-light
12-13-2009, 10:09 PM
I'd rather buy "Creature form Jekyll Island" from Midas Resources.
It comes with a Silver Dollar, not a political rag. And unlike Palin,
Has something intelligent to say.

Liberty Star
12-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Logically, you'd think that people would want to spend the least amount. Some may be concerned about how easy it is to cancel the subscription, thinking that they may end up spending more $ in the long run because they forgot to cancel their subscription at the right time.

True, usually it's junk that's given away free or very cheap and you get to keep it regardless of mag subscription.

No, not that I have seen. If so, do you have a link?

The only way someone can get it at that price is if you pay money to subscribe to NewsMax magazine.

I saw ad on TV, some neocon mag was selling book at $4.95 price with their subscription. While I think Palin's written word like her spoken word is junk, question of this discussion was are these "NYT bestseller" numbers being rigged by these institutional bulk buys and then they are pushing the book at a loss?

If this is what is happening, that could explain lately suddenly all the notorious neocons like Beck, Huackabee, Palin having NYT bestsellers as their scan numbers could be rigged by similar tactics by creating the bogus impression that all these books are being bought at normal price by common people when they may not be.

Dianne
12-13-2009, 10:52 PM
Palin just another distraction. How many topics, and news shows been all about Palin; while Insane Obama and his Czars raping what is left of the USA.

And don't think this timing by accident at all. Palin knowlingly, right in the middle of the distraction. She's in with the big boys all the way.

Original_Intent
12-13-2009, 10:59 PM
Based on the pallet full of them that I saw at CostCo today, you will be able to get it soon at Barnes and Noble for $2.95.

Or if they apply Keynsian logic to the problem they may have a massive book-burning to keep the price supports in. :rolleyes:

Liberty Star
12-13-2009, 11:02 PM
Didn't people here buy up Ron Paul's book to try to help it on the New York Times Best Seller's list?

"Sher Betehca" that her supporters are doing the same thing. Try see how many are on eBay.

Yes, but key distinction is individiual grassroots supporters buying vs bulk institutional buying by a mag like newsmax.

Christopher W. Ruddy started Newsmax.com on September 16, 1998, supported by a group of conservative investors, including the family of the late Central Intelligence Agency Director William J. Casey.

ChaosControl
12-14-2009, 07:42 AM

People pay $25 for a movie when they can get it new for $13 online.
People pay $60 for a game when they can get it new for $35 online.

People are either stupid, don't shop around, or simply don't care if they waste money.

futo555
12-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Palin just another distraction. How many topics, and news shows been all about Palin; while Insane Obama and his Czars raping what is left of the USA.

And don't think this timing by accident at all. Palin knowlingly, right in the middle of the distraction. She's in with the big boys all the way.

Tin foil hat on right?

She out to make money and get her PR on. nothing more.

LibertyEagle
12-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Tin foil hat on right?

Welcome to the forums, futo. :)

Please stop by and read the forum guidelines, here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22

Insulting an established forum member on your first post, is perhaps not the best way for you to introduce yourself.

HOLLYWOOD
12-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Tin foil hat on right?

Nah... "Cat In The Hat" was dropped to $5 so Palin needed to better that Competition by a nickel. ;)

Welcome futo!

angelatc
12-14-2009, 09:49 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if they discount it soon. I read somewhere, and I wish I could find the link, that they first printing was absolutely huge by all industry standards.

They are cashing in on the season and her charismatic appeal. They'll move all those books.

And for the record, Newsmax isn't exactly a Neocon mag. I have their Ron Paul covered edition on my bookshelf.

MelissaWV
12-14-2009, 09:52 AM
The perfect stocking-stuffer: Sarah Palin!

Krugerrand
12-14-2009, 09:54 AM
When I see books at the Dollar Store ... I can't help but think how crummy it would be if I were to write a book and then find it on the shelves at the Dollar Store.

Original_Intent
12-14-2009, 10:25 AM
The perfect stocking-stuffer: Sarah Palin!

You wicked, wicked girl! :D