PDA

View Full Version : New 2,500 page Omnibus spending bill!

tangent4ronpaul
12-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Yoo Hoo! - SPEND, BABY SPEND!

$446 billion, 2,500 pages, 5,000 earmarks, 10% increase in domestic spending, 24 hours to review before voting on it!

Pelosi must be having an orgasm about now...

GLENN: You're trying to get a copy of it. What happens?

CONGRESSMAN CHAFFETZ: You couldn't, you couldn't get it. I mean, until it comes out of the rules committee you physically cannot get it. What happens, the House passes the bills, the Senate passes the bills, they go to conference. Well, that's a closed door meeting. Guys like me can't get in there. I'm just a member of congress. And so then they send it over to the rules committee and then it starts to get debated and then the bill goes from 1,088 pages to 2500 pages with 5,000 earmarks.

CONGRESSMAN CHAFFETZ: Shockingly 5,000 earmarks is a decrease but, you know, they have what are called airdropped earmarks. These are the most egregious of all of them because they didn't go through any sort of committee process, there was no openness, transparency. They literally showed up for the first time in this report. And so I can't tell you, I still can't tell you which ones are the air dropped earmarks that literally have never seen the light of day. And that's the thing. The thing that's a shame about this bill, the reason you do an omnibus bill is to hide stuff. And you drop it in right before Christmas when nobody's paying attention and we've got all these other, you know, crises and things going on. That's why they do these bills. That's the dirty secret here that I've come to learn about how they throw in all the crap.

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/196/34124/

-t

phill4paul
12-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Everyone, rightly, believes that greed is the problem. However, no one sees that their greed is what drives this problem
In the local paper there is much praise that some federal dollars have come down from the feds.
when reasoned with however they stick there heads in the san with the understanding that my state receives $1.08 for every $1.00 in taxes. Whooowhoo big win. Ecept when you look at what D.c. gets which is 4 times that amount.

HOLLYWOOD
12-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Just an FYI... Capital Spending budgets have increase double digits for the past 5 years and double in the past decade.

FY2010 spending is up 19%

19% for the Imperial Empire in Washington DC... these Sociopaths don't give a shit. They will spent every penny until the country collapses, then have the Judicial Branch protect their asses.