PDA

View Full Version : The Ron Paul Army Marches On!

wecandoit
06-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Don't get mad because they try to minimize Ron, isn't it what we expected? Isn't it what we are prepared for?

*We helped Ron slam dunk the online polls that were available, at an even greater pace than after the last debate.

*We forced CNN to remove the "who won" blog after a ridiculous amount of Ron Paul support! YES!

*We've got some more awesome RP video to work with, to spread the message, highligted by the absolutely wonderful response to "America's biggest moral crisis"

24 Days until the next Financial report comes out, everyone dig deep and give til it hurts!

Spread the word! Many saw Ron for the first time, either last night on the Daily show or during tonight's debate. Both a liberal leaning audience and true Christians who have becomed disillusioned over "neo-cons" have heard something good about Ron Paul in the last 2 nights.

Expand the support! Fill the coffers! It's just beginning! Fight! Fight! Fight!

DjLoTi
06-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Colbert report in 8 days!!! :)

slantedview
06-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Go team!

Marceline88
06-05-2007, 10:54 PM
I love you people. I am finally, THANK GOD, proud to be an American.

lucky
06-05-2007, 10:59 PM
Expected RP to be minimized and he was. Did expect the other candidates to start trying to usurp Ron Pauls message and they did to a minimal amount.

He did fine with what he had to work with and just means we will just have to work harder and smarter and longer than the others until they scream "Uncle" and give up.

kylejack
06-05-2007, 11:01 PM
Expected RP to be minimized and he was. Did expect the other candidates to start trying to usurp Ron Pauls message and they did to a minimal amount.

Did you hear Rudy talking about trading with Vietnam? Busted!

Minuteman2008
06-05-2007, 11:13 PM
I taped the debate on the DVR and the more I watch RP's answers the better I think he did, no matter if they tried to shut him out or not
When he talked about getting out of Iraq with the woman in the audience whose brother was killed over there, he stayed true to his message rather than giving the usual feel good politician's answer.

Surely people will recognize his integrity and honesty.

I was disappointed in his immigration answer, but his position on nation building and Iraq and Iran MORE than made up for that. Looking back on it clearly, he did an amazing job and not attempt to minimize him will work.

Yes, the message will get out!

AgentSmith
06-05-2007, 11:16 PM
When he talked about getting out of Iraq with the woman in the audience whose brother was killed over there, he stayed true to his message rather than giving the usual feel good politician's answer.

How do you think they took that? It seemed to me at first like they did not like his answer at all, but looking at it again I cant really tell. They had stone cold looks on their faces. I got the feeling she wanted something more concrete, considering her question was "how do we keep them from having another terrorist leader?" :rolleyes:

lucky
06-05-2007, 11:35 PM

Yes I did. And also heard something about the Constitution a couple of times.:)

carla8478
06-05-2007, 11:38 PM

I had a case of that last night and found myself professing love for this group too. :) It's just such a relief to know others that stand for principle.

tnvoter
06-05-2007, 11:41 PM

Well said.

Minuteman2008
06-06-2007, 12:52 AM
How do you think they took that? It seemed to me at first like they did not like his answer at all, but looking at it again I cant really tell. They had stone cold looks on their faces. I got the feeling she wanted something more concrete, considering her question was "how do we keep them from having another terrorist leader?" :rolleyes:

I think it's the momentary shock of getting an HONEST answer rather than the usual "feel good" politician's answer. It takes a minute to dawn on people that they've just been slapped in the face with a bit of reality; it takes a minute to accept it.

I think people took his answer pretty well overall. He basically changed the question by questioning the whole concept of nation building itself.

Also, I love it when he referred to "neocons" and their Wilsonian intervention policies earlier in the debate.

AgentSmith
06-06-2007, 01:13 AM
I think it's the momentary shock of getting an HONEST answer rather than the usual "feel good" politician's answer. It takes a minute to dawn on people that they've just been slapped in the face with a bit of reality; it takes a minute to accept it.

I think people took his answer pretty well overall. He basically changed the question by questioning the whole concept of nation building itself.

Also, I love it when he referred to "neocons" and their Wilsonian intervention policies earlier in the debate.

I disagree, I dont believe we are dealing with rational people. They seemed to nod in agreement when they were told things like 'nation building' and finishing the job. I believe we are dealing with a lot of irrational people who are scared of 'losing' this 'war' and im not sure how or if these people can be shown the truth.

Bryan
06-06-2007, 01:14 AM
Welcome to the forum of truth, freedom and liberty. (aka Ron Paul) :D

Thanks BTW. :)

Minuteman2008
06-06-2007, 01:19 AM
I disagree, I dont believe we are dealing with rational people. They seemed to nod in agreement when they were told things like 'nation building' and finishing the job. I believe we are dealing with a lot of irrational people who are scared of 'losing' this 'war' and im not sure how or if these people can be shown the truth.

Do you mean the people in the audience? I don't know. I know if 70% of the American people now want to disengage, then I would be surprised if this audience overall supports the war and believes that the job can even be finished.

But you might be right on about this. How much more will it take for people to finally see that it is not in our best interest to continue on this course?

Swmorgan77
06-06-2007, 09:39 AM

Yep I saw that. What a punk!

It seems these guys are acknowledging that RP's message is a bit more effective than those of a marginalized, "nowhere in the polls" candidate.

It also seemed like a couple of the other candidates tried to move closer to the "get us out of Iraq" position last night.

Swmorgan77
06-06-2007, 09:40 AM

At least Rudy was up front last night about saying that we SHOULD be nation-building in the middle east. I don't know if it will help him though... becuase Neo-Cons are so invested in the starry-eyed idea that that is not what we are doing, but "liberating them".

Swmorgan77
06-06-2007, 09:44 AM
I taped the debate on the DVR and the more I watch RP's answers the better I think he did, no matter if they tried to shut him out or not

Surely people will recognize his integrity and honesty.

I was disappointed in his immigration answer, but his position on nation building and Iraq and Iran MORE than made up for that. Looking back on it clearly, he did an amazing job and not attempt to minimize him will work.

Yes, the message will get out!

I think he did well on the immigration answer. He was the only one to address the way in which the welfare state and birthright citizenship incentivizes illegal immigration. Savage harps on this a lot, so this may have made those types perk up and listen.

RP understands that the illegal immigration issue does not just exist in a vacuum where we can have a military border and fix it. Besides, isn't that a lot like East Germany and the wall? A militarized border, and national ID card can be used just as easily (probably more so) against citizens as it could be against illegal immigration.

Ron Paul seems to be consistent about looking for the root causes of problems and addressing them, instead of having a knee-jerk response to call for tighter centralized government control and band-aid political compromises like all of the others.

I think he's right that if we didnt' have a welfare state and if we were booming and creating jobs there probably would be a place for a legitimate guest worker program, but not one that entitles not citizens to social handouts and social security.

joenaab
06-06-2007, 09:50 AM
I loved when he took the stage and, though he was robbed of his opportunity in the first hour, was able to speak to the horror and immorality of calling for a first-strike nuclear attack on Iran. His response gave me the shivers. I hope someone posts a composite of RP's responses, as my feed cut in and out and I didn't see the whole debate.