PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin's Popularity Grows, Poll Finds

Liberty Star
12-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Have to admit, I may have been wrong about Palin's popularity on the street. Not sure when this poll was taken and if any fallout from Palin's recent interview comments in advocacy of racism is measured or not. But her numbers going up after NE had pushed accounts of her cheating on her husband and MSM reports of her support for continued interventions/reconstruction spendings in Iraq/Afghanistan show that damage may have been contained. This poll also shows that even current economic crisis it is possible for a neocon to achieve 40 plus approval numbers with a well crafted media campaign.
I may have to rethink my prediction that no party will touch Palin with a 10' pole after her recent interveiw comments:

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/09/03/politics/fromtheroad/entry4413030.shtml

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/12/07/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry5927505.shtml

kathy88
12-12-2009, 01:36 PM
bleh

Liberty Star
12-12-2009, 02:02 PM
you don't seem too impressed.

lynnf
12-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Have to admit, I may have been wrong about Palin's popularity on the street. Not sure when this poll was taken and if any fallout from Palin's recent interview comments in advocacy of racism is measured or not. But her numbers going up after NE had pushed accounts of her cheating on her husband and MSM reports of her support for continued interventions/reconstruction spendings in Iraq/Afghanistan show that damage may have been contained. This poll also shows that even current economic crisis it is possible for a neocon to achieve 40 plus approval numbers with a well crafted media campaign.
I may have to rethink my prediction that no party will touch Palin with a 10' pole after her recent interveiw comments:

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/12/07/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry5927505.shtml

what goes up, must come down.... maybe even before 2012....

lynn

cheapseats
12-12-2009, 02:15 PM
I suspect They are grooming her for Vice President.

They will anoint the candidate with the best shot at winning OR LOSING, once they have a better handle on how CRAPPY is the economic prognosis for 2012-2016.

Is the Oval Office a GOOD place or a BAD place for the buck to stop?

Personally, I find Sarah Palin contemptible. But, then, I didn't think it was possible to despise anyone more than I despised George Bush, and along came Barack Obama. Y'all are a Minority. Not like me maybe but a Minority nonetheless.

Sarah Palin WILL garner enough-read-that-50-plus-percent popular sentiment as Second Fiddle, I think.

sparebulb
12-12-2009, 04:39 PM

I have an image of a secret conference room where the puppet masters concoct their schemes. Bring Sarah Palin's poll numbers up? No problem. Done with a couple of phone calls.

These poll numbers reflect, with precision and accuracy, the exact result for which they are commissioned to find. Especially once the unreliable human inputs have been removed or "interpreted".

Dunedain
12-12-2009, 05:54 PM
It's funny that the worshippers of Egalitarianism are not pushing for her to become "the first woman president".

Just shows they don't actually care about women's "equality" at all only their usefulness as a battering ram to upset the existing order of society.

BlackTerrel
12-12-2009, 07:03 PM
I have an image of a secret conference room where the puppet masters concoct their schemes. Bring Sarah Palin's poll numbers up? No problem. Done with a couple of phone calls.

These poll numbers reflect, with precision and accuracy, the exact result for which they are commissioned to find. Especially once the unreliable human inputs have been removed or "interpreted".

If pollsters all are so dishonest and easily manipulated it seems like it would be a good business opportunity for someone to enter the market. Polling is big business, politics is a small part - business are constantly polling to see how the public responds to new products or marketing campaigns.

BlackTerrel
12-12-2009, 07:04 PM
It's funny that the worshippers of Egalitarianism are not pushing for her to become "the first woman president".

Just shows they don't actually care about women's "equality" at all only their usefulness as a battering ram to upset the existing order of society.

How has women's "equality" upset the existing social order?

Dunedain
12-12-2009, 07:07 PM
How has women's "equality" upset the existing social order?

It's not their equality that is the problem. It's that they are mostly slaves to corporate America with not enough time or money to have children.

BlackTerrel
12-12-2009, 07:11 PM
It's not their equality that is the problem. It's that they are mostly slaves to corporate America with not enough time or money to have children.

Mexicans have far less money than Americans yet they have plenty enough to have children. Whether or not one wants kids is a personal choice.

bobbyw24
12-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Does she plan to take on Obama in 2012?

"My thinking is still 2010 and helping candidates get elected there," Palin said. "That's what I'm concentrating on."

If she isn't quite ready to run for the presidency, Palin also is doing nothing to discourage the idea. Her book tour has been a "confirming and affirming" experience, she said, adding that she's tapped the same vein of discontent in the country's body politic as the conservative "Tea Party" movement, which she called "beautiful."

"The great thing about what's going on right now across the country is there isn't the apathy that perhaps we had seen even a year ago," Palin said. "All these people who are getting riled up. It's a healthy riled up, too. This is good for democracy. It's people getting sick and tired of feeling disenfranchised and disenchanted with their government, and they want their voice heard."

