PDA

View Full Version : GOP: What I told my anti-Ron Paul Republican candidate

MN Patriot
12-12-2009, 08:07 AM
The Republican candidates for state legislature are now calling past delegates for their support in the upcoming caucuses.

The candidate for state senate called, so I got right to the point: "what is your opinion of Ron Paul? I was a delegate for him last time".

I got the standard neo-con reply: "I like a lot of his ideas, but I disagree with his isolationist foreign policy".

Right there I corrected him; if he can't make the distinction between isolationism and non-interventionism, then he doesn't have my support. North Korea is isolationist, Ron Paul is non-intervention.

That didn't seem to faze him too much.

I also made the suggestion that if the Republican Party is serious about reducing the size of government and ending the income tax, then maybe the first thing to do is propose ending payroll withholding for taxes. Require every worker to write a check once a year or quarterly so that they will directly know how much government is costing them.

His reply: "I don't like that idea, too many people are irresponsible with their money and wouldn't budget to be able to pay their taxes."
:(

I tried to explain to him the purpose of proposing this: get people to realize the cost of government. If the Republican Party TRULY wants to end income taxes, then have Republican Party candidates propose to end payroll withholding as a first step to that goal. Just proposing it would likely get people to realize how much they would have to pay every year or quarter.

And if the Democrats object? Why should they? The government is still getting its money, right? Instead of it coming from the employer who withholds it, it is coming from the employee who is paying it. So there would be no loss of revenue, right? Right?
But the Democrats will say people aren't responsible enough to budget their money so they can pay their taxes.
Which sounds just like this Republican candidate.

johnrocks
12-12-2009, 08:57 AM
I'm so glad you did this, that is what I think needs to be done, in a civil manner of course.

AdamT
12-12-2009, 09:22 AM
Candidates like this make me sick.

BuddyRey
12-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Good job!

These idiots need to be made aware that they can't deceive people anymore by misapplying terms like "isolationist." It insults everybody's intelligence.

Working Poor
12-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Did you tell him you were gonna vote against him in the next election? That is the message they need to get.

Cowlesy
12-12-2009, 10:15 AM
Bravo, MN Patriot!

FrankRep
12-12-2009, 10:22 AM
I got the standard neo-con reply: "I like a lot of his ideas, but I disagree with his isolationist foreign policy".

Right there I corrected him; if he can't make the distinction between isolationism and non-interventionism, then he doesn't have my support. North Korea is isolationist, Ron Paul is non-intervention.

That didn't seem to faze him too much.

Do all Neo-cons have the same membership book? I get the same exact response.

coyote_sprit
12-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Do all Neo-cons have the same membership book? I get the same exact response.

No, they are all clones of Johnson but genetic make-up breaks down over time, which is why they are more stupid then Johnson.

Athan
12-12-2009, 08:11 PM
What's the name of this bastard?