PDA

View Full Version : War Doves Protest Obama in Front of the White House

bobbyw24
12-13-2009, 07:02 AM
http://spectator.org/assets/mc/10photo.jpg

By Brian O'Connell on 12.12.09 @ 5:55PM

"Hey, hey Obama! How many kids did you kill today!?"

The above quote was a chant led by former Senator Mike Gravel at an anti-Afghan War escalation rally in front of the White House today. Around two hundred upset citizens came out to protest President Barack Obama, and his move to add 30,000 troops to fight in Afghanistan.

Among those in attendance were Congressman Dennis Kucinich, and former Green Party Presidential nominees Ralph Nader and Cynthia McKinney.

The makeup of the rally was mostly an older crowd, with some young people. I would say that the age distribution was somewhat similar to that of the tea party rallies -- although the similarities between tea party goers and anti-war protesters basically end with the age ranges except for one person with a "Ron Paul" sticker. Much of the crowd was sporting Green Party gear and had posters voicing their opposition. Among the signs read "War: The Audacity of Compromise", "Arrest OBusha", and "I don't vote because of people like Obama."

http://spectator.org/blog/2009/12/12/war-doves-protest-obama-in-fro

NYgs23
12-13-2009, 11:04 AM
This is the problem with the right-left dichotomy. If left-wingers like this were to actually join the Tea Party right-wingers in order to protest the Establishment, imagine how much power that movement would have.

Aratus
12-14-2009, 10:54 AM
GOOD POINT! mike gravel went from being a Democrat to joining the Libertarian Party,
and i had been a fan of his ever since he READ the mouthful that is the Pentagon Papers
into the congressional record! if only we could get the anti-war left & right in tandem at
the same rally! we need people like mike gravel and rep. dennis kucinich as a bridge!!!

Chester Copperpot
12-14-2009, 10:59 AM
well this is very good.. when youve got people protesting against other people in the same party or ideology but protest over the issue at hand I think this is all very well.

Todd
12-14-2009, 12:25 PM
This is the problem with the right-left dichotomy. If left-wingers like this were to actually join the Tea Party right-wingers in order to protest the Establishment, imagine how much power that movement would have.

From a friend:

I've talked to a couple of Tea Party right-wingers at the gym. They
both supported the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan, and they said
that Obama "should bomb the Afghans back to the stone age". Do they
know that many Afghans have not left the "Stone Age"? But those same
Afghans, mostly the Pashtuns, will fight to defend their country
against invaders. These Tea Party folks are very selective about the
aspects of government that they support. They question the
government's right to tax them to support "malingerers and miscreants",
but they support the government's right to use any excuse to launch
wars in foreign countries. By they way, they both supported the
Vietnam War. (They are in their late 50s and early 60s.)
Where are these people coming from?

The point is, the tea party has been hijacked by the same right that put Bush in office.
I think you can safely forget it.