The political action committee Palin formed this year, SarahPAC, won't file its next public accounting until January. Palin aide Jason Recher reports "a significant uptick" in fundraising since the book tour began Nov. 18.

In next year's congressional and gubernatorial races, Palin said she'll be helping to fund candidates who share her "economically conservative principles" and "commitment to win the war against terrorists." Ideology, she said, is more important than party labels.

Earlier this year, Palin made a much-publicized intervention in a New York congressional race, backing a Conservative Party candidate over the GOP nominee. A Democrat ended up winning the seat that had been held for more than a century by Republicans.

Things haven't been smooth for Palin in Alaska, either. Fellow Alaska Republican Lisa Murkowski, the state's senior senator, blasted Palin last summer when Palin abruptly resigned her position as Alaska's first female governor with 18 months left in her four-year term. Murkowski expressed disappointment that Palin "decided to abandon the state and her constituents."

Palin has no regrets. "God has blessed the decision I made," she said.

'Playing to one side'

Whether Palin can translate her book's success into votes is an open question.

"She's playing to one side of the stadium," Republican strategist Leslie Sanchez, whose new book You've Come A Long Way Maybe discusses the role of female political groundbreakers.

While Palin is "incredibly popular among conservatives, especially conservative women, the biggest challenge she faces is that she's been identified as someone who did not have the intellectual heft to be commander in chief," Sanchez said. "I don't know that she's addressed that yet."

The book tour underscored that Palin is as polarizing as she is popular. One sure sign: The tour is making money for her critics as well. Going Rouge: An American Nightmare, one of several spoof volumes rushed into print to compete with Palin's book, ranks No. 12 on Amazon's list of biography best sellers.

Even so, those who disagree with Palin see her as a force to be reckoned with. An op-ed piece Palin wrote this week for The Washington Post about climate change drew fire from former vice president Al Gore. He accused Palin of being one of the "deniers … persisting in an era of unreality."

Those who admire Palin do so intensely. Since hitting the stands Nov. 17, Going Rogue has spent three weeks at No. 1 on USA TODAY's best-seller list,, matching the record for political memoirs, set by retired general Colin Powell in 1995. Publisher HarperCollins says it has gone back to the presses 13 times to keep up with demand and now has 2.8 million copies of Palin's book in print. Thousands of fans have camped out overnight, sometimes in bitter cold temperatures, for a chance to shake her hand.

At a time when the financial squeeze in the publishing industry has made book tours a relative rarity, HarperCollins pulled out all the stops for Palin.

By this weekend, when she officially wraps up her tour with two stops in Alaska, the politician-turned author will have visited 33 cities in 25 states — mostly in areas where her presidential running mate, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., did well last year, or where she drew big crowds at campaign rallies.

"We knew that Gov. Palin has an incredible fan base," said HarperCollins publicist Tina Andreadis. "By orchestrating a big tour," she said, "we were confident we could gain major sales and publicity at every event — which we did."

Palin was a political pragmatist when it came to promoting her book. She gave her first interview to daytime talk show queen Oprah Winfrey, a supporter of Obama's presidential campaign. And Palin hired lawyer Robert Barnett, whose author-clients include such big-name Democrats as Obama, former president Bill Clinton and his wife, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Palin gave no interviews to local newspapers or television stations along the way, but it didn't seem to matter. At a Hastings bookstore in Richland, Wash., where manager Justin Cardenas has just 72 hours to prepare for a book-signing that Palin decided to do while spending Thanksgiving weekend with family members nearby, all it took was putting a notice on the store marquee.

"Within an hour, I was getting calls," Cardenas said. People began to line up at 10 a.m. Saturday for a book signing that began at noon the next day.

"It was a very cold weekend," the store manager said. "Some even had space heaters that ran on propane."

A 'contemporary phenomena'

The book tour is "a very interesting contemporary phenomena" and one that's especially suited to appeal to some of Palin's most loyal fans, said literary critic Elaine Showalter, author of Jury of Her Peers, an anthology of American women writers.

"Women are the majority of book buyers. They're very comfortable in bookstores," Showalter said. "They're cozy. They're usually in malls. They have plenty of restrooms."

Palin said she noticed the disproportionate number of women at her signings.

"I loved it," she said, recounting her relish as meeting "so many women who are in or who have been in my shoes." She said many were mothers or grandmothers of special-needs children, such as Palin's youngest son, Trig, born with Down syndrome. "We connect," Palin said. "We understand each other."

Palin, who will have made stops at five military facilities by the time her tour ends in Alaska this weekend, announced Thursday that she's donating the red jacket she wore on the book cover for conservative talk-show host Laura Ingraham to auction for a wounded warriors benefit.

Asked the size of the jacket, the diminutive Palin was coy. "It's small but it's roomy," she laughed. "A guy would look great in it, too."

Her fans are "hard-working, unpretentious, patriotic," said Palin, who sought them out by taking her tour bus to places book tours don't often venture — a Costco in Reno and a Sam's Club in Washington, Pa. As a result, Palin's books are hitting big sales numbers in places where political memoirs are not generally hot numbers.

For now, Palin plans to cook up a traditional Christmas dinner for family and friends. "Oh, you know, we always do the moose chili," she said.

Palin said she wants to help her husband, Todd, a four-time Iron Dog snowmobile race champion, prepare for the 1,900-mile competition in February.

And Palin, who talked in the book about insisting on time for a daily run during last year's campaign, said she's got an athletic quest of her own in mind. She said she "can't wait to get more miles under my belt, 'cause I do want to run another marathon."

Her supporters hope she does, too — one that ends in 2012.

Find this article at:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-12-10-palin-book-interview_N.htm

Zippyjuan
12-12-2009, 07:52 PM
Paris Hilton is still pretty popular but I don't see her with much chance of becoming president.

Zippyjuan
12-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Sounds like you think they should be home having babies instead of a career.

ClayTrainor
12-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Paris Hilton is still pretty popular but I don't see her with much chance of becoming president.

She should run democrat against Palin.

sparebulb
12-12-2009, 08:28 PM
She should run democrat against Palin.

Not much difference except one services Israel, the other services everybody. Status quo when you think about it.

BlackTerrel
12-12-2009, 10:34 PM
She has a lot of support no doubt, there's a reason so many are going to see her and she's been #1 on Amazon for how long now?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/ref=pd_dp_ts_b_1

That said she also has a ton of detractors. No way I believe she can get 51% of the vote - not a chance.

Working Poor
12-12-2009, 10:35 PM
I would rather vote for Paris...

Liberty Star
12-19-2009, 04:27 PM
Rising poll numbers were bound to bring this from media. I'm still not Palin fan but if media could air brush thighs of other recent female politicians, why wasn't Palin granted the same courtesy by mail?

Sarah Palin wears 'McCain for President' visor on vacation, but blacks out the words

David Saltonstall
Daily News Staff Writer

Wednesday, December 16th 2009

Like a bad memory, Sarah Palin has apparently decided to block out John McCain.

The former GOP vice presidential contender was snapped in Hawaii this week wearing an old McCain for President visor - only she had blacked out the letters of her one-time running mate, leaving just a faint outline of his name.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2009/12/16/2009-12-16_sarah_palin.html#ixzz0aB0zWUKD

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/12/17/article-1236561-07A11EE3000005DC-969_634x562.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1236561/Taking-break-Sun-conscious-Sarah-Palin-covers-beach-holiday-Hawaii.html

Liberty Star
01-13-2010, 10:04 PM
More proof that Palin is not completely stupid:

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/01/13/Palin-admits-questions-about-911-and-Iraq/UPI-95391263401355/

purplechoe
01-13-2010, 10:14 PM
http://turbo.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2009/11/sarah-palin-newsweek-cover.jpg

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/p/Q/2/palin-whoosh.jpg

http://fashionindie.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/parisharpersbazaar1.jpg

Liberty Star
01-13-2010, 10:19 PM
http://fashionindie.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/parisharpersbazaar1.jpg

Some conservative babes can be hot.

tron paul
01-18-2010, 03:48 AM
At this point in the poor excuse for a discussion, I'd like to quote Robin of Berkeley:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/11/the_wilding_of_sarah_palin.html

Leftists not only sacrifice and disrespect women, but it's far worse: many are perpetuators.

The Left's behavior towards Palin is not politics as usual. By their laser-focus on her body and her sexuality, leftists are defiling her.

They are wilding her. And they do this with the full knowledge and complicity of the White House.

The Left has declared war on Palin because she threatens their existence. Liberals need women dependent and scared so that women, like blacks, will vote Democrat.

A strong, self-sufficient woman, Palin eschews liberal protection. Drop her off in the Alaskan bush and she'll survive just fine, thank you very much. Palin doesn't need or want anything from liberals -- not hate crimes legislation that coddles her, and not abortion, which she abhors.

Palin is a woman of deep and abiding faith. She takes no marching orders from messiah-like wannabes like Obama.

And so the Left must try to destroy her. And they are doing this in the most malicious of ways: by symbolically raping her.

Just like a perpetuator, they dehumanize her by objectifying her body. They undress her with their eyes.

They turn her into a piece of ass.

Liberals do this by calling her a c__t, ogling her legs, demeaning her with names like "slutty flight attendant" and "Trailer Park Barbie," and exposing her flesh on the cover of Newsweek.

Nothing is off-limits, not actress Sandra Bernhard's wish that Palin be gang-raped or the sexualization of Palin's daughters.

As every woman knows, leering looks, lurid words, and veiled threats are intended to evoke terror.

Kludge
01-18-2010, 03:52 AM
